Categories > Games > Fable > Adalia The Daughter of the shadow hero

dragon stomper 48

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Adalia grew up knowing her father, but never meeting him. She wants to prove herself before telling him though, so he can't reject the idea. She must face living with a shadow itself. She falls for...

Category: Fable - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2015-06-06 - 1281 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stood in the library, reading a book. I wore a gold ball gown, my hair was tied up with a silver ribbon. I paced slightly, I was 18 today. Professor Abraham had left after giving me a new quill. Dad came in wearing his usual suit.

" Are you coming Adalia? " He asked

" Yes, Father. " I put the book down and took my Father's arm. " Who has come? "

" The Royal family have, Crevan and Phoenix are dieing to see you again. I believe someone who claims to be your cousin has come, and many nobles. " Dad smiled

" You mean my cousin Brandon? " I looked at him

" That's him, it will be a great party Father, thank you " I hugged him

" Think nothing of it, darling. " He smiled, we entered the ballroom. Everyone looked at me, I had changed considerably since anyone had seen me last. I saw Phoenix and Crevan, they both grinned. I also saw my cousin Brandon.

" Brandon, it is good to see you. " I smiled and went over to him.

" You too Adalia, I thought Reaver had shot ya when you didn't return " He hugged me

" I am fine, I was never in any real danger " I told him

" Apart from the time when got on board the slaver ship. " Phoenix grinned, I giggled at the memory.

" That was fun though" I admitted

" You must tell me about it" Brandon said "I have my own adventure to tell you about!"

"I can't wait to hear it! " I smiled, the party began.

After a while, I went outside for some fresh air.

" You look beautiful " I heard a familiar voice, I turned to see Andrew.

" Thank you, your majesty " I bowed politely, Andrew laughed.

" You have changed a lot, but you are even more beautiful since I last saw you " Andrew smiled sweetly, I smiled, blushing slightly.

" I have changed, that much I already knew " I chuckled.

" Adalia? " Dad came out holding a box.

" Father? " I looked at him

" This is my birthday present to you " I took the box and opened it, I almost dropped it.

" You shouldn't have! " I picked up the legendary Dragonstomper 48.

" It is fine, you know only 6 were ever made, for 6 lucky people" Dad smiled

" Well, not so lucky, you killed the 5 of them already. " I smiled, then hugged Dad" Thanks, and I promise not to shoot anyone without asking you first " I joked

" Happy birthday " Dad smiled, he went back inside

" Do you want my present? Or is the Dragonstomper enough? " Andrew asked

" Go on? " I smiled, I put the gun in a shoulder bag that Phoenix got me.

" Close your eyes " Andrew told me. I did, I felt Andrew take my necklace off, but he soon put it back around my neck. " Ok, you can open your eyes now " he said. I did and my hand flew up to the necklace. Next to the gun charm was a another two charms, one in the shape of a Hawk, the other in the shape of a horse.

" Andrew... Thank you! " I looked at him smiling.

" It is the last two of the Archon's gems " Andrew smiled " I found them a year ago" Andrew grinned " Now you have finished your studies, will you meet up with me tomorrow? "

" I would love too " I nodded, music started playing. I smiled at Andrew." Now, your majesty, will you be asking me to dance? "

" only if you agree to dance with me. " Andrew halt out his arm" My lady " he added slyly

" Then, lets show everyone how to dance " I giggled, Andrew chuckled softly, we walked on to the dance floor. I had learnt to dance in my free time, my Dad had taught me. I was graceful, Andrew was surprised at my dancing.

" I never knew that you were such a graceful dancer" Andrew admitted

"My Dad taught me to dance in between my lessons. " I explained, I looked into his emerald eyes. His dark brown hair fell across his eyes, I never thought I would find him attrative, but I admit he was quite handsome.

" I am glad you have finished your studies, I am going to spend most of my time with you " Andrew blushed, I followed suit blushing ferociously.

" I will do my best to remember that " I smiled, I almost squealed when dipped me back.

" I love you, Adalia " Andrew whispered, I stayed quiet as Andrew pulled me upright, the song slowed to a stop. Andrew let me go, I made an excuse to get away and rushed off, my cheeks burning red. I reached the lake and took a deep breath. I hadn't seen him for 3 years... I hardly knew him at all... I sighed, but I was 18 now... I knew that I settle down... But I hated the idea of doing everything for my husband... I sighed heavily, why was I even thinking about this? I looked up at the sky, I was wondering whether I could be happy with Andrew... I shook my head, come on Adalia, you need to get your head together! Phoenix joined me.

" Are you ok? " she asked

" No, Andrew just said something and now I can't stop thinking about it. " I told her

" What did he say? " Phoenix looked up at the sky too.

" He said... 'I love you' " I repeatedly his words

" Wow, I heard that his dad wants him to find a wife by the end of Spring " Phoenix said" I should start calling you Princess "

" I can't Phoenix, I know a good wife is submitive to the house and her husband. " I bowed my head" I won't survive a life like that " I looked at her

" Oh, Hawk...I am sure Andrew will treat you as an equal " Phoenix placed a hand on my shoulder. She left me with my thoughts.

I stayed outside for a long while, Dad joined me, and told me that the party was over and everyone was gone.

" Phoenix told me what was on your mind " He said" And Andrew wanted me to give you this" He halt out a small box... I opened it, inside was a gold ring with little bits of gems stuck all over it. I felt tears slowly roll down my face, I closed the box. "Adalia?"

"I... Does he want me as his bride? " I questioned

" Yes... " Dad said

" I...can't. " I looked at dad," I can't live a life of being in someone else's control, I like him, but I am not ready "

" I am sure he will understand, but I guess he will prefer to hear it from you. " I looked at the box. I ran to the stable, Sky was asleep so I saddled up Midnight, I raced down the path. Sunset flew next to me.

" Go on, find Andrew! " I told her, she cried and sped up. I saw Sunset circling not to far away, I speared Midnight on. I spotted the royal carriage, it had stopped. Andrew was outside it, he was surprised to see me, but he looked hopeful. His mother stood next to him. I dismounted and went over to him.

" Adalia, why did you come after us? " Andrew asked " It is dark and the path is dangerous at night. "

" I...have to tell you something... " I sighed" I like you Andrew, but I am afraid to be anyone's bride at the moment. " I looked at him

" Why? " Andrew gazed into my eyes.

" I don't want to be a submitive wife" I said, Andrew burst out laughing. I stood there looking at him in confusion, his mother was chuckling softly. I watched the pair of them, wondering what I had said that was funny...
Sign up to rate and review this story