Categories > TV > Transformers > Prime Effect 3

Chapter III

by Apollo-XL5 0 reviews

The Defiant arrives at the Citadel as Jack meets with the Council to discuss the Reaper threat, meanwhile Arcee is under the care of the Autobot medic Ratchet.

Category: Transformers - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2015-03-30 - 6705 words - Complete

0Unrated
The door to the medical bay opened and Jack walked through carrying the unconscious Arcee in his arms. A Caucasian man in his fifties with grey hair turned around and a look of shock appeared on his face as he looked at them.

"Jack, what happened to Arcee?"

Jack placed her gently on the berth as the man walked over and scanned her with his holo-tool.

"She was attacked by another Cybertronian down on Mars, Ratchet." the Prime replied, not taking his eyes off of the still form of the femme, as the Autobot medic finished his scan and deactivated the holo-tool. He then looked up and saw the look on Jack's face. He was just staring at Arcee who lied on the berth completely still, her face looked completely peaceful. Betraying the seriousness of the situation.

"Jack, Arcee will be fine. I will start work on her this very moment." Ratchet said as the intercom activated, gaining the Commander's attention.

"Prime, Teletraan here. I am receiving a signal from Admiral Bryce, I will forward it to the com room." the AI said.

"Roger that, and tell Hotrod to set course for the Citadel." Jack replied.

"Will do." Teletraan finished off. Jack looked back down at Arcee and placed his hand on hers.

"You are going to be fine Arcee." he said in an encouraging tone. He then looked up at Ratchet who nodded back, then the Prime turned and left the room.

Jack entered the com room and stopped by a console that was in front of a large circular platform that was built into the floor, not unlike how Silas used to communicate with the Prime back when the Defiant was a MECH ship. The hologram of Bryce was already active.

"Commander, glad to see you got out of Sol in one piece. Did you get to the data core?"

The Prime nodded.

"I got there, but so did Silas."

The Admiral raised his hand to chin and stroked his beard.

"I thought that MECH might try something, did you retrieve the information that Soundwave was looking into?" Bryce asked.

"We downloaded most of the data, but MECH managed to get their hands on some of it. I have Soundwave and Teletraan analysing it as we speak." Jack replied as Soundwave entered the room and joined the Prime. Bryce looked at the spymaster.

"Soundwave, please tell me that it was worth the effort?"

The bot nodded before activating his holo-tool.

"Yes, I believe so. The data contains blueprints for a Lithone device."

As the spymaster spoke, he showed the two Humans a holographic model of the device.

"It appears to be a weapon, massive in size and scope. That is capable of unquantifiable levels of destructive power."

Bryce smiled at the image.

"Send me the data, we will perform our own analysis. If Soundwave is right, then this could be the key to the Reapers defeat." the Admiral said.

"I hope so, we have set course for the Citadel and will meet with the Council." Jack replied trying to sound enthusiastic. Bryce placed his hands behind his back and looked at the Prime.

"Commander show the council what you have found, that should convince them to help us."

Jack gave Bryce a sceptical look.

"And if they don't?"

"Then do whatever it takes to bring them onboard" Bryce replied firmly. Jack then saluted the Admiral before he ended the transmission. Jack then turned to Soundwave.

"Did you find anything useful inside of that femme's head?"

The bot shook his head in response.

"Sorry Jack, there was nothing in her mind when I linked with it. It wasn't Flamewar anymore, her mind was more like a blank slate. It would appear that she was reprogrammed."

Jack looked at him as he took in what the spymaster had said.

"Wait, that would mean that MECH has managed to obtain some of the tech that Sideways used back on Tuchunka." he replied worriedly.

"It would seem that way though I detected no traces of the Reaper code in her memory matrix."

Jack looked away for a moment, mulling over the thought that Silas now had the ability to indoctrinate Cybertronians. He wasn't kidding with his speech about control, and that made the Prime all the more determined to stop him and MECH.

"Okay Soundwave, I will want you with me when I speak to the council." he said to the bot who nodded in return.

"Of course Jack, I will be ready and waiting." he replied before leaving the com room. The Prime then received a call on his com link.

"Prime, you should go down to main engineering, there is someone down there who wants to see you." Hotrod said.

"Roger that Hotrod." Jack said as he left the com room and headed for the lift.

As he entered Engineering Jack saw a familiar face working at the main console in front of the ship's power core. Well you say face, but he could not see it behind the visor of her helmet. She looked to be calibrating the core's integrity field as the large spherical device hummed and vibrated with energy as it powered the Defiant.

"Tali." the Commander called out, gaining the Quarian's attention as she turned around and looked at him.

"Jack." she replied before walking over to him and embracing him in a warm hug, he returned the embrace before they pulled away. She looked at him with her white eyes.

"Jack, I am happy to see you made it off Earth." she said before looking down at the ground.

"I am so sorry about your home world. That is a fate I would not wish on anyone."

Jack gave her a soft smile.

"Thank you, how are you anyway? The last time I saw you…"

"Was before you left for the Sparta system, I was taking Ravage for a walk." she replied. Jack looked at the core as she spoke.

"I met Legion on the crew deck." she continued.

That last comment made the Prime look back to her a little concerned.

"Oh, can I ask how that went. I mean I understand that you don't exactly…" he said gently but Tali then cut him off.

"It's okay Jack. We talked and I thanked it for saving my life back on the Quintesson planet."

Jack looked at her, trying to hide his surprise. But only barely.

"Really….why?" he asked curiously. The Quarian leaned back against the railing that surrounded the core and relaxed.

"Well for one, it deserved to thanked. And two it should me something, something that has made me question everything I was brought up to believe."

Jack just watched her as she spoke, his curiosity peaked.

"I was brought up to believe that the Geth were monsters that drove us from our home world, but Legion showed me the memory files of the Geth, of what really happened after they were created. Did you know that the Geth's only crime was to ask about it's existence, my people became afraid of that and retaliated against our creations. But that wasn't the end of it."

Jack placed a hand on her shoulder in support when he noticed that she was quietly sobbing.

"Something close to a civil war nearly broke out on my world when people started to defend the Geth and were killed by the military for that choice. My own people were the creators of their fate that day and it was their fault that we were finally exiled from our world."

Tali took a breath as she fought back the tears as she looked back at her Commander.

"Makes me feel that Quarians and Cybertronians have more in common than we once thought."

"What makes you say that?" the Prime asked.

"Well because of our prejudices and beliefs of what we thought to be right, we both ended up losing our home worlds." she said. Jack though shook his head in disagreement.

"No, the Cybertronians ended up ruining their home world to the point of now return, but the same can not be said of Rannoch. According to Legion, the Geth have kept the planet in perfect condition for the last three hundred years."

Tali looked over to Jack surprise.

"Really, it didn't tell me that, and we have talked a lot in the last several months."

Jack smiled at her.

"Sounds like you are warming up to Legion." he replied warmly, she simply shrugged in response. Jack then looked around before returning his attention to the Quarian.

"Where is Legion anyway, he said he had joined us to stop the Reapers. But I have not seen him since I got back on board."

"Legion received a transmission from the Geth consensus three weeks ago. He left straight away after that." Tali replied. Jack gave her a concerned look in reply.

"Why?" he asked, before noticing the Quarian tense up.

"It told me that there has been a number of skirmishes between the Flotilla and Geth forces near the home system, the Geth believe that my people maybe readying an offensive." she replied, sadness and remorse tinged her voice.

"I'm sorry Tali, I would understand if you need to head back there." Jack replied, but she shook her head in response.

"I can't Jack, I am exiled remember. They wouldn't listen to me anyway, especially since their hate of the Geth has spanned three hundred years." she said as she hung her head. But Jack placed a finger under the chin of her helmet and brought her eyes to meets his.

"Tali, if you can learn to see past all of that, then why not them?" he asked as the Quarian just looked at him, blinking a few times.

"The Defiant's mission right now is to build Alliances with the other major powers in this galaxy as we attempt to build a strong counter attack against the Reapers at Earth. Now that will include us heading to the Flotilla, and I promise you that when we go there that you, Legion (if he is alright) and I will show them the truth and hopefully convince them to end this conflict with the Geth." he told her in a stoic manner, she nodded in return.

"Thank you Jack."

Jack looked at the time on his holo-tool.

"Well I should be on in CIC, we will be reaching the Citadel soon." he said before turning to walk out, but Tali stopped him.

"Jack wait, there is one more thing." she said as he stopped and turned to her.

"I thought you would like to know that this ship has become my home (much like the Normandy was) and you, Arcee, Garrus and the others are the only family that I have left. So while you were incarcerated, Admiral Bryce made me the Chief Engineer of the Defiant."

Jack smiled as he looked at the Quarian.

"But there is a Quarian tradition that I would like to ask you to perform, if you will indulge me." she asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"What is it Tali." he asked as what she had just told him warmed his heart.

"Well before I was exiled my name had 'nar Raya' at the end, which was the ship I was born on." she said, which gained a slightly shocked look from Jack.

"I'm sorry Tali, I thought that was your surname." he replied sheepishly, but she chuckled in response.

"That's alright Jack. The fact is now that I am in exile, I have lost that title. But as a crew member of the Defiant, if you will let me. I would have the title of 'vas Defiant' to add to the end of my name."

Jack gave her a warm look as he smiled.

"Tali I have always considered you not only a close friend and team member, but also a member of my crew. But if you need to hear it, then I would be honoured as captain of this vessel to have as a member of it's crew, Tali'zorah vas Defiant."

As he said this, he saw a beautiful smile grace her lips behind her visor.

"Thank you, my Captain." she replied, attempting to hide the feeling of joy that was in her voice and some what failing.

"That's alright Tali, now how about we get back to work." he said in a teasing tone.

"Of course Captain." she replied, gaining a knowing look from the Prime.

"No need to be formal now." he said as she held up her hands and chuckled.

"Okay Jack." she said, before Jack nodded and turned round walked out of Engineering.

PRIME EFFECT 3

The Defiant flew out of the open vortex of the space bridge and flew up to the gigantic station of the Citadel, flying between the five long arms of the station that held the city like wards. The ship then docked with the presidium ring as it joined numerous other ships that were connected to the Citadel.

As Jack and Soundwave exited the airlock and entered the Citadel's arrivals area, the Prime looked out of the large window that showed the Defiant outside and activated his com link.

"Ratchet, how is Arcee?" he asked, not attempting to hide his concern. The Autobot Medic's grumpy voice came through.

"She is going to be fine Jack, I have repaired the damage and she is resting now. I will let you know when she wakes. Ratchet out." he said before cutting the transmission. Jack looked at the spymaster and raised an eyebrow as the bot smirked back, they then walked towards the elevator.

Back in the Defiant's medical bay, Ratchet was just tidying up his instruments as Arcee rested on the berth. He was about to walk over to his station when he heard the femme say something under her breath, it would be barely audible if not for the enhanced audio receptors that Cybertronians have. He walked back over and bent down slightly to hear what she was saying while asleep.

"….Jack…" she said faintly, causing the Medic to groan as he stood back up and rolled his eyes in response. He then walked over to his station and carried on working.

'Young people!' he thought to himself.

In the Citadel Chamber, the councillors were in session as the purple light of the nebula shone through the large glass window behind them.

"We have not received any news from Earth in the last day. But what was last sent to us said that a massive force had entered Earth space." Perceptor said as the two councillors looked back at him. He felt he knew how this was going to play out, but had to keep at it in hope that something might come of it.

"Perceptor, surely you realise that we can not just react because of some rumours and whispers that may or may not be true." Valern replied sceptically.

"But even if Earth is the Human home world, it is also the home of the Cybertronian race and so is a Council world and that deserves the attention of the Citadel fleet." the Autobot argued back.

"But we can't just send our fleet to Earth based on assumptions. We have brought the matter up with the leaders of our respective races who are aboard the Citadel right now for the annual summit, the Krogan are also being represented for the first time in over a thousand years." Tevos replied.

"But we need to act now, billions of lives are at stake." Perceptor said back.

"Perceptor is right." came a voice from the room's entrance, making the councillors look to the person who spoke out. They looked surprised as Jack and Soundwave entered the room and walked up to the box.

"Earth is under attack….from the Reapers." Jack said, earning a further look of shock from the councillors, apart from Perceptor who just looked relieved that the Prime was now here.

A long moment of silence followed Jack's last comment and he looked over to Soundwave who gave him an encouraging smile.

"This is just the beginning, our home world is facing the full force of the Reapers assault and we need your help, everything you can spare."

Valern looked over to Tevos who mulled over the Prime's words and she looked like she was about to answer when she suddenly placed a hand up to her com link, after a moment she looked back to Human Commander.

"Jackson Prime, it is not that simple. I have just had confirmation from our individual leaders that none of our territories have been attacked and that it looks like the Reapers are concentrating on Alliance space alone at this moment in time. If we were to offer any of our ships in aid to the Alliance, then that would leave our defences weakened substantially should the Reapers attack our own worlds. That is something that we can not take a chance on." she replied honestly.

"We need to fight this threat together." Perceptor interjected as he felt the other councillors were trying to close down the subject, but Valern jumped in and looked at Jack.

"So you want us to drop everything and follow you to Earth?

"No, I am not asking you in joining me in a straight up counterattack against the Reapers, we do have a plan." he said in a stoic tone, before nodding to Soundwave who then activated his holo-tool.

"Dear councillors, we have found blueprints for a weapon. A weapon that was created by the Lithone during their war with the Reapers." he said as a hologram of the device appeared next to him.

"A weapon capable of destroying the 'Reapers'?" Valern asked curiously. The spymaster nodded in response.

"Yes I believe so."

Valern looked at the data on the hologram of the Lithone device.

"This would be a colossal undertaking, given the scale and scope of the device." he answered hesitantly.

"No, we have already sent copies of the blueprints to the remnants of the Alliance fleet and they are gathering resources to begin construction, Admiral Bryce is overseeing it as we speak." Jack replied.

"By my calculations and the simplicity of the plans, I would say that is will be very easy to build. The Lithone seemed to want the device to be feasible to build, so that it would not take a long amount of time." the spymaster continued.

"If we work together." Jack finished as the pair looked back to the councillors, waiting for their response. They didn't need to wait long as Tevos gave them a sceptical look.

"Yet the Reapers eliminated the Lithone. What good could this weapon do for us, if it didn't work for them?"

Soundwave used his holo-tool and searched through the hologram of the device.

"The Device was incomplete at the time, there was a missing component. Here, something called the Kranix matrix. But the Lithone ran out of time before they could upload it and finish the weapon."

Valern looked at Jack.

"Do you believe that this weapon could help us defeat the Reapers?"

Jack remained stoic as he stepped forward.

"Soundwave believes it will work and so do I."

He then took a breath.

"And though I know we have had our disagreements in the past, the current threat to the galaxy requires us to work together. Now more then ever."

The councillors just watched and took in what the Prime was saying.

"The Reapers may be concentrating on Alliance space right now, but they will not limit themselves to it. They will destroy every organic being in the galaxy if we don't find a way to stop them."

Tevos looked at Valern who shook his head before looking back at Jack, completely ignoring Perceptor in the process.

"The cruel and unfortunate truth is that while the Reapers concentrate on Earth, we can strengthen our own borders and prepare. I am sorry but that is all we have to say on the matter."

Tevos and Valern then walked out of the room leaving the Cybertronian councillor, Jack and Soundwave alone in the chamber.

"Meet me in the Gardens Prime." Perceptor said before leaving the podium.

Once outside of the chamber and in the calming surroundings of the Citadel gardens, Jack and Soundwave stood with Perceptor who looked aggravated to say the least.

"What a waste of time that was." he said harshly, surprising Jack who had never seen the Autobot lose his temper before. Soundwave just looked on as the Prime spoke in return.

"How can the council be so blind to the danger, the Reapers are here for all of us."

Perceptor crossed his arms and vented some more.

"They are scared and are looking out for them selves." he replied before looking out at the fountains. It was quiet for a long moment before Soundwave decided to speak.

"If we can not convince the Council, then why don't we speak directly to the leaders. They are here right now at that summit."

Both Jack and Perceptor looked at the spymaster.

"Now that's a good idea, why bother with the council. Lets bypass them and speak directly with their leaders." the Prime said gaining a nod from the spymaster.

"Yes, they are currently here for the annual summit and will discuss everything from galactic politics to the economy. There is Primarch Victus who is the leader of the Turian Hierarchy. Then there is Dalatrass Linron and she leads the Salarian Union. The Asari do not have a single elected official, so Councillor Tevos will be there to represent them. Your friend Urdnot Wrex will be there for the Krogan and Optimus Prime would have been there to represent us but…" Perceptor said as he looked down and thought of his friend who was fighting for his life back on Earth.

"Perceptor, Optimus is there doing what needs to be done. But even he can not hold out forever against the Reapers without help, that is why we are here. Now where is this summit being held?" Jack said as the Autobot Councillor looked up to him.

"It is being held here in the Citadel tower, floor eighteen, conference room seven."

Soundwave placed a hand on Jack's shoulder, gaining his attention.

"Jack, we can't just gatecrash a summit, though I do like the idea." he said.

"Well I am a Prime, that should count for something." Jack replied. Perceptor's eyes widened at his comment.

"Yes you are, you can fill Optimus's place and represent the Alliance." he said eagerly. The Commander smiled as he nodded back.

"Good, well we should get going then. Thank you for the help Perceptor." Jack said as he and the Councillor shook hands.

"You are welcome Prime, I will continue to pressure the other Councillors to help. Something has to break eventually, I just hope that happens before the Reapers start attacking the rest of the galaxy."

Jack and Soundwave nodded in return before turning around and heading off the to the elevator as Perceptor watched them leave.

PRIME EFFECT 3

In the conference room there was a large circular table with a Turian at one side with a Krogan to his right and to his left was a Salarian. There was still two empty seats as the three waited, though one of them was not being patient about it.

"Where is Tevos, she was supposed to be here already." Linron said. The Asari commando who was standing at the entrance to room, activated her com link and spoke into it for a second before looking back at the Salarian leader.

"I am sorry, but I have to inform you that Councillor Tevos will not be able to attend this summit as she has more urgent matters to attend too."

Linron threw her hands in the air in frustration before glaring at Wrex from across the table.

"Well that is just perfect, now I am left here with this brute staring at me." she spat as Wrex narrowed his eyes at her an growled.

"My name is Urdnot Wrex and I am not some old pyjak that you can speak too like shit." the Krogan spat in return.

"Please, try to keep this civil at least. We have important matters to discuss." Victus said trying to be the voice of reason. Linron stared daggers at him.

"Why, why do we have this Krogan here, they are not a part of the Council?" she said angrily, but then the Asari commando spoke, gaining the leaders attention.

"The Cybertronian/Alliance representative has arrived, Jackson Prime." she announced as Jack and Soundwave walked into the conference room. The Prime took his seat between Wrex and Linron, the former smiling back at him.

"And what is he doing here, isn't he a traitor to the council?" Linron raged as Jack sat down and looked at her.

"I am here on behalf of Optimus Prime who unfortunately can not be here due to the Reapers attacking our world." the Commander replied, the Salarian just looked at him before shaking her head in response.

"What nonsense, are you just trying to spread your lies and propaganda about the Reapers again. Especially since the Council will no longer hear of it." she said as she stared at him. Jack though returned the stare in kind as he remained stoic in the Salarian's presence. But Victus spoke up, gaining their attention.

"Enough Linron, I would very much like to discuss the Reaper threat. We Turians take the defence of this Council and the galaxy in general very seriously, and after being briefed on the Reapers by my new adviser. I feel that we need to work together." Victus said, gaining a smile from Jack.

"Primarch Victus, thank you. May I ask who your advisor is?" Jack asked curiously, the Primarch smiled and gestured to the Prime to look behind him. Jack turned and looked as another person entered the conference room, he felt a smile grow on his face as he recognised the new arrival.

"Garrus." Jack said happily as the Turian entered the room and smiled back before taking his place just behind Victus.

"Jackson Prime, we have been told that the Reapers have not left Alliance space at this time. But we can not just assume that they will stay there. We have also heard that you are building a weapon that can destroy them, that is correct yes." Victus said.

"That is correct Primarch." Jack replied. The Turian leader placed his hands together and rested them on the table.

"Well, considering everything I have been told about the Reapers and what we have heard from the subspace communications coming out of Alliance space. I hereby place our fleets and resources to your aid Prime."

Jack looked at him in surprise.

"Thank you Primarch, but may I ask why?" he asked, finding it hard to hide his surprise. Victus gave him a slight smile.

"Because Prime, soon or later the Reapers will expand across the galaxy and god help us all when that happens. I would rather we struck back at them while they are all in one place. So in the meantime we will gather our fleets and prepare for the taking back of Earth and I will speak to Admiral Bryce about allowing our best engineers and Scientists to help build the weapon."

Jack nodded in return as Wrex decided to weigh in on the topic.

"Jack, I would like to offer the full support of the Krogan to your cause as well. But we need something first." he said as the three representatives looked at him.

"What do you require Wrex?" Victus asked.

"A cure….for the Genophage." he said plainly. Linron just let loose her rage at that comment.

"What, that's going too far. The Krogan were a menace to this galaxy before the Decepticons managed to break them, and now they want to be cured. If you allow this Victus then you will lose the support of the Salarian Union." she said as she stood up and stormed out of the room. Victus just shook his head in disgust at her behaviour before looking to Wrex.

"Wrex, I am sorry but I do not know how we are going to cure the Genophage." he replied sadly. Wrex though smiled.

"Several months ago a former Decepticon called Sideways based himself on Tuchunka and was experimenting on my people for the Reapers. He had created a cure for the genophage but had altered it to take control of the Krogan." he said as he activated his holo-tool and showed them the data on a screen that appeared from the middle of the table.

"Wrex, we can't use that cure remember." Jack replied as he remembered the events that happened there.

"Yes, but I know of only other person who was responsible for producing the Genophage." the Krogan said as he pointed over to Soundwave. Jack, Victus and Garrus looked to the spymaster.

"Soundwave, could a cure be developed using the version that Sideways created?" the Prime asked.

"It might be possible, but I would require tissue samples from a male and a female Krogan, Krogan who have not been affected by the Genophage."

Wrex smiled and gestured to another Krogan who was standing behind him.

"Both myself and Urdnot Bakara here are clean of the wretched disease. The Genophage effects seventy percent of the Krogan population, but luckily myself and Bakara are part of the thirty percent that is still fertile."

Bakara stood beside Wrex, she was wearing a gown that covered her complete figure. The only part of her you could see were her eyes and she looked around at the people sitting at the table. Jack then looked back to Soundwave.

"Well, I think it's worth a try. Soundwave how long would it take for you to develop the cure?"

The spymaster just looked straight ahead while he ran the numbers in his mind.

"With the lab back on the Defiant and no interruptions, I believe that I could have the cure ready in a week or so." he replied in fairly confident tone. Wrex smiled at the bot's answer and stood up.

"Well, I think that we should get right on with it then, don't you?" he said looking at Victus and then Jack.

"Agreed, I will speak to Bryce and then I will try to get through to Linron. She can't ignore the threat that the Reapers represent." Victus said as he stood and nodded to the Prime before leaving the room. Jack stood up as Wrex, Bakara and Garrus walked over to him.

"It's good to be working with you again Jack." Wrex said as he shook hands with the Prime.

"Same here Wrex, Garrus will you be joining us on the Defiant?" Jack asked, the Turian smiled in return.

"Of course I will Jack, I asked Victus to let me join your team should the things go well with this summit. I will be the Turian Hierarchy's representative to the Alliance while this conflict with the Reapers continues." Garrus replied.

"I wouldn't have it any other way Garrus." Jack said before looking at everyone.

"Well I guess we should head back to the Defiant then." he said before leading the group out of the conference room and towards the elevator.

When they reached the airlock to the Defiant, Bakara looked astounded as she looked at the ship in front of them.

"Wrex, this is the Defiant?" she asked as Wrex stood beside and chuckled.

"I believe it is, I have never seen this particular ship. It was the Normandy that I worked on with Jack nearly three years ago. Now that was a ship." he said, not noticing Garrus joining him at his side.

"Don't go writing off the Defiant Wrex. It might not be the Normandy, but she is in every way a true successor." he replied as they looked out at the ships flying to and from the Citadel. Jack was about to join them when…

"Jack" a familiar voice called out to him, causing him to look round. When his eyes fell on a person he had not seen in years, he could not help but smile. He saw a young man with glasses and brown hair walk over and wave. Walking alongside him was another young Caucasian man with blonde hair and blue eyes, he was also wearing yellow and black armour with the Autobot insignia on his chest.

"Raf, Bumblebee. What are you guys doing here?" Jack asked as he walked over to them.

"Well we originally here to promote the new hyperspace engines that I was developing with Jetfire. But just as we were about to catch a transport back to Earth, we heard that it was under attack. It is what you were warning everyone about right…..the Reapers?" Raf asked. Jack nodded in return sombrely.

"Yes, I was there. The Reapers were devastating, considering everything we saw the Decepticons do during the war. It pales in comparison to what the Reapers did in the first wave of their attack."

Raf looked at his friend before placing his hand on Jack's shoulder in support.

"Well Jack, Bumblebee and I heard that you were here and so came looking for you in hope that we could join you in the fight." the young man said, making Jack look at him and the Autobot who nodded while smiling at the Prime.

"You sure about this?" Jack asked, unsure of putting more of his friends lives at risk.

"Of course we are Jack." Bumblebee said surprising the Commander. Even after all these years, he was still surprised to hear the scout speak. Considering that for several years all he could do was beep and whistle. That had been due to the fact that earlier in the war, Megatron had ripped out his voice box. But everything changed for Bumblebee after he gained a pretender body and everyone could not be happier for him.

"I mean we are still Team Prime, even if Optimus is not with us at the moment. Because well, you are our Prime now." Bumblebee continued, Jack could not help but smile at his friends as he suddenly did not know what to say. He then took a breath.

"Thanks guys. Well we were about to head off." he replied as he pointed over to the others while they entered the Defiant's airlock.

"Well what are we waiting for then?" Bumblebee said while Raf readjusted his glasses. The three of them then walked over and joined the rest in the airlock. Then once everyone was aboard the Defiant disconnected from the Citadel and flew away from the station.

PRIME EFFECT 3

As they stood in the CIC, Raf and Bumblebee looked around amazed at the sights surrounding them, Garrus though had told Jack that he would be looking at the ship's weapons system which made Jack smirk. Soundwave had taken Wrex and Bakara to the medical lab, wanting to get started on the cure. This left Jack with his two newest crew members.

"Jack where is the science lab on this ship, I would like to get to know the ship better and get myself up to speed on the Reapers." Raf asked while looking over one of the holo-control stations. Jack activated his holo-tool and showed his friend a map of the ship and the location of the lab.

"Thanks Jack, lets go Bee." he said as he and his best friend walked over to the elevator. Jack himself walked up to the cockpit to see his pilot.

"Hey Prime, was that Bumblebee I just saw?" Hotrod asked as he gestured back to the CIC.

"Yeah, he and Raf have joined us on our mission." Jack replied.

"Hey, I heard you managed to get the Turian's onboard for our counterattack, that's great." The Autobot said.

"Yeah, and possibly the Krogan too. If we can cure the Genophage that is." Jack answered while looking out of the window to the star field outside.

"Hey, we have Soundwave on the case. If anyone can solve that problem, it is him." Hotrod replied with a smile.

"Thanks Hotrod, set course for Tuchunka." he said before walking back to the CIC.

"Aye Aye Prime." the pilot said as he guided the Defiant into the open vortex of the space bridge.

Jack was about to head to his quarters when Ratchet's voice came over the inter com.

"Jack, Ratchet here. I thought you would like to know that I am releasing Arcee from the medical bay. You may come and see her if you like." the Autobot said.

"I'm on my way." Jack said as he entered the elevator and pressed the button for deck three.

Jack entered the medical bay to see Ratchet and Soundwave talking while Wrex was helping Bakara onto a berth. He walked past them when he saw Arcee sitting on her own berth in the corner of the room, she looked up and smiled at him as he approached her.

"Hi Jack." she said as he stopped next to her.

"It's good to see you up and about Arcee, you really had me worried back on Mars." he said, not even trying to hide his affection. She blushed slightly before she looked down towards the ground.

"That was my fault, I shouldn't have gone after her alone like that." the femme replied sheepishly.

"No it's not Arcee, if you hadn't chased after her. Flamewar might have gotten away with our shuttle and left us stranded. I'm just really glad that you were not seriously hurt." he said. Arcee looked back up at Jack and smiled.

Thanks Jack. But anyway Ratchet has given me a clean bill of health and I am ready to get back to work." she said as she prepared to get off the bed, only for Jack to stop her.

"What's the rush, I mean we haven't really had a chance to talk." he said as he stood in front of her, surprising the femme.

" I wasn't sure you wanted to, I mean you made things pretty clear back on Mars about where things stood." she replied, gaining a look of confusion from the Prime.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You are not a part of MECH anymore, you cut all ties. End of story." she said. Jack looked at her and sighed.

"It's the truth." he answered, never taking his eyes off of her. She then patted the spot next to her and Jack sat beside her.

"And I believe you." she replied before taking a breath and looking away towards the others for a moment before turning back to Jack.

"But where do we stand Jack, have we cut all ties?" she asked as she looked back at him with her azure blue eyes. Jack's expression softened as he looked at her,

" Arcee…it's always been you. When you left me back on Horizon, it hurt but I never stopped thinking about you. And I don't want to carry on without you. So if you want to, I would like to try again?" he said as he looked her in the eyes lovingly. Arcee didn't know how to react to that as she simply looked at him surprised.

"Jack, I want that too. But lets take things slow okay, get to know each other again?" she said as she felt her spark warm at how the situation between them had changed. Jack smiled at her.

"As I said before, I will wait as long as it takes Arcee. Because you are worth it." he said, gaining a beautiful smile from the femme, the kind of smile that would make him go weak at the knees.

"Okay Jack, thank you." she replied as Jack got back off the berth and stood in front of her.

"Well I am going to call it a night, see you tomorrow." he said before leaving.

"Definitely, sweet dreams." Arcee replied, Jack smiled at her before leaving the medical bay and heading to his quarters.
Sign up to rate and review this story