Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 17 Prom Night 2

by Reign_Madden 1 review

Read and find out

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-08-13 - Updated: 2006-08-13 - 2208 words

0Unrated
Benji's p.o.v

I left the house around 7:30pm. I had to go and collect a car. My mum and Joel are the only ones who know I passed my driving test 2 weeks ago.
I was borrowing, Kyle's ride, I helped him out once when he was in a sticky situation with some jocks so he owed me.
I looked at my watch it was 7.40pm. I waited on the corner where we agreed to meet. Just then I saw two cars coming down the street. The first car pulled over right next to me and cut the engine.
'I really appreciate this Kyle.' I say as a short kid stepped out onto the pavement next to me.
'Anytime Benji, you saved my ass I owe you.' He replies tossing me the keys.
'I gotta go and pick up my date, I'll see you there.' He says jogging over to the second car that had pulled up behind his.
I got in the freshly cleaned car and admired the interior. I started the engine and raced over to Reign's. I couldn't wait to see her face.

7.58 pm

I turned the corner onto Reign's road, I drove slowly towards her house, and I was starting to get nervous. I pulled over on the opposite side to her house, the note said 8.00pm I was a little early but who cared.
I undid my seat belt and was about to get out when I saw Reign's front door open.
'What the hell?' I say out loud. She came out of the house but not alone, there was a guy with her and he was dressed in a tux. I watched in horror as he tied my corsage to her wrist. What was going on? Why was she with him? My mind was racing. I couldn't comprehend what was happening.
I thought my heart would burst as I watched them get in his car and drive off. The whole thing took like a minute.
I sat there for what seemed like forever, tears were threatening to spill over my eyes.
I picked up the car phone and dialed Tyra's number. I cancelled on her earlier, I hoped she still wanted to go. I had to show my face at the prom, I had to show Reign.
'Hey Tyra it's Benji, look I know I cancelled on you earlier, but I'm feeling much better, and if it's okay with you I'd like nothing more then to take you to the prom.' I lie down the phone. Of course she wanted to go. I put my seatbelt on and made my way over to Tyra's. All the while thinking about what I just saw. I remembered that the guys name was Ryan, I remember seeing him around school. How could I have been so stupid? She knew it was me all along I bet, she knew and she didn't care. I bet she said she'd go with him ages ago. I thought she was different. That night we kissed meant everything to me, but it meant nothing to her. I bet her and Ryan are killing themselves laughing.
'Well fuck them bastards.' I say out loud. I'm gonna have a good time with out her, I don't need her.

Normal p.o.v

7:56

You've just got over the initial shock of seeing Ryan at your door.
For some reason you imagined that it would be Benji. You feel so stupid, to think that he'd be interested in you. The kiss you shared was a stupid joke; he probably had nothing better to do with his time so he'd thought he'd kiss you to amuse himself.
'I know you never actually gave me an answer about prom' Ryan said snapping you out of your thoughts 'but I thought I'd show up and see how it went.' He says slightly shamed faced.
'Well I'm glad it's you and not someone else.' You answer smiling. You notice a strange look on his face but decide not to ask about it.
You walk out the door locking it behind you. You allow Ryan to tie the corsage onto your wrist before heading to his car and driving off.

You reach the prom, which is being held in the school gym. The party was in full swing. There were gowns everywhere with screaming girls in them. You surveyed the room and it looked amazing. Beautiful dim lighting, crepe paper and balloons were decorating the high walls. A DJ was in the corner and the refreshments were to your left and the dance floor was smack bang in the middle of gym.
You spotted Joel and the others, sitting at one of the dining tables that lined the perimeter of the room.
'So Reign this is him?' Kelly shouts, when you guys finally managed to get over to them.
'Yeah this is Ryan, Ryan this is Billy, Kelly, Paul, Lisa, Joel and Kara.' You shout over the music, pointing to each person individually.
'Hey Joel where's Benji?' You ask looking around.
'I don't know, I thought he'd be here by now, he left before everyone else.' Joel replies shrugging.
'I didn't come here to chit chat, I came to dance.' Lisa says grabbing Paul and heading for the dance floor. We all followed suit, pairing off with our respective dates.
45mins later you flopped down at the table, you had danced your ass off and Ryan had gone to get some drinks. You flick your hair over your shoulders, and look at the other couples on the dance floor. Everyone seems to be enjoying him or herself. You look across the room and spot Benji. You wave him over but he doesn't move. You stand up and walk through the dancing couples to his table.
'Hey Benj, when did you get here? We were looking for you earlier.' You say sitting next to him. He looked sort of upset.
'I'm surprised you even knew I was missing.' He retorts sipping his drink.
'Ok' you answer not knowing what to say. 'Are you having a good time?'
'Of course I am, can't you see I'm having a spectacular time.' He says sarcastically looking out at the room. Neither of you spoke again until Benji broke the silence
'So Ryan's your admirer huh?' he asks.
'Yeah, I'm really glad he's my date, when he showed up I was totally shocked...'
'That's fascinating, is this conversation over?' he interrupts 'I got to find my date.' He places his cup on the table and walks off before you could say anything more.
You get up to find Ryan and the others. That conversation with Benji totally dampened your mood. They were all sitting at the table and Ryan was talking to Lisa and Paul. Billy and Kelly were cuddling, they were totally in their own world, as were Joel and Kara who were making out.
'What's the matter London?' Lil' Billy said noticing the look on your face.
'Nothing I... everything is fine I'm having a blast.' You reply plastering a smile on your face. You don't want to ruin it for everyone else, beside Benji's just a stupid jerk.
'Do you mind?' you say to Ryan pointing at his knee as all the chairs were taken. You perch on Ryan's knee and he snakes his arm around your waist to keep you from falling off.
'Your hands better stay on her waist,' Joel warns. He stopped kissing Kara and was glaring at Ryan. Just then Benji and Tyra reached the table.
'Joel back off, if Ryan wants to touch me it's none of your business' you say to Joel leaning forward so Ryan can't hear you. 'And by the way Kara's lips are drying out you might want to get back in there.' You tease leaning back so you're resting against Ryan chest.
'Don't worry about Reign Joel, she's just having fun. Right Reign' Benji says looking around for a chair. Someone at the next table vacated their seat and Benji bought over to your table and sat down, pulling Tyra onto his lap.
'I guess so, it is prom.' You answer uncertain of where the conversation is going.
'What about when it's not prom? Like I don't know lets say on a Friday night. Is it just fun then? It's all a game right?' he asks with a blank expression on his face.
'I don't know what you mean Benji...' you start to answer.
'Ahh but that's you all over isn't it London you never know what anyone means.' He says. By now your completely lost, but you know he's taking shots at you.
'You shouldn't send mixed signals you should really make things clear Reign.' You hear him say.
You're getting pissed off, he was beginning to ruin the whole prom for you and to top it off you don't even know what you did. The DJ started up a slow number and you watch couples proceed to the floor.
'I would love to stay here and play this little game with you, but I'm going to dance with my date.' You say to Benji getting up and letting Ryan lead the way.
You absentmindedly dance with Ryan. You can't stop thinking about Benji. You had no idea what he was babbling about, but yet it was bugging the hell out of you.
The DJ played another slow jam, halfway through you see Benji and Tyra arguing before Benji storms out of the gym.
You not sure why but you want to go after Benji. You excuse yourself from Ryan and hurry out of the gym.
You find Benji in the student parking lot sitting on the hood of Kyle's car.
'Back for another round I see.' He says as you approach the car.
'Nope this is the final, I don't know what I did to piss you off, but it gets settled now.' You say getting angry.
'I'd love to stay and have it out with you, but I just don't want to.' He replies jumping off the hood and walking past you.
'Don't walk away from me Benjamin.' You warn him grabbing his arm and turning him around. 'You already fucked up this evening for me, but I'm not going to let you ruin it for the others.'
'Just go back inside Ryan's waiting for you.' He states bitterly
'No I won't go inside, stop brushing me off and talk to me Benji, Please.' You say looking in his eyes.
'Wanna know what my problem is Reign? It's you okay. I did everything I could except directly tell you. I sent you flowers, I wrote you a note, I spent 2 hours shopping for the perfect corsage, I kissed you and yet you still came here with that other guy, but the bit that's pissing me off the most is that I'm trying to hate you and I can't.' he finishs, looking everywhere but at you.
'What?' You breathe out. You were totally speechless.
'You heard me Reign. I know for you this may seem outta the blue, but I had feelings for you since you saved my sister, and they got stronger the more I was around you. I guess I'm a coward coz I didn't know how to tell you, which was why I came by last Friday. I had a whole speech made up in my head, but the second I saw you in your dress, I was speechless so I kissed you instead.' He says taking a second to pause
'Look I don't know how you feel, but if that kiss was anything to go by then I'm pretty sure your into me to. Just tell me how you feel about me Reign, if you feel anything.' He was standing two inches away from you now. Your heart was pounding in your chest so hard you thought it would burst right through your ribcage.
'Benji I...' You couldn't talk the ability to make sounds come out from your mouth had disappeared. You were utterly and completely dumbfounded. The seconds ticked by and you see the disappointment shadow his whole face. You try to say something but your brain and your mouth are not in sync.
'I get it Reign, you don't feel anything for me.' He says looking down. 'It's cool Lets just go back inside and forget this ever happened.' He turned around and began walking back to the gym.
'Benji wait' you call after him.
'What Reign?' he said reluctantly turning around.
Before you could help yourself you were running. You jump onto him, wrapping your legs around his waist and gently press your lips aginst his. You pull away kissing him all over his face and neck before finding his lips again and inching your tongue into his mouth. You feel his arms supporting your body as you kiss him deeply feeling his tongue caressing yours. He runs his right hand across your naked thigh, where your dress splits, and a moan escapes your lips. You break away, both of you desperate for air.
'Is that clear enough Benji?' you whisper breathing deeply and resting your forehead on his.
'Oh yeah I got it this time.' He replies kissing you again.
Sign up to rate and review this story