Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Hopeless for ya

by theanon 0 reviews

Why wasn't I good enough?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2015-05-25 - 955 words

0Unrated
My first story on here and I'm kind of excited..Should I continue?


“I’ve thought about it, and yeah, I’m done.”
I re –read those words over and over again. No matter if I deleted the text or not, those words were forever burned into my brain. How could he say this? After all the late night talks we had about us, empty promises to love me and only me, pretty words whispered in my ear that made me fall even harder..Many nights where I would come and get him from his friend’s house or the bar, and all the other things I had done for him, how could he not want me? Why can’t I be good enough for him to want me and only me..He was the only person that could ever have this much hold on me. He is the only man I have ever loved. Hell, we weren’t even dating and I knew, just knew he was the man I was going to marry. After all, he did always come home to me, right? Wrong. Maybe physically but his heart was always with someone else. I would never have him to myself. I replayed the past year and a half over and over in my head trying to wrack my brain and figure out where I messed up. Maybe if I was prettier, or skinnier, he would want me.
Winter 2013
I was beyond excited for tonight. My family had grilled out for the big UFC fight and I was staying with my best friend afterward. No matter the fact that I had to close at work, nothing was going to dampen my mood. I lived for nights like these since my best friend, Juliana, started attending college three hours away. I had just gotten into my car when my phone chirped:
“You two are going to eat here, right?”
“Of course mom.”
I quickly texted my friend to let her know I was on my way and headed to get her. As soon as I got to her house, she ran out and we collided in a mass of limbs and all you could hear was “OMG I’ve missed you so much!” we always said the same things, and we even favor so is it any surprise people thought we were actually sisters?
On the way home all we could talk about was how big of a whore our high school classmate had turned into and how much we hated college. It made the thirty minute drive pass by fairly quickly. We got to my house and immediately went inside to grub out on the amazing food my family had cooked. I was heading outside with my plate when my brother, Frank, stumbled in with his drunken friend Gerard. I had actually always hated him in high school even though he was a year my senior, and attended my rival school. His reputation exceeded him as a man whore and how much he used girls and partied. I am the epitome of Miss Goody Too shoes and naturally disliked him. When he walked through that door though, I couldn’t help but to notice how hot he was..Or that lazy eye I hadn’t noticed before.
“Sissssssy where you been good lookin?” my brother’s slurred shout shook me out of my daze.
“Work of course. Where else?”
He laughed and walked away, well about as gracefully as a newborn baby giraffe. My mom was behind them, and I was curious.
“Mom, has Gerard always had a cross eye? I don’t remember him having one in high school.” I giggled
Her laughter echoed through the kitchen, “no Lex, he’s just really drunk.”
I just grabbed my plate off the counter and headed back outside. I couldn’t shake the butterflies that were in my stomach for some reason. It wasn’t like I haven’t seen him before. He was still the same slut he had been in high school! I scolded myself for even thinking of him that way. I’m a plain jane, he could have any girl he wanted. I needed to shake myself of these thoughts before it even went anywhere.

My brother was in Gerard’s band, My Chemical Romance and they were about to leave for their tour in February so I knew I had to spend as much time with my brother as possible. Naturally Gerard tagged along. I was still iffy about Gerard considering his rep. As the weekends passed and the more I hung out with him and my brother, the more I started to like him. We were virtually the same person! We had the same taste in music, movies, food, and hated a lot of the same people. We just had a connection, and everyone noticed. It was really obvious at their going away party at Matt’s, the drummer’s.
“COULD YOU POSSIBLY TAKE ANY LONGER TO GET READY?!” Frank’s scream was one I was used to. I swear, for him being so short you would have thought he couldn’t yell that loud.
“GEEZE could you cut me some fuckin slack man? My hair won’t cooperate!” I complained back loudly over my music.
With a big sigh, I gave up on my hair and trudged out of the bathroom. I felt Gerard staring at me but he had been doing that a lot more lately. I just shrugged it off and went to go get in the car. Even if I didn’t look the cutest, I was ready for a damn good night. Little did I know what was going to happen that night.
Sign up to rate and review this story