Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Legend of the Chronogan Jinchuuriki

LCJ Chapter 1: Who

by BeowulfTheNovelborn 1 review

I'll keep it simple, I wake up with no memories, and a strange platinum headband. I need to discover who I am, where I belong and I must balance two incredible powers locked inside of me.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2015-02-23 - Updated: 2015-02-25 - 2323 words

1Original
Chapter 1: Who?

My eyes opened and I snapped upright. Where am I? I thought.

While the geographical answer remained a mystery, the setting was a grassy field in the middle of a forest. Judging by the color of the sky, I could tell that the sun was rising off to my left. That meant that north was behind me.

I looked down at myself. I had light color skin (really wish that I could have developed a better tan) and I wore a pair of black long pants, running shoes, and a white Tee. Not bad, but I guess it could be better. As I rested on my right hand, I touched something cold and metallic. I looked to see a headband, that of a shinobi. I found it strange that I knew such things like the term shinobi. As far as I know, I've never heard of it before. Right?

This head band was black, already tied tight enough to slip on with ease. On the metal band was a simple insignia of a full moon overlapping the sun, a solar eclipse. I didn't know what it meant. I mean I knew that head bands signify a shinobi's allegiance, but I was unfamiliar with any of the villages.

It didn't make any sense to me why I knew all of this. But after all that, the bigger question came to mind: who was I? I knew nothing about myself other than the headband. That's all that I was for the moment. But that headband. I could only assume that it belonged to me. Maybe I was a shinobi myself. I had to learn more.

That was all that mattered.

I put on a robe that I found on the ground beside me. It was navy blue with a silver hood, and I must say that it looked very nice indeed. There was a road nearby and I traveled due south, away from the mountains. It's likely that there would be a town somewhere near the bottom of the valley. Sure enough, there was a small town with a lot of people buzzing about. Maybe they could help.

As I entered, it was clear that this place was too small to be a shinobi village. The people talked politics (lame), some group called the Akatsuki (yawn), a solar eclipse (not important at the moment). But after walking for some time, I came across a blacksmith shop. The sign outside showed a wide display of weapons and my items of interest: headbands. So I knocked on the workshop door.

"Come in", a voice said and I entered. A burly man was in the middle of cooling off a large two handed sword when I came in. He looked up to see me.

"Hey, don't think I've seen you around here. You new here?"

"I'm just passing through", I spoke for the first time. Perfectly pitched voice, I like.

"Listen, you make headbands right? I was wondering what you can tell me about this one." I pulled out my headband and he carefully looked it over. He scrubbed the surface of the metal with his cleaned hands and raised his eyebrows.

"This is no ordinary headband. Ordinary shinobi headbands are made of iron, but this….oh, this one is solid platinum! This thing is worth a fortune!"

"Thanks, but I'm not interested in selling. What else can you tell me about it? What village is it from?" The blacksmith walked over to a desk which unfolded to reveal at least a dozen band molds with symbols from each village.

"I get orders for headbands from every village from the Hidden Leaf to the Hidden Sound, and not once have I ever seen that design. Sorry I couldn't be of any service to you kid."

"No, no. That's some very important information and I thank you for that. But for now I have to go."

I turned to leave, but the man stopped me. "The roads have had an increased number of bandits as of late and you look a little light on weapons. You'll need this." He tossed me a kunai with a leather sheath. This kunai was silver in color as opposed to the usual black. "That kunai is made of titanium. Don't lose it because you're only getting one for free."

I clutched the knife in surprise, "Free of charge? Really?"

The man brushed it off, "It's nothing really. I've had a surplus of those for the past month. And one last thing. The headband you found belongs to a guy named Miki. It was inscribed on the back of the band. Good luck out there kid."

And with that, I left. Miki. So that was my name, assuming that this band really was mine. Regardless, of whether it was, I decided to keep the name until anything new came up. Even if it is only a name, it was the official start of my life, however new it may be. It was time to live it all to the fullest.

(Hidden Leaf Village)

Tsunade barely got any sleep last night.

For as long as she lived, she had witnessed two solar eclipses. Both times brought misfortune. She hoped that she would never have to see a third. Fate had a terrible sense of humor. She witnessed her third just had the Ambu stationed outside of the city just in case. But nothing came…yet.

Out of frustration, she reached for a bottle of sake from under her desk. Shizune closed the drawer on her and locked it.

"Lady Tsunade, you shouldn't be drinking until your paperwork is complete."

"You can forget the paperwork. I need something to calm my nerves."

"Is it the solar eclipse?"Shizune asked and Tsunade nodded in reply.

"I can't help but feel that something terrible is about to happen, I can feel it. And with the Naruto situation and recent Akatsuki movement, it only adds to anticipation. Any reports from Ambu?"

"No activity as of late. I understand that you feel nervous, but right now we are officially in the clear for a little while."

"Aw, come on!" a very familiar voice complained as a bird in the window changed into Naruto Uzumaki in a puff of smoke.

"Naruto! I told you to stop listening in on our conversations!"

"Give me a break, Grandma. Part of me wants to be out there giving the Akatsuki a beat down for what they did!" Naruto beat his knuckles into an open palm.

"Naruto, we can't allow you to fight them unless there is no other choice. We have that choice. So for now, you stay in the village."

(Outside of the Hidden Leaf)

It has been roughly a day since I woke up in the forest, and thus far I've discovered my chakra natures: lightning and wind. A storm combination, as I liked to call it. Turning my chakra into one of the two was becoming easy. And my chakra control was astronomical. If I did have a life before this, perhaps my training never left. Maybe it stayed somewhere in the recesses of my mind.

As I walked on, I began to think about where I should settle down. What village would I make my home in? It wasn't long before I ran into more people. This time, there were 5 shinobi, jonin level by the looks of them, who were teaching a group of young ninja in proper jutsus. I made sure to stay out of sight as I watched and learned.

I noticed that each of the five possessed a different chakra nature; one fire, one lightning, one water, one earth, and one wind. I began watching a guy with spikey white hair, and a mask over his mouth and nose. His head band was pulled down over his left eye.

"Alright kids. This is a relatively easy exercise. I want all of you to focus your chakra into your hands, keep it there, and think of your chakra as a bolt of lightning." The students far below clenched their fists and tensed up as they tried to do it and eventually they all did it, some significantly faster than the others. It seemed easy enough so I followed suit. Electricity flowed down my arms like tesla coils.

"Very good. Now I want each of you to find a place to fire off that chakra into a lightning strike. You all know what to do, and make sure that no one gets caught in the crossfire. Understood?"

"Yes, Kakashi sensei!" they all saluted and leapt off into the trees to find suitable testing grounds.

Kakashi sighed. "I hope those guys won't cause any trouble", he said, pulling out a copy of Jiraiya's "Make-out Tactics" book 2. By this point he had read over it several times, but he simply couldn't help himself.

"Well, it's nice to be back in the business with my old rival!" a man with a black bowl cut and bushy eyebrows gave Kakashi a thumbs up.

"It makes me get the sense that we're both getting old too fast, Guy", Kakashi said quietly as he read.

"Kakashi my partner! How could you say such a thing?! It is in this line of work that our youth regains its golden glory!" he points dramatically at the horizon with a gleam in his eyes.

Kakashi smiled behind his mask, "It's nice to know that you still haven't changed from childhood days. It'd be rather dull around here without you around."

"Hey you!" a voice behind me said. A young ninja with brown hair and a long blue scarf was standing upside down from the tree above me, "You're not supposed to be here! You're band isn't that of the Leaf!"

I lowered my band and tied it around my neck, the unfolded hood covering up the moon insignia, "Sorry kid, but I've got nowhere else to go, so I'm afraid that I'm sticking around for a little while", I turned to walk away.

"Hey! Don't you turn your back on me, intruder! I'm Konohamaru! Future seventh Hokage of the Leaf! Rasengan!" I barely had time to dodge a flying Konohamaru with a spiraling ball of energy in his hand.

"Whoa!" I yelped. This kid isn't messing, around! He's actually trying to kill me!

"Dang it, kid! I don't have time to deal with a pest like you! Lightning Style: Thunder Mine Jutsu!" A bolt of lightning came down from the clear sky and struck me. But instead of hurting me, the bolt sent a lightning filled shockwave that hit everything within a fifteen foot radius of me. Konahomeru was sent flying back into the bushes.

Strange, I overshot that attack and I didn't even feel the strain. It was as though I hadn't lost any chakra myself. I must have a higher supply than I thought.

But I thought back on what that Konohamaru kid said. The Hidden Leaf Village. I took out a map that I picked up in another town. I still had no idea where I was before but then I spotted the Leaf on the map. It was the capitol of the Land of Fire and was a peaceful village. That kid could have fooled me.

"I'll probably be taking a more permanent vacation here." I took to the trees and bounded off around the ninjas.

(With Kakashi)

CRACK-KABOOM!

Kakashi jerked up at the sound of a lightning bolt striking the ground nearby.

"Sounds like one of our students is a Thunderhead!" Guy looked up surprised.

"That was one heck of a chakra release", Kakashi said concerned, "I'll get over there and make sure that he or she doesn't overdo it." He bookmarked his page and walked past the thick grove of bushes.

His eye widened, "Good Kami!" he quietly gasped as he saw the utter destruction of the lightning jutsu. Two nearby trees were scorched on one side and the ground had been turned into a thirty foot wide crater. Kakashi lifted his headband to reveal his sharingan. The affected area was practically littered with a demonic chakra that appeared red in Kakashi's eyes. This power, it's reminiscent to that of the Nine Tails. A jinchuuriki perhaps. Can't be Naruto, neither he nor the Nine Tails has lightning based chakra.

The bushes rustled as a bewildered Konahomeru stepped out, his face covered in ashes and soot.

"Konohamaru! What happened here?" Kakashi asked sternly.

Konahomeru looked to him and then began to panic, "Forgive me Kakashi sensei!" he pleaded, "I lost him!"

"I don't care about that right now. Who exactly did you lose?"

"There was this guy, about Naruto's age who was watching the lessons and following the instructions you were giving. He had silver hair and sky blue eyes, and he wore a blue and silver robe. Pretty sweet design if you ask me. And he wore black long pants with some odd pair of sandals. He was a shinobi with an odd looking head band tied around his neck with a full moon insignia. He's not from the Leaf!"

"Anything else?"

"Yeah. I challenged him and he used this weird lightning style jutsu! I think it was called the Thunder Mine Jutsu." Kakashi had never heard of said jutsu before.

"Had I not known any better I would have suspected that this was one of Naruto's jutsus. This is typically how his new 'techniques' turn out at first. Konahomeru, I want you to return to the village at once and inform the Hokage. Do not distort the message. You are dismissed from class for today."

"Rodger that, Kakashi sensei!" the young genin saluted as he darted in the direction of the Leaf.
(End of Chapter 1)

HEYO! Beowulf here with my first post on FicWad!
I honestly don't have much to say right now other than I had a nightmare with this site's publishing mechanics; very different from FanFiction.net's
Sign up to rate and review this story