Categories > TV > Waking the Dead > Leo's Walking Dead

Leo's Walking Dead

by TwistedLemon 0 reviews

After starting her internship at a hospital in Atlanta, Leo finds herself in the middle of a war between the walkers outside, and the panicked people inside.

Category: Waking the Dead - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-03-16 - 563 words

0Unrated
It had been a long road for Leo. First she spends her entire savings on starting school, then worked her way to the top of the class, all to ensure that this internship will last. Being a doctor was all that mattered to her. Its what Dad wanted, its what Mom wanted.

Patients were pouring in faster today than usual and rumors of rabid animals were everywhere. What was going on? She felt a tug on her sleeve, she turned and saw Charlie, her best friend. "Leo, we need you in IC, some crazed patient is trying to BITE Doctor Richard." Leo nodded and followed Charlie to the crowded elevator.

"Its so weird how popular the hospital is today, yesterday too. Its not Black Friday or st. patricks day--"
"Charlie please don't call a hospital popular.."
"Oh right, sorry." Leo had dealt with hospitals long before her academic interest. Her Dad was a doctor and her Mom was a nurse, but the trauma she had was much deeper than that.

When they reached IC there were people crowding the hall and screams came from everywhere. They were pushed to the windows and Leo could see cars pouring in and people begging to be treated. At the door she saw a woman with a bandage over her face, blood flowing down, and a man next to her begging for help from anyone. Charlie pulled on her arm, "The room is this way, we have to hurry, were the only ones left available to help!"

The entered the room and saw nurses with blood covering their scrubs and a doctor in the corner with a gash on his neck. A nurse was holding a towel on his neck but was crying profusely. Charlie was not sensitive to this sort of stuff and she rushed over to the doctor, "oh fuck--" she yelled.

Leo stood there a minute, staring at the man on the table, his eyes were pale green and his skin was greyish. He looked like he was long dead before someone brought him in. The nurses were desperatly holding him down but unnatural strength was making it extremely difficult. Leo finally snapped out of it and joined in. "Did you give the patient a sedative??"
"Of course, but whatever he's got, its keeping his limbs from tiring!!" Another scream can be heard and Leo checks the door, "Hold him down as long as you can."

She saw a room down the all being cleared out and then...a woman leaped out from the room and snatched a mans arm, then tore it open to the bone..with her teeth. Leo didn't think twice, she slammed the door shut and locked it. Seconds later someone slammed themselves against the door and began gnashing their teeth at Leo. She jumped and moved away from the door. Was this really happening??
"He..He's dead..." Charlie was wiping her brow and looked at her watch. "ETD... 2:03pm."
Leo saw that the nurses had strapped the man down. "Charlie, we have bigger problems."
A small blonde nurse piped up, "W-why did you close the door?"
"Because whatever this is, its making people attack other people and its happening outside, look." She pointed to the man peering into the room and clawing.

Charlie and the other nurses got up and stared.

Meanwhile, the doctors eyes were coming back oopen.

Sign up to rate and review this story