Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

brightest star in the sky

by stumbleine 0 reviews

SHORT one-shot Mikey's getting bullied and things don't look good for him. trigger warning

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-05-08 - 1214 words - Complete

-1Predictable
alright, basically I wrote this in 2013 on my old account and I've only just found it, and I've decided to re-write it a little better than before.

note: it's still crap.


I don't own my chemical romance or any of the characters and the story is my own.
enjoy









"Hey! Faggot, I'm talking to you!" A voice screamed behind me, "don't ignore me!"
I felt a hand on my shoulder and I was forced to turn around and look at the owner of said hand. of course, it was Cain. Bully, asshole, basic dumbass.
"Where the fuck is my money?"

I stuck my hand in my pocket and drew out five twenties and handed them to him silently. He counted it out in front of me and grunted.
"this isn't enough. I wanted £150. I know you have the fucking money you scrawny little prick, you think im stupid?!" he snarled into my ear, "you need teacher a lesson, cunt."
I kind of expected what came next but that doesn't really mean it was any less painful.



He grabbed me by my hair and dragged me into the bathroom and began to beat me. every inch of my body. he slammed my head off of the radiator multiple times, and then to top it off he spat at me. After that he dragged me into a cubicle, locked the door and climbed over the top. I thought I was going to die in that damn cubicle.


A few hours later I was found by my older brother, Gerard. he started to cry when he saw me, and he scooped me up in his arms and carried me out of the bathroom with tears streaming down his face, all the while whispering that I would be okay and that he was there into my ear.

He didn't bother to take me to the nurse, he just carried me all the way home and took me down to his basement bedroom.

He cleaned my cuts and bandaged my arm, got an ice pack for my head (or rather, a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a checked tea towel). Every part of my body was hurting so bad by this point that I eventually passed out again from the pain.
when I awoke again, I found myself in a pair of Gerard's pyjamas (tartan pants and a Misfits t-shirt) with several blankets over me and with my brother staring anxiously at me. He saw my eyes open and yelped-
"Mikey! Mikes! oh jeez you scared me half to fucking death, I thought I would have to take you to the hospital and... never mind, you just really fucking scared me when you passed out again and its been like 3 fucking days and-"
"Gerard!" I croaked out as loudly as I could, and finally my brother stopped talking, "Gerard. I'm okay, I'm fine."

I sat up in bed to prove that I was okay and he grinned," Thank God. I've been checking in on you, even sitting here for hours but you were completely out."

I ran my fingers through my mousey blonde hair and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, "what day is it? and where are my glasses?"

Gerard chuckled, "Sunday, little brother, and here." he handed me my glasses from his nightstand and smiled at me again.
I adjusted my glasses and wrinkled my nose, getting used to them sitting on my nose again- but at least they stopped everything being blurry.

"uh mikes.. do you think you'll be able to go back to school tomorrow?"
my head shot up
"no, Mikes, don't worry okay? you don't have to if you don't feel ready, but you're right in the middle of finals and.. I haven't told the school what happened so they're wondering where you are."

I smiled at him, and shrugged, "I'll go to school G, it's okay, got to go back some time right? can't run away forever."

"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure"

***


"I'm going to work now, but I'll be back in an hour or so to check up on you," my brother said, downing the rest of his coffee out of a mug with a cartoon vampire on it," will you be okay?"

I nodded and rolled my eyes. "Gerard, I'm sixteen- not six."

He laughed and ruffled my hair, "you'll always be a frightened six year old in my eyes Mikes. Wanting to climbing into my bed when you had a nightmare."

I chuckled, and he hugged me then left. I was alone in this stupidly big house that mom and dad left to us, they had died two years previously. I was 14, it was a car wreck. Gerard took a year off school to get a full-time job to support us, but then we had the reading of the will. 4 million dollars in savings, our parents had. And it was all ours.. so we got a house, a new car and other stuff. And then Gerard still got a part time job along with going to back to school to do the school he had missed.

***

I collapsed against the bathroom radiator, wiping the blood that was coming out of my nose away and began to silently sob to myself.
It had happened again. Again. I was worn out. I was exhausted. I was tired both physically and mentally.

When I got home, I hugged Gerard. I hugged him and told him how much I loved him.

"You really are the best brother anyone could ever ask for, Gerard. I love you, okay?"

He hugged me back tightly.
"Mikes, I love you too and all but what's with-"

" I just wanted to tell you, that's all. I just wanted you to know."

I hugged him one last time, and then walked up the stairs to my fair sized bedroom. I got out my note pad, and picked up my pen.

-

Gerard,

Remember when I was 9 and you were 12, and me and you went to the park and I fell off that stupid swing set and hurt my knee? I remember anyway, and you carried me all the way home even thought it was only a graze. all you ever wanted to do was take care of me and protect me. even now, I'm sixteen and all you want to do is look after me and care for me and just be my big brother.
Remember when I was really small and had those nightmares? almost every night I would climb into your bed and you would hug me until I fell asleep.
I love you.
This is not your fault.
I want this.
They didn't win, they haven't had chance to win.
Promise not to cry, Gerard. For me. Live your life, go to art school and be who you want to be. Do it for me Gerard, for your little brother. I'll be that star that shines bright at night. I'll always burn bright. I'll be with mom and dad, they'll look after me.


I love you, big brother.


Mikey James Way

xo





I folded the note and placed it onto my dresser. I opened the drawer of my nightstand an drew out a blade and a container of sleeping pills. Finally, this was the end.
Sign up to rate and review this story