Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

At Ease/Perfect Girl

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Rose dreams about her dead uncle before she wakes up in the hospital.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2014-11-28 - 526 words - Complete

0Unrated
At Ease/Perfect Girl:

At Ease:

-Dream Begins-

Ten-year-old Rose was sick with the flu at the time. She didn’t know what day it was. It might have been raining that day too. Her fever blurred her surroundings. The door opening sounded like it was underwater to her left.

“Hey,” someone whispered. “How’s my favorite girl doing?” Rose could only answer in a moan. A large shadow cast over her in the bed. She remembered a giant hand resting on her forehead.

“There, there,” he whispered. “I’m going to stay with you through, okay?” He kissed her on the forehead. “You just lie there and rest,” he told her. Rose couldn’t remember if she smiled at him or not. However, she remembered his two gold rings on his fingers. He did sit by her bed as she slept.

-Dream Ends-

Days later, Rose awoke in her hospital bed.

Perfect Girl:

-Rose-

My eyes searched the room. I had never seen so much white before in my life. I found Pete sitting to my left.



“Welcome back,” he said. I made a strange look on my face.

“Where am I?” I asked.

“The hospital.”

I tried to understand what he was saying. “What?”

“Do you remember what happened?”

It hurt my head to think. “Well… we came down to Miami for a party.”

“Yes…”

I looked up at him. “Did something happen to me?” Pete hesitated at first as if he didn’t want to tell me.

“Petey?” I asked. He lowered his hands.

“You were hit by a car,” my love admitted. My eyes grew wide in shock.

“What? Why?” I asked. He looked away as he bit on his lower lip.

“It was Tony,” he said in a low voice. I leaned forward, but Pete pushed back onto the bed.

“Stay down,” he said. “You’re still in recovery.” I laid back down like he said.

“Where’s Tony now?” I asked.

“Dead.”

I didn’t know what to say at first. “How long have I been here?”

“About a couple of weeks.”

“And the baby?”

He put his hands on mine. “The baby’s fine. In fact, it’s a boy.”

“A boy?”

“Yes.”

I drew my eyes closed as I remembered my late favorite uncle. “You know something?” I asked. “I was dreaming about my uncle while I was. When I was little, I had a cold and he came to visit me. He stayed by my side while I slept.” I reached up and rubbed along my fingers.

“He had these two golden rings on his fingers,” I said. “They made think that he was king.” I opened my eyes and turned to him.

“Can we call our baby Nathanial after my uncle?” I asked. Pete smiled as he patted me on the head.

“Sure,” he said. My friends came to visit me over the next few days. To be honest, I grew so bored in the hospital. Never had I wanted to go home so badly in my life. However, that would be put on hold because of a little detour…

Once My Lover, Now My Friend
Sign up to rate and review this story