Categories > TV > Veronica Mars

Where life takes us

by jadedme 1 review

Veronicas life is completely thrown into chaos. Her best friend is murdered, her father is fired, her mother leaves and she is made an outcast. Maybe she ca n find a new place along with loyalty, f...

Category: Veronica Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Eli Navarro,Veronica Mars - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-01-04 - Updated: 2015-01-04 - 3899 words

-1Cliche
A/N I OWN NOTHING BUT THE IDEAS I ADDED. REVIEW AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. HAPPY READING!I. ADDED THE DISCLAIMER THAT SAYS I OWN NOTHING BUT THE IDEAS I ADDED. HELLOOOOOO! THE STORY IS NOT MINE I JUST CHANGED IT! IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORY THEN READ SOMETHING ELSE NOT THAT HARD NOW IS IT!

Eli "weevil" Navarro was the leader of the PCH motorcycle gang. He was someone you didn't wanna mess with and everyone knew that. When Lilly was murdered he really thought he'd lost the one person he would ever love. That summer though his thoughts changed as he really paid attention to Lilly's best friend Veronica Mars. Her dad was fired from Sheriff and he had heard her mother ran off. She was made an outcast by her so called friends and it seemed she was lower on the food chain then him and his crew. He'd see her around town as she was accosted by Logan and other 09ers. Eli would intervene when he could. Hector and Felix along with some others from his crew would also. Junior year was here and he really was hoping to get closer to Veronica.

Monday, when Eli pulled up to the rest of the PCHers in the school parking lot, they were all talking about someone and laughing it up at whoever's expense. "Yeah the whole football team man, dude, good girls are always the kinkiest man." Felix was telling Hector.

"What are you going on about man?" Eli asked after pulling off his helmet, wondering what girl got her cherry popped and was now being disgraced to the whole school.

"Veronica Mars, man," Eli stiffened as Felix went on, "Apparently she got real fucked up at some party Friday night and got wild." When everyone realized Eli wasn't laughing they slowly quieted, "What's up, Weevil?"

"Who told you that?" He demanded, climbing off his bike.

"What about the Mars chick?" Felix asked, "Dude everyone's saying it. She fucked everyone man, apparently if you were a dude and you were at that party she would have—"

Eli grabbed the collar of his jacket harshly, "Don't finish that sentence, man." He hissed, before pushing him back towards the others. He didn't wait for any response; instead he scanned the parking lot for her LeBaron. He noticed it parked in the corner of the 02 Lot, and headed over ignoring any calls from his crew.

She wasn't in her car he noticed, but as he approached he noticed some blonde surfer prick about to write on her windows.


"What do you think you're doing?" Eli barked, causing the blonde to jump and look at him in confusion.

"Why do you care?" The idiot asked, standing up straighter.

"Looks a lot like vandalism to me," Eli snarked, noticing his crew coming up behind him to have his back, no matter how confused by his actions they were.

"Didn't you know all vandalism is to be approved by me?" He was taunting the fool now, waiting for him to make a mistake.

"What is this like when a pimp stands up for his ho?" The bored drawl from behind them grated on his nerves and he knew exactly who it was without turning. Logan Echolls came from the richest family, his parent literally being movies stars. He also happened to be Lily's boyfriend, the one Eli always seemed to get scheduled in between their break ups. Not that Logan knew he had touched Lily, and as much as he would love to rub the smug pricks nose in it, he refused to dirty the memory of Lily in anyone eyes.

"No, it's more like when I tell you that if you fuck with V, I'm going to bash your face in." Eli smirked at the surprised look that crossed his name when he referred to Veronica by her initial. To anyone else, it didn't sound like they just met on Saturday. Him calling her V almost sounded intimate, him threatening people for messing with her definitely did. Eli tried to keep telling himself this was for Lily, he was just helping Veronica for Lily, but he knew it was a lie.

Eli got in Logan's face. "When I find out what you fucks did to her on Friday," he hissed, "I'm gonna be coming for all of you." He didn't wait for a response, just stormed off looking for the petite blonde, his crew behind him.
He found her walking into the school. "Hey, V, wait up."

She glanced over her shoulder and slowed her pace, allowing them to catch up. He noticed as the rest of his crew neared she moved herself closer to him. She looked up at him expectantly, like she was waiting for him to speak again, but he just fell into pace beside her. He could see the people around them talking. With a few well shot glares most of them scattered like the cockroaches they were, which gave them something else to talk about entirely.
They stopped outside her classroom
"Did you need something Weevil?"

"Nah just letting you know that if you need any help you got us."

"Thanks...Eli."

"Don't mention it," he shrugged, "I'll see you around." And he left her there in the hall to go into her class.

When Eli and the rest of the PCH gang were halfway to auto shop, Felix spoke up. "What are you doin' helping an 09er, Weevil?" He asked, not accusingly but genuinely confused.

"V, ain't an 09er." He shrugged.

"You're joking right? That's Duncan Kane's girl." Hector piped up.

"He dumpped her. Plus I seen her and her dad moving in at Cliffside Inn Apartments." He told them, "She ain't an 09er."

"Blondie lives in the 02?" Felix said with disbelief.

When Eli shrugged Felix continued,

"Well she used to hide it well." No one was mistaking her for an 09er anymore. By the end of third block he was ready to kill though. He was sitting behind Duncan Kane himself, who was just listening to the other people talk shit about Veronica. Virginal V was the school whore now apparently. The more rumors he heard the more he wondered what had really happened to her over the summer. When one 09er said something particularly vulgar involving V's body being used as a salt lick he snapped.

"Hey, you just gonna let him talk about your girl like that?" Eli hissed at Duncan, causing him to turn around to glare back at Weevil.

"From what I hear she's your girl now." It was a bitter response and it only made Eli smirk, not even correcting him. The more people who thought she was with him the better, at least people would know the PCH was behind her if they tried to hurt her again. Nothing held him back from launching himself at the 09er who dared asked if he wanted to make some extra cash, leasing out his whore. Even though he was suspended for a week, he was satisfied that the rich punk was missing his front three teeth.

Logan cornered Veronica at her locker as soon as he heard Weevil was gone , his hands on each side of her. Fear racked her body as she stared into his eyes.
"Looks like your bodyguard is gone for a bit." he slipped his hand up her shirt as she pushed at him and tried to keep her shirt down. Logan smiled "come on Ronnie I missed the fun and wanna see if your as good as I hear you are."

The kids standing nearby who were listening all laughed as tears started down Veronica's cheeks. She rushed to get away. Felix and Hector saw it and when Logan looked their way Felix just pointed at him in warning.



Two days into his suspension he went to Felix's after school, he was sitting on his porch nursing a beer. "Hey man, what's goin on?"

"Hey man, anything good happen today?" Eli said, climbing off the bike and heading his way. He saw the look Felix gave him "Somethin' happen I don't know about?"

Felix shrugged, "Saw her crying in the hall," taking a sip of his beer as Eli found himself growing angry, "When I got closer I saw why she was crying, so I took care it." Eli was kind of surprised by the anger in Felix's tone. "I don't think Echolls is gonna fuck with her anymore."

"What was he doing?" Eli demanded.

"The first day you were out he was harassing her in the hall and trying to feel her up. Today he was talking shit, but what he was saying was just hitting her pretty hard." Felix said with a frown, "I tried to get her to skip the rest of the day but she just went to class." Eli grabbed a beer from the six pack Felix was working on.

"You hear what he said?"

Felix nodded, "The whole hallway heard," he told him, "He handed her a hundred and asked for a night. Told her next time she came to a party he'd be there to see the entertainment he missed. Then he pinned her to the locker when she shoved the money back at him ,he told her to keep it, and that he was sure her mom had drank them dry by now." He was going to kill that bastard, "So then I slammed his face into the locker and told him to get lost."

"Good." He nodded, happy his friend had known to protect her.

"What's up with you and Blondie anyway?" Felix asked after they finished a few beers in silence, listening to the sounds of the neighborhood as the sun set.

"Just looking out for her, man." He tried to tell himself, but he knew that was a lie, and it was becoming more of a lie the more he looked out for her.

"Yeah, but why? You ain't ever cared about her before now." That was true. "What changed?" Eli took a sip of his drink and found himself telling Felix about his strange summer.
Felix and Eli had made a point to watch out for Veronica over the next month. They never outright said it, but if one wasn't near her the other was. If she noticed her two shadows she never let on that it bothered her, she'd simply shoot them a smile and continue on her way. Most of the 09ers had learned to keep away from her, and her need for a shadow became less, but Eli still found himself around her regardless.

When the last bell rang for the day he made his way to his bike only to see Veronica waiting for him, while talking to Felix. It wasn't until he got closer that he could tell they were arguing about something, and neither had taken notice of his slow arrival. He slowed down, trying to focus on what they were saying. He couldn't hear anything yet, but Felix look downright pissed while Veronica was saying something to him that just made him angrier.

"Let you handle it?" He heard Felix bark loudly as he got closer, "Because you seem to have it all under control don't you, V?"

"Felix, it was just my tires." She hissed.

"Just your tires?" He said, in total disbelief. "It was just your tires because I happened to be there!" Eli stilled, What did Felix mean by if he hadn't been there?

"He wouldn't have—", her tone soft and unsure.

"What hurt you?" Felix all but sneered, "Not a theory I'd put to the test if I were you."

"What's going on Felix?" He asked his right hand. Felix stared at Veronica for a minute, before simply shrugging.

"Weevs," Felix started to make an excuse but Eli's glare stopped him short, "Veronica and Dick got into it today." Veronica's head snapped up, "When I got here she was at her car and he was waving a knife at her."

"Felix!" She yelped, "It wasn't like that." She turned to Eli, "It's not a big deal, Eli. Really!"

Eli was shaking he was so mad, his fists opening and closing just itching to hit someone. "Not a big deal." He laughed humorously, grinning at Felix who was looking at him nervously, "Someone points a knife at her and she says no big deal."

"I caught him slashing my tires, he wasn't going to use the knife on me." She said, but her voice sounded doubtful and that was too much for him.

"He had it at your throat V!" Felix was still pissed.

"Where is he?" Still addressing Felix, who started glancing around.

"Eli, please just drop it." She begged, "Let's just go." He was about to walk in the direction Felix pointed when Veronica grabbed his hand. This time not letting go, "Please, Eli?" There were tears in her eyes, which she blinked back quickly.

"I can't let him get away with something like that." Eli's biggest regret was pulling his hand from hers "Felix will take you where you need to go." She didn't say anything else to him, just turned and started walking towards Felix's bike.

"You sure about this, man?" Felix asked, but at Eli's glare he raised his hands in defeat and followed after Veronica. He had a 09er to beat.

He found Dick Casablancas with Echolls walking towards the obnoxious yellow truck Echolls drove. He didn't give them warning, didn't even ask for back up from his crew. Instead he reached them just as Dick was about to open the passenger door when Eli shoved his face into the car door.

"What the fuck!" He heard Logan yell, as he made his way towards him to help Dick, but when Eli pulled out a switchblade and held it under Dick's chin Logan stopped. "Hey, take it easy, dude."

Eli scowled at Logan, before addressing Dick who was stuttering pathetically. "Not so fun being on this end of the knife is it?" Eli growled into his ear, "It's kind of scary right?" Dick nodded as he continued, Logan looking on in utter confusion, "You just don't know what's gonna happen. Are you gonna walk away without a scratch? Or will there be anything left by the time I'm done?"

"Dude, I can give you whatever," Logan exclaimed, his voice without the usual drawl, "How much do you want?"

Eli laughed, "This ain't about money, and even if it was." He glared at Logan, "Not even you are rich enough to pay me to forget that this fucker" he shoved into Dick a little more, "had his own knife pointed at my girl." He didn't know what made him address Veronica as such, but chose not to correct himself.

"Veronica?" Logan asked with confusion, "You threatened Ronnie with a knife?" The question addressed to Dick.

"I wasn't serious man! The bitch took it wrong." Dick nearly screamed, but quieted as Eli pressed the knife closer. "I'm sorry, man, I'm sorry." Eli pulled back the knife and as the kid let out a sigh of relief Eli rocked him right in the jaw, watching him drop instantly.

"I'm gonna say this once Echolls." Eli growled, staring down at Dick but he knew Logan was listening, "One of your friends pulls something like that again, I'm coming after you when I finish with them." And with that he stormed away.

Veronica was mad at him, that much he knew. She hadn't smiled or waved when she caught his eye the next day. Instead she sighed and just kept going. He was called into Clemmons office and suspended for another week, but when he came back she didn't ask for any rides, or for anything for what seemed like forever. From a distance he could see her becoming sadder and sadder, until one late March day she arrived at school…different.

He saw her car pulling into the lot, the words YOUR A WHORE written in white on her back windshield. He growled, catching the attention of Felix who just sighed when he saw it as well. They watched her park on the other side of the lot, turn off her car and then climb out. Eli and Felix both stopped dead. She had chopped away her long golden locks and sported a short and edgy haircut that sat above her shoulders, and the sad broken look was replaced with a scowl.

Slamming her door she walked around and stared at the graffiti as Felix and Eli continued to approach. They were surprised, to say the least, when she looked over to the 09ers who were pointing and laughing, and then pulled out a thick marker. Going up to her window she corrected the white sentence so that it read YOU'RE A WHORE.

"Didn't figure you for a grammar nazi." Felix laughed, throwing an arm around her shoulder. Eli pushed down the surge of jealousy that went through him. Even though she had been avoiding Eli, she apparently she was still okay with Felix.

"Learn something new every day." She smirked, catching both boys off guard. Where did this backbone come from? "What are you two up to?" She asked nonchalantly as she tucked the marker away and grabbed her bag.

"Well, I came to see Veronica, but then you stepped out of her car." Felix teased, "What's with the new do, chica?" He asked playing with the end of a short blonde strand.

"Needed something different." She shrugged. "Tired of looking at a ghost in the mirror." Neither boy knew how to respond to that, so neither did. After a moment she turned to Eli, "What's going on Weevil." the name hit him hard, and even Felix stiffened at the title. She was the only one even allowed to call him Eli, and here she is not even acknowledging the stab she just made.

"Nothing that. concerns you, Blondie." He shot back more viciously than he meant to and they stared at each other for a long time.

"Yeah," She agreed, "I guess what you do really doesn't concern me, does it." And with that she left both of them standing there, watching her walk away from them.

"What was that about, man?" Felix asked. Eli didn't answer, he didn't know, he just walked back over to his bike and got on, trying to ignore the pain in his chest.

Now the new rumor around school was Eli used her up and tossed her out, so she was free game. However, Felix made it known that even if Eli did turn the other cheek, if he saw someone cross her it was eye for an eye.
-----------

Hector walked up to him a few weeks later during lunch "you might wanna go talk to blondie Weevil." He received an odd look from both Felix and Eli.

"And why might I want to go and do that, Hector?" Eli sneered.

"Cuz' man, she cut down the snitch." He told him. Eli and Felix both started looking around and sure enough, in the middle of the courtyard sat the small blonde at her usual table, but today she had the company of the scrawny black kid they had duct taped naked to the flagpole this morning as punishment for calling the cops on his boy Hector.

That caught him by surprise; Veronica had never intervened in his business before. Ever since the day in the parking lot, she hadn't even glanced in his direction. He had to admit it was nice to see her not sitting alone for once, the only person he ever saw her with was Felix and that was only when he was defending her or helping her change a tire.

Eli shook the thought away and got up, heading over to their table,
"My bitch!" He snapped, just as he passed Veronica, ignoring the look from Felix, and getting up in the black kids face, "Didn't I tell you to wait for me by the flagpole? I didn't think I could make myself clearer." He had yet to acknowledge Veronica's presence next to him, but he could feel her eyes on him.

The scrawny kid let out a nervous laugh, thinking Eli was playing a game with him, "I get it very funny."

"You get what?" Eli hissed angrily, this kid was getting two of his boys sent away, "You get that you're a dead man?" He went to say something else when she finally spoke.

"Leave him alone." A command not a request. The first thing she says to him in months, and she's telling him to leave alone his snitch.

Eli tried to control his anger, as he stands and turns to her, "Sister," He smirks down at her, "The only time I care what a woman has to say is when she riding my big ole hog" There was a time she had asked for a ride on his motorcycle, but he sent her with Felix instead, "but even then, it's not so much words as it is oos and ahs, you know what I'm saying?" He smirked at her, waiting for her to blush or look away at the innuendo.

Felix was shaking his head at him, but stopped when Veronica leaned forward a glint in her eye, "So it's big huh?" He had to keep his jaw from dropping. He'd never heard her say something like that, he almost didn't reply as she smiled up at him, Felix looking at her in shock as well.

"Legendary." Eli grinned at her, wondering what surprises she was going to throw at him next.

"Well lets see it."

Felix choked, as Eli stared at her in disbelief, "I mean if it's as big as you say, I'll be your girlfriend." He could hear the teasing in her voice, but all he could think of is 'when and where' , "We can even go to prom together." He stared at her in awe for a moment before she snapped him back into reality, "Well, what seems to be the problem? I'm on a schedule here, Vato." Vato, not even Weevil this time.

"Go ahead and show her, Weevs, if she's gonna beg for it." Felix he told him, laughing.

"Looks like your buddy here wants to see it too." Felix stopped laughing, she always referred to him by his name, even after she stopped talking to Eli. Eli could see a flash of regret, as she witnessed Felix's demeanor change but she pulled up a poker face.

"Forgot V, you've seen so many it's like looking at the back of your hand." Felix spat. One thing Eli knew about Felix is when someone hurt his feelings he lashed out. Unfortunately by the look on Veronica's face, she wasn't privy to such information. "Hell I'll show you mine." He started walking up to her hands on his belt when Eli held an arm out to stop him, before he did something he regret. It was that moment, the vice principal noticed what was going on and sent Felix and Eli away only for them to hear V.P. Clemmons blaming Veronica for attracting trouble. He tried to shake off the guilt, and by the look on Felix's face he was trying to do the same.
Sign up to rate and review this story