Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Paranormal Affair

Paranormal Affair

by PansyAngel 1 review

Everyone in town had heard of the haunted mansion at the top of the hill but no one ever entered, Amber didn't really believe in ghosts so when she accepted the dare she didn't expect what was goin...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2015-01-11 - 7040 words - Complete

1Exciting
Ok guys, for a start when I say affair I don't mean relationship affair I mean situation affair, just so that's cleared up. Ok, now, I know what you're probably gonna say, typical haunted house, been done a million times before but I'm not trying to use unique ideas here, just want to create some short stories you might all enjoy. So here's my story guys, well, the first part, is has turned out to be becoming quite long so I'm planning on chopping it into two (hopefully not three) pieces, but I'm gonna be posting these different parts once I've finished writing them, so I hope you all enjoy anyway.

Just a warning though, it starts in first person view but halfway through it switches to third person and you'll see why when you get there. But anyway, I hope you like it.

BTW Sorry it's so long lol.



We stand outside of the building and stare up at its towering dark frame, the rotting brickwork. We can't believe we're about to do this, explore an old building that is rumoured to be haunted. I can't believe we have accepted this dare, it's stupid and doesn't make sense, it doesn't prove anything to anyone, everyone else just wants to know the truth, is it really haunted? Are there really lost spirits lingering inside?

We've all heard the stories, the tales of horror that are whispered around town, and especially around those of us who believe in the darker side of life. There is the story of a young woman who perished here after the loss of her baby daughter, she now wanders the halls in search of her lost child and will attack anyone who gets in her way.

There is the story of the twin boys at the age of seven, they run around the long halls and up and down the stairs in chase of each other, playing together, but cower away in fear of a dark man, a dark man who also walks these halls, he's the one who killed the young boys, strangled them in their sleep.

There's the tale of a maid who was starved, raped and used for favours by her master, he would beat her up and treat her like a true slave, then one day he butchered her to death, now she just walks the halls to seek revenge against the man who took her life in more ways than just one.

Those are only a few cases though, so of course we are petrified of going inside there, but a dare is a dare as the rest of our friends who are standing back at the gates watch in anticipation for us to enter the building, for us to enter into hell itself. We stand there and still stare up before I speak to the seven friends that stand around me.

"So..." I hesitated before I continued. "Are we ready to go in?" They all hesitated before Mikey turned to me and said.

"We're ready." We just stood there and gathered our bearings before I asked.

"Ok, who's going in first?" Gerard turned to me and said.

"You." I look at him in surprise before he continued. "It's your fault we're doing this in the first place." I sighed as I took in his words, he's been holding this against me since, but it is my fault, I'm the one who placed the bet, I'm the one who accepted the dare. I hesitated but gave a small nod before I spoke.

"Ok." I then turned and placed my gaze on the large, dark wooden doors that had grown some moss over the years due to the damp of rain. I gave another sigh as I put my feet in motion and started to walk, my pacing steps slow and discreet.

My friends watched me in anticipation as I walked to the doors and once reaching them I slowly but surely rested my hand on the solid, sturdy door and gave it a push, I soon noticed the heavy weight and placed my other hand on the door to join in on the party. Eventually the rusting hinges of the doors finally stopped their protesting screeches as the door opened just enough to let us slip in, I then noticed I was the only one at the door so shouted to my friends.

"Well are you gonna join me or what?" My friends hesitated but Mikey was the first to start walking and the others soon followed in his footsteps. Once everyone was in I looked back at the gate not too far away to see the others still watching, but I ignored their stares as I shut the door behind us, there wasn't any light in here but that soon changed as Ray turned on his torch. Gerard then turned to me and asked.

"Amber, do you have the torches?" I couldn't see him but replied anyway.

"Of course I do." I then slid my backpack from off my back and Ray walked over to me so I could find the contents, there were a few torches, enough for four more of us, the other three will have to go without and just stick with someone who does have one. I of course also have a lot of extra batteries packed to make sure we won't run out. Once I had my hands on the torches I said.

"Ok, I have four more torches in here and there are seven more of us, personal I think that I should carry one seeing as I'm holding the spare batteries and I'm probably gonna be leading this damn thing, anyone object to that?" None of them objected so I continued. "Good. Now, who thinks they can go without a torch?" Frank shouted from the back.

"I can go without!" I shouted back in reply.

"Good, anyone else?" Ellen then spoke from beside us.

"I can go without, I can stay with someone else." I again nodded before I said.

"Ok, and last but not least." I heard a sigh from beside me before I heard Gerard speak.

"Fine, I'll go without." I gave a smile before I spoke.

"Then it's settled." I pulled out a torch for myself before I turned it on and said.

"Ok guys, come here and collect your torches, but be careful, don't trip on anything." I shone my torch across the room as Ray did the same so the others could see where they were going, soon enough Bob, Mikey and Sarah had reached me and I too passed them their torches which they quickly switched on. Once their torches were also on I zipped my bag back up and stood from my spot kneeling on the floor, it was silent for a second before I heard Frank shout from across the room in a rather excited tone.

"Ok, Elly, Gee, come over here!" I wondered what he was up to so questioned.

"Frank what are you doing?" But he didn't speak as Gerard and Elly hesitantly walked up to him and he pulled the bag from off his back and opened it up, I had already wondered what that bag was for and I was a bit worried so again questioned in a shout.

"Frank, what are you doing?!" But he just looked up and said.

"Ray, come over here, I need some light." But I jumped in to say.

"Ray, stay here, I need to know what's going on." He gave me a nod and he let me turn and walk over to the three, as I reached them I shone my light into Frank's bag and shouted.

"Video cameras, are you fucking joking Frank?!" He looked at me with a smile before he said.

"Of course not, they're perfect, they have night vision and if anything is going on in here we'll catch it on camera." I spoke in anger.

"You're fucking joking." I then turned to the other two before I asked. "Did you two know about this?" They both spoke in urgency knowing I was pissed.

"No." I then turned my attention to the other four as well as I asked them.

"Did any of you know?" They also spoke in urgency.

"No!" I then groaned out of anger, of course I believed them, all of them, only Frank would be stupid enough to do this. Frank had pulled all of the camera's out of the bags and handed two of them to both Gerard and Elly to which they reluctantly accepted. At least they'll be able to see I guess, but I was still pissed about it so I spoke to the three of them personally.

"You three may be ok with this but I'm not and I'm not playing any part in it." I then started walking away but Frank shouted after me.

"Come on Bee, it's not doing any harm." I shouted back to him.

"Fuck you Frank." I then reached the other four and said. "Ok, you guys can play along with Frank's games if you want but I'm not, it's so stupid it's not even funny." I then turned to my friend Ray and said. "Ray come upstairs with me, we'll see if we can find anything." He gave me a nod and we both turned to the stairs, they were a grand staircase that led up high to the first floor, it was very impressive indeed. We started walking up the stairs but we didn't get far before Frank shouted.

"Wait, you can't go without one of us!" I shouted back.

"Get lost Frank!" And me and Ray carried on walking until we reached the first floor. Once me and Ray reached the top of the stairs we turned right and headed down one of the large corridors, while we were walking down it Ray turned to me to ask.

"So, what are we looking for?" I gave a laugh before I said.

"Nothing, I just wanted to get away from Frank." Ray laughed in return before I continued. "Besides, who wants to stay in the entrance hall all night?" He nodded before he spoke.

"Good point." It went silent for a second before Ray turned to me to ask. "So, do you believe the stories?" My mind was slightly elsewhere as I asked.

"What stories?" He turned to me to reply.

"You know, the ghost stories, the tales of horror, the spirits that lay within these walls." I gave a laugh before I spoke.

"I don't know, this is an old building and people are bound to have died here, but ghost stories are just child tales in the end, just something you talk about at sleepovers and around campfires to scare people." After I had finished he questioned me.

"So you don't believe in them?" I gave a shrug before I replied.

"I don't know what to believe, but it's as the saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it." Ray then spoke in warning.

"Be careful what you wish for Abe." I gave a laugh before I said.

"Why? At least if something does happen I'll have proof." But Ray stopped walking as he said.

"Amber, what's that?" He pointed in the direction of which he was looking and I turned to follow it, I didn't see anything so asked.

"What?" But no sooner did I talk I felt someone grab my sides from behind and dragged me back. I let out a scream but soon noticed my friend Ray laughing as he held me from behind, the bloody trickster. I pushed him away as I said.

"You bitch." He laughed before he spoke.

"I couldn't resist." I gave him a smack across the arm to which I earned myself a pleasing 'OUCH' before I threatened.

"That will teach you to not mess with me." He gave a laugh before he replied in a humorous tone.

"Whatever you say Amber." We weren't on our own for much longer though as some of the others ran up the stairs in panic, as soon as they saw us Bob asked.

"What happened?" I noticed Frank with the camera rolling and just rolled my eyes as I replied.

"Ray happened, he thought it would be funny to pull a prank on me." The others looked relieved whereas Frank groaned before he said.

"Thanks for wasting our time guys, you could have at least pretended." I gave another role of the eyes before I spoke to my friend in an annoyed tone.

"This isn't a paranormal investigation Frank, this is a dare, and the sooner it is over the better." He gave a disappointed sigh before he turned and walked down the stairs and the others soon followed behind. I felt a little sad for upsetting my friend so I gave a sigh before I spoke to Ray to say.

"Come on, let's go back down stairs." I started walking towards the stairs with Ray on my heals, as soon as we reached the stairs we copied the others in descending it, once reaching the bottom me and Ray parted ways with a wave and I wandered off to the side of the room as he joined the others in conversation in the centre.

I reached the far side of the room and leant against the not so sturdy wall in impatience, I used my torch to get a look at the silver watch that rested on my wrist and groaned, great, it hasn't even been an hour and I was already sick of this place, come one, surely there must be something we can do to pass the time, I mean, what would normal people do in this situation. I mean, the other guys over there are just stood around talking, where's the fun in that, that's one of the reasons I wanted to go upstairs. Come on guys, we have to stay in here until the sun starts to rise and it's only Eleven O'clock, there must be something we can do.

Then I looked over at Frank, and I finally realised that the main reason he wants to film this is to give him something to do, so I decided to give in, I don't really believe in this ghost stuff, but I might enjoy humouring Frank with the idea, and so it was decided. I pointed my torch in the direction of my friend who was currently using this said camera to get a good look around the room and I started walking towards him, don't get me wrong but I do like Frank's company, he is very energetic and fun to be around, he may just make this night more enjoyable, no, more bearable. I slowly but surely reached my friend and greeted him.

"Hey Frank." He didn't reply with the same energy as he spoke in an upset tone.

"Are you gonna tell me off for using the camera again?" I gave a shake of the head even though he couldn't see it before I answer.

"No, I'm not, I was actually gonna ask you if you wanted to help me explore the left corridor upstairs." He turned the camera to me so he could see me before he asked.
"Really?" I gave a nod before I said.

"Really." I couldn't see his face as I didn't want to blind him but I still heard the smile in his voice.

"Cool, let's go then!" I gave a laugh before I lit our path with my torch so he could put his camera down for a second to not waste the battery. Upon reaching the stairs Mikey spoke to us in question.

"Where are you two going?" I turned to him to answer.

"We're gonna look down the second hallway." Ray then asked.

"Why?" I gave a shrug of the shoulders before I said.

"Why not? Besides, it gives us something to do." I pause for a second before I again spoke. "So, are any of you going to join us?" They all stayed quiet, they are all convinced that there's something in here and don't want to disturb the dead, that's why they're just standing there talking I guess. I waited another long second before I spoke. "Very well." I then turned to Frank and said.

"Come on, let's go find some action." He laughed before we both climbed the stairs and turned left, I waited for Frank to set up his camera before I started to walk, we didn't get very far before Frank asked me.

"So Amber, do you expect us to see anything tonight?" I decided to play along so to not burst Frank's bubble, so I just stuck to the basics.

"Well I hope we do, we don't want this dare to be for nothing." Frank then turned the camera to me to ask.

"So, do you believe in the ghost stories of this place?" I gave a shrug before I said.

"I'll believe it when I see it." He didn't turn the camera away from me so I spoke in a joking tone. "What are you doing Frankie? Getting some close-ups of my beautiful face?" He joked back.

"There's no more beautiful than yours." The joking manner stayed as I spoke.

"Oh, but yours is more beautiful than mine Frankie." He smiled before he said.

"I beg to differ." I gave a smile before I replied.

"Well how about we let the audience choose." And I pulled the camera out of his hands and into mine so the camera was on him, I then spoke with a smile on my features. "Smile at the audience Frankie!" Frank responded by pulling his signature cheesy, ear to ear smile baring all teeth, I laughed before I said. "Definitely prettier than mine." We both laughed and I held a hold of the camera for a little longer as Frankie asked.

"Amber, do you think any of them are here?" I raised an eyebrow before I asked in return.

"Do I think who's here?" He laughed before he said.

"You know, the spirits." I gave a small laugh before he continued. "It is rumoured that a man in a dark hooded cloak roams this hallway." I decided to question him about it in interest for anyone watching.

"And who is this hooded figure Frankie? What did he do that made him continue to walk these halls." He acted serious, as if we were on one of those reality ghost hunting things or something.

"Well, some people say that the hooded figure was a person who resided here, not as an owner, but as a guest, but in these halls he committed ghastly murders of both men, women and children." I again question.

"So he is an evil spirit?" Frank nodded before he said.

"He is." We both gave a small laugh before I then asked him.

"Do you think he'll show himself tonight?" He shrugged his shoulders before he said.

"Maybe." But he cut himself short as he pointed forward and asked.

"Amber, what's that?" I rolled my eyes in sarcasm, I wasn't falling for it for a second time so I spoke to my friend.

"Frank, I'm not gonna fall for that again." But he cut me off as he said.

"I'm being serious Amber." I raised my eyebrow in suspicion, I wasn't convinced. Frank noticed I wasn't turning to look so grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face it, he then said. "Just look." I couldn't really see anything in the dark so I instead raised the camera to get a better look, and Frank was right.

At the end of the hall it looked to be the dark silhouette of a person, my breath was taken from my lungs and I couldn't breathe, I just stared, but eventually I said.

"What the fuck is that?" But no sooner then I spoke the dark figure came flying towards us and we both screamed, but the figure was so quick that we didn't have time to react as it flew right through us and we just stood there in shock, after a few more seconds we turned to look at each other with heavy breaths and then we completely turned around to look after the figure to see if it was still there, it wasn't, it had vanished into thin air, only then did I remember that the camera was still running, only then did I realise that we caught that whole thing on tape. I raised my eyes to Frank to say.

"We caught it." He looked at me in question so I continued to explain. "On camera, I was still recording." His eyes opened wide before he said.

"No way." I nodded before he continued. "Well let's have a look." I then stopped the tape running and I adjusted the cameras position as I rewound it to the important part, we watched it again, and sure enough we'd caught it on camera. Once we had finished watching we ran to the stairs shouting.

"Guys!" They all looked up as we reached the landing and Gerard asked in worry.

"Are you two ok? We heard you both screaming." Mikey then continued to say.

"But we thought it might have been another prank." I spoke up breathless as I said.

"It wasn't a prank guys, this was real." Frank then ran down the stairs and I followed as he shouted.

"Look, we caught it all on tape!" He ran to the others and opened up the camera so they could watch it too, I stayed stood on the stairs, I didn't wanna watch it again, but I heard the lines that now sound all too familiar.

"Amber, what's that?"

"Frank, I'm not gonna fall for that again."

"I'm being serious Amber." ... "Just look."

......

"What the fuck is that?"

SCREAMS.

All their jaws dropped, Gerard then asked.

"Are you serious? You saw that?" I was still in shock so spoke.

"Of course we did, it's right there on fucking tape." Ray then said to me.

"I thought you didn't believe in ghosts?" I shook my head before I replied.

"No, I said I'd believe it when see it..." I paused for a second before I continued. "And now I've seen it." But Gerard shouted in disbelief.

"This isn't real! This can't be real! There is no such thing as spirits! You just saw something and believed it to be paranormal activity!" I shouted back.

"You just saw it right in front of your eyes Gerard! Do you think we could really misplace that!" He shouted back in frustration.

"I don't know Abe but it doesn't make sense!" I spoke back in challenge.

"Ok, well you have a camera, why don't you go up there and have a look yourself!" He spoke in surprise.

"I can't do that." I challenged his answer.

"Why not? You have a camera, a set of legs, that's all you need to get up there and have a look yourself." He shouted out of frustration.

"I can't go up there alone!" So I came up with an idea.

"I know, and you won't have to." He raised an eyebrow in question before I raised my voice so I could address the others too. "Ok guys, we're stuck here for the night so we may as well make use of it, me and Frank definitely saw something upstairs so I want us all to split up and see if we can find anything else." The group didn't speak in shock but Mikey raised his voice in disbelief.

"Are you serious?" I spoke to him in a serious manner.

"What would you prefer Mikey, sit here on our ass's until the sun comes up or make use of our time?" He stay silent so I heard Gerard speak silently beside me.

"She's right guys." We all looked at him in surprise before he continued. "Something did happen to Frank and Amber upstairs and to be honest I'd prefer to be on a wild ghost chase..." He thought for a second before he added a sleigh. "Literally." We all laughed even in the situation before he again continued. "I'd rather be doing that then sitting on my ass for hours waiting for the sun to come up." Everyone stayed quiet so Gerard turned to me to ask. "So, any ideas Amber?" I gave a nod before I took over.

"Well we have two long hallways on the first floor of the building and a few rooms on this floor leading through both the left and the right side. We have three cameras and eight people which gives us only a small leeway." I paused for a second before I started with the command.

"Ok, Gerard, you, Sarah and Ray go upstairs on the left hallway." He nodded his agreement before I turned to Elly and said. "Ell, you and Bob stay on this floor and go right." She nodded and I turned to Frank to ask. "Frank, do you happen to have an extra camera?" He thought for a second before he answered.

"Yes." I then spoke in command.

"Ok, then you and Mikey stay on this floor and go left." Frank looked at me surprised before he asked.

"You wanna go off alone?" I nodded before I said.

"Someone should, so I'll do it." Mikey spoke in surprise.

"But why? Why not take Ray or Sarah with you?" I answered in a certain tone.

"Because we have to mix it up, make it more tempting for them to strike. We have a group of three, two group of two and one person alone, where's the fun in making it even numbers?" They all stayed quiet but Gerard spoke from beside me.

"Fine, you can go off alone, so long as you promise to call one of us if something happens." I gave him a smile before I said.

"Don't worry, I will." He laughed and I turned to Frank and asked.

"So, where's my camera?" He laughed before he said.

"Over here." And he started leading me over to where his bag was, we made it there to see it still laying there peacefully and I reached in to grab the camera and some batteries to go in it, while I was rooting through the bag Frank asked me.

"So, why are you getting the extra camera Amber?" I laughed, he was saying it louder than usual and with emphasis meaning he was running a commentary for his camera so I replied in an equally as emphasised manner.

"I am getting the extra camera Frankie boy so I can go off on my own voyage." He laughed before he asked.

"Are you scared?" I laughed before I spoke.

"Quaking in my boots." I found the camera and put the batteries in before I checked if it was working, thankfully it was so I spoke to my friend. "Ok, let's get back to the others so we can begin." He gave a nod in reply and we walked over to the others and I asked.

"Ok, are we all ready?" They all looked at me hesitantly but all gave small nods so I again spoke. "Ok, well remember, keep your cameras running at all times and stick with your partners, don't get separated under any circumstances. If you need to contact anyone else just use your mobile phones." They all nodded again before I gave a final. "Alright, now move out."

And we all went our separate ways, Frank and Mikey walked left and started for the rooms down that way as Bob and Elly did the same on the right. Gerard, Sarah and Ray walked upstairs and turned left, the way me and Frank went before, I watched them all walk away and gave a heavy sigh, I can't believe I'm about to do this, but as I said, someone has to, so I too walked up the stairs and instead turned right, the corridor me and Ray had walked down before, and I gather my bearings before I started to move.

Elsewhere in the building down the left hallway on the first floor Gerard spoke.

"So, this is where Frank and Amber were before." Sarah then continued to say.

"Where they saw the apparition before." Gerard gave a nod before he said.

"Yep, it is." Ray then asked Gerard as he held the camera rolling.

"Do you think we'll see anything?" Gerard shrugged his shoulders before he spoke as he led them down the hall, the camera pointing ahead.

"I'm not sure, but to be honest I hope to God we don't." Sarah then spoke out of humour.

"I'll double that, this place freaks me out." Gerard gave a laugh before he said.

"Me too Sarah, me too." And they carry on walking for a little while in silence before Ray says.

"Do you think the others will have had anything yet?" Gerard gave a scoff before he replied.

"We've only just started Ray, give it time, we can't expect anything to happen straight off the bat." Ray gave a sigh before he spoke.

"I guess not, let's just hope we don't see anything soon." Gerard gave a sigh too before he said.

"Yea, let's hope." And they carried on walking in silence.

Elsewhere in the in building Bob and Elly were walking around downstairs, with their camera too running, and they stumbled upon a kitchen, Elly spoke to her friend.

"Hey, this is a kitchen." Bob added.

"And a big one too." Elly then raised her voice to say.

"Well, we are in a big house, a lot of people might have stayed in here at one point so they'd need one." Bob gave a shrug before he said.

"I guess you're right." It went silent for a second before Elly asked.

"Do you think the maid will be here?" Bob raised his eyebrow in confusion before he asked.

"What maid?" Elly spoke in a quietened tone to answer.

"You know, the maid who was abused by her master." Bob hadn't really paid much attention to any of the ghost stories but he just put two and two together. Maids tend to work in kitchens, and if she is a spirit she may hang around in here so he shrugged before he said.

"It's a possibility." Elly then asked in a slightly excited tone.

"Should we try and communicate?" Bob shouted his reply.

"No!" She gave a groan before she asked.

"Why not? We might just come up with something." Bob spoke in a serious tone.

"Elly we're not gonna try and communicate with the dead, god knows what you might be letting in." She gave a sigh before she said.

"But the maid shouldn't be a bad spirit, she didn't do anything wrong, she was murdered." Bob again spoke in a serious tone.

"And what if it's not her you're communicating with? What if it's a bad spirit that you're letting in by talking to it?" Elly gave a sigh before Bob continued. "I for one am not going to allow a bad spirit to enter our dimension." Elly then spoke out of defeat.

"Ok, I won't try and talk to her." Bob gave a nod before he said.

"Good." He then continued to say. "Come on, let's carry on looking around." And they both walked out of the room together and carried on down the hallway.

And in another part of the building Frank and Mikey were also exploring rooms before they entered a study with books scattered all over the floor. Frank spoke first.

"Wow, this place is a mess, someone obviously doesn't like books." Mikey laughed before he said.

"Either that or the books just fell out on their own accord." Frank gave a scoff before he said.

"Spoil sport, where's your sense of adventure Mikey?" Mikey gave a shrug before he spoke.

"I guess I mustn't have one, especially in this stupid place." At this point Frank and Mikey had started walking on the piles of books, looking in inspection, reading the titles, after a few minutes of silence Frank raised his voice to say.

"Some of the books are ancient, running down to the 16 hundreds." Mikey replied from across the room.

"Some even earlier then that over here." Almost straight after Mikey had finished his sentence they heard rushing down the hallway and past their door, they both turned to the door in fright before Mikey asked.

"What was that?" Frank didn't answer his question though as he instead shouted.

"Guys?!" There was silence, not a noise heard, at that point Mikey started to panic.

"Frank no one but us is here." Frank replied in a quietened tone.

"I know." Mikey then asked desperately in a panicked tone.

"Then what the fuck was that?!" Frank shouted back.

"I don't know!" But instead of continuing with this conversation he started walking towards the door, Mikey asked desperately.

"Where are you going?" Frank turned to his friend with his camera following.

"Finding out what that was, standing here isn't getting us any answers so are you going to follow me or stay there alone." Mikey gave a sigh before he said.

"Ok fine, but I'm not happy about it." Frank gave a laugh before he said.

"I wasn't asking you to be." And Mikey and Frank walked out of the room with Frank leading the way, but elsewhere in the building Amber was upstairs walking down the corridor alone, she peaked into a room every now and then but too spoke as she did so.

"Well this is freaky, walking down an enclosed hallway alone." She gave a small sigh before she said. "This is stupid." Not too long after she spoke though she heard shuffling inside of one of the rooms so she aimed the camera in that direction and spoke.

"Hello?" She opened the door further only to jump back a mile as several rats ran out of the room and past her feet, she gave a sigh before she said. "Stupid rats, tricking me like that." So she turned her attention back to the hallway and started walking again. She walked for a little while longer before she spoke.

"Well, this is fun, walking down a dark, dank corridor alone with only the company of rats to entertain me, yay for paranormal investigation." She gave a sigh before she said.

"I hope the others have at least gotten something." She had been walking down there for a while now and still nothing had happened so she stopped on the spot and spoke in an exasperated tone.

"Fuck this." And she turned around and started walking before she continued. "This is boring as hell and nothing is happening, at least if someone else was here there would be someone to entertain me." But as she reached closer to the stairs the sound of distant childhood laughter could be heard, she froze on the spot before she said.

"What the fuck?" But elsewhere in the building Gerard, Sarah and Ray where continuing their adventure down their hallway, they were so far into the building they didn't even know where they were anymore, but Ray raised his voice to speak.

"Nothing still hasn't happened Gerard." Gerard gave a groan before he said.

"I know." Sarah spoke to ask.

"Should we turn back?" Gerard raised his voice quickly to say.

"Not yet, we have to find something eventually." Ray gave a groan and spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Come on Gee, you're just clutching at straws here, you don't have to prove anything to anyone, so let's just turn back." Gerard turned and spoke to him in return.

"I'm not turning back!" It went silent for a second before he continued. "Not yet anyway." Sarah spoke to him out of worry.

"Gee, I think we're too far in here, please, let's turn back." Gerard gave a sigh and was about to reply until they heard a sound from one of the rooms, they all stared after it in shock and Gerard soon turned to his friends to ask.

"Well, are you coming with me or not?" They both hesitated for a little while before they started walking to their friend and he then led the way to the room in which the noise had come from. They reached the room and Gerard gingerly pushed the loose, dark wooden door open and peered in, using the night vision of the camera to see, he then turned to his friends who were stood behind him and said.

"Come on, let's get a look." They both hesitated before they gave nods in confirmation and Gerard turned and led them both into the room. Upon entering the room they noticed it was a bedroom with an old and dusty bed sitting in the corner, they looked around but soon heard a rocking noise, like something was rocking back and forth on the wooden floor, they all quickly turned and faced the direction in which the noise was coming from and saw a rocking chair rocking back and forth. Gerard spoke out of shock.

"What the fuck?" They all stood there in fear and Sarah quickly asked.

"Can we get out of here please?" Gerard nodded his head before he said.

"Definitely." And they all practically ran for the door and entered into the hallway, they were happy to be out of the room but the door quickly slammed shut behind them once they were out, they all turned to face the door and Ray asked.

"What was that?" Sarah tried to come up with an explanation.

"Maybe it was a draft." Gerard was quick to agree.

"Yea, it probably was." They soon also felt a whoosh of air hit them softly like a breeze, Sarah gave a relieved sigh before she said.

"See, there's a draft." But Gerard spoke out of fear.

"Yea, there is, but there's one problem... it's going in the wrong direction." They got a slightly stronger draft before they all heard a small sound of rumbling followed by a sudden, harsh and high pitched scream of a woman. They all screamed and ran in the opposite direction, they ran for a while and had turned a corner or two before they slowed down and stared back down the hallway. Sarah quickly spoke in panic.

"Please guys, can we leave here? I've had enough!" Ray quickly shushed her before Gerard spoke.

"Yea, sounds good to me." He then turned back to his friends before he said.

"Let's get back to the main room and find the others." Both Sarah and Ray gave nods again so Gerard again started leading them but this time in the direction of the main room.

Elsewhere though, Amber walked further onto the top of the staircase where she had heard the child laughter, she wasn't sure whether or not she could have misheard it from the other guys so shouted.

"Guys!" But all she heard back was the echo of her own voice so she gave a sigh before she again spoke in commentary for the camera. "Ok, I'm alone, no one else is here to have made any noise." It was completely silent here and it freaked her out for sure, but she decided to take this moment to her advantage, she hadn't had any luck down that hallway and wanted to find something, so she decided to try and talk to whoever was wandering on this grand staircase and she had an idea of who it could be, you never know, she might just get something. She first spoke from her spot standing up.

"Hello, is anyone there?!" She stayed quiet for a second and got nothing back but she wasn't giving up.

"Is this the twin boys? Are you both here?" She then quickly added. "Knock twice for yes!" She stayed quiet, and surely enough she heard two knocks. She took in a surprised breath before she said to herself.

"Oh my god." She quickly got over the shock though as she decided to sit on the staircase before she continued.

"How old are you both? Five?" She waited but didn't get a reply so asked. "Six? Again no reply so she asked. "Seven?" And surprisingly she quickly got two knocks. She gave a small noise in disbelief, she couldn't believe she was talking to dead children but she continued to ask.

"Did you live here when you were alive?" She got two knocks. "Did your family live here?" Two more knocks. She hesitated before she then asked. "Where you killed here, strangled in your sleep?" She again got two knocks. She sighed before she said then asked.

"Is the man who killed you here? The man in dark clothes?" She again got two knocks. She gave another sigh before she asked. "Is he in this room?" She got two more knocks, at that point her stomach started to churn, she knew she shouldn't have asked but she wasn't turning back now.

"Is he stood near me?" She again got two knocks. She stood up quickly in panic and was preparing to make a run if she had to, she then asked the boys. "Where?" She waited for a minute or so before she heard two silent knocks coming from behind her and froze in panic, she decided to explain the camera in case it didn't pick that up.

"Just in case you can't tell that, those knocks came from behind me." She wanted to make sure it wasn't something else so slowly started to turn around only to feel herself pushed and she let out a scream before she fell head first down the stairs, she felt herself hit every single step at all angles and once she had finally rolled to a halt at the bottom of the long staircase everything turned to black.

Ok guys, I hope you liked this first part, I've already gotten a bit into the second part so give me another week or two and it should be done. I love you all, bye bye.
S xx
Sign up to rate and review this story