Categories > Original > Drama > I'll Find You Some People To Eat

I'll Find You Some People To Eat

by NezzSan 0 reviews

A young woman named Joy is has turned into a being that eats humans. Continuously struggling with her morals of eating people, being trained to become a mercenary, and having to cope with a sadisti...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Published: 2014-12-21 - 6873 words

0Unrated


I'll Find You Some People To Eat

... In return, you'll have to work for me."

That's what the disgustingly sadistic man said to me as he pressed his boot against my head, grinding it against the wet dirt floor. His sword dug a sliver deep into my neck, as a slight amount of blood dripped from the wound.

If Irefused the man's offer, I'm sure he wouldn't think twice about bringing that sword across my neck. No one would really mind. Not for a life like mine.

My name is Joy, and I am a Zombi...

In the year 20XX, mankind no longer held its place at the top of the food chain. A new predator gradually came into existence, a being called Zombi. No one knew what they numbered or how they first originated. They were monsters that could only live by devouring human beings.

I was human... I was completely human...

And then some idiot hit me with his car....

Damn it...

Damn it...

And now I'm a Zombi that's being blackmailed by this devil in human skin.

"Well?" the man asks me again.

He looks down at me with indifferent eyes that shout "Honestly, I don't give a damn what you choose! Just hurry up and make a decision!".

His name is Deadman and he is a Slayer. A cold blooded mercenary that I would tie myself to for the rest of my life.



Chapter 1: Welcome to the Top of the Food Chain



Joy was 24 years old, worked as a coder for a computer company, had a slimly cut figure, shoulder length black hair, and was admitted to a general hospital. After being hit by a drunk driver in broad daylight, she was in critical condition and put on life support. She wouldn't hold out for long. A major organ had been crushed in the accident, and she required a transplant.
Her doctor sighed as he looked over the medical report. The donor waitlist was long, and Joy would only be stable for a few more days. Factoring the time it took to ship the organ she needed, depending on where the donor came from, and of course, accounting for the long queue in front of her, chances she would survive were less than slim.

The doctor's phone rang and interrupted his thoughts. He picked it up and was immediately met with a voice that began speaking rapidly. The information was that a black market trade house had recently been raided. What did the warehouse store? Human organs by the bulk load. Harvested from who knows who and god knows where.

The thing about organs is they're like any other kind of meat. They go bad quick, and they suffer extensive damage when frozen for long periods of time. While the ideal response to finding stolen body parts would be to return them to their rightful owners, the body parts would spoil by the time they found and made their way back to their original possessors.

Unethical?Yes. But better than letting them go to waste. The doctor immediately requested an organ for his patient. The courier made it in time and the operation that followed was a success. The girl would live.

Joy would live.

It was amiracle. An ideal happy ending to a hopeless situation. For the innocent girl who had committed no wrong, it was a conclusion she deserved.

But fate rarely shows any semblance of kindness or rationale for fair play.

Joy was recovering well and was set to be released within a month. She healed at an abnormally fast pace. That should have been the first indication that all wasn't going to be as it should. Joy shoved food in her mouth, and found that it all tasted disgustingly bland. When she went to the restroom, the food was excreted undigested. All chewed up, but more or less, left the way it originally was.

The ominous signs caused Joy great anxiety. She prepared to tell her doctor about her symptoms and asked to speak with him. While waiting for her doctor, she saw a news report on the TV of her room. In front of her bed, she listened to the news anchor's words.

"The government has released new information on the monsters called Zombis. Research has found that they do not possess the ability to digest any kind of known edible. When force fed anything nonhuman, the Zombis either regurgitated or expelled the food, undigested. Scientists are conducting further examinations as to the reasons for the Zombi's specific diet."

Joy felt the color drain from her face. She outright rejected the possibility and began conjuring numerous reasons for her condition. While desperately grabbing at all kinds of alternatives, the sound of a door opening interrupted her thoughts.

The doctor entered the room and Joy reflexively turned off the TV. After some discussion about her status and small talk, she chose not to tell the doctor about her digestion problems. Joy knew that if she was identified as a Zombi, she would be shipped off to some research facility, or worse, simply killed out of fear.

Under the constant weight of paranoia and fear, time passed, and Joy was eventually released from the hospital. A welcome back party was held for her, but she could not bring herself to enjoy it. Surrounded by her family and friends, she could only wear a fake smile as she felt internally tormented.

As soon as her guests left, she immediately began researching about Zombis. They needed to eat at least one person every 1
Sign up to rate and review this story