Categories > Games > Fable

The True hero

by JadeInkwell 0 reviews

Hawk the real hero of Bower Lake faces a new challenge after her older twin brother, Sparrow, takes her place and turns the people of Albion against her. While staying in Reaver's manor, the hero o...

Category: Fable - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-06-06 - 1312 words

0Unrated
I sat on a luxury chair, I had no doubt my 'dear' brother was sitting on one too. The two face git! I sighed, why didn't Theresa warn me this was to happen? I looked at the wine in my glass, I knew Reaver would return and take this house back, but until then, I could enjoy having a house and a quiet life until that day came, my golden hair fell around my face. I looked around the study, I would miss this place...all the books most of all. I put down the glass, After Reaver returned, what would I do? People thought I was evil, thanks to me brother, Sparrow. I was the hero that saved everyone, but being younger then Sparrow meant I pretty powerless against him, even though we were twins. I picked up my glass again, only for it to shatter. I smelled a smoking barrel of a gun.
"Welcome back Reaver" I said, Time to leave, I told myself.

"Ah, Hawk isn't it? A hero of your powers should surely live in the castle, as rumors state." Reaver replied, he was out of view, but I knew for a fact he was pointing his gun at me.
"Put your gun away Reaver, before you hurt some one...and don't speak of heroes to me." I told him, Reaver was speechless. I got up, I looked at him, he looked the same, apart from he was slightly tanned. "Here's the key" I threw him the key, which he caught.
"Just like that? Where is the fighting hero I remember?" Reaver smirked
"She died, along with everything else I had" I replied, wiping the smirk off his face. "See ya"
"What about your brother?" Reaver asked
"For all I care he can burn in the depth of Skorm, he is no brother of mine!" I growled, I turned and left the manor. I had to get away before I burst into tears! I went to the dock, A ship was leaving, I had no money so, that was pointless. I walked along the dock, than remembered somewhere I could live. I headed to the place I had docked the Marianne, the ship that belonged to Captain Dread. I boarded the old ship; I opened the door to the captain's cabin. It was dusty and there was Captain dreads skeleton. I back out and closed the door, thinking why didn't someone clean that up and I could find somewhere else on board to sleep.
"Hawk?" Someone asked, I turned to see a young boy with bright ginger hair, he also had one brown eye and one green.
"Yeah?" I said
"Mastew Weavew wants to see you" He told me
"Why?" I narrowed my eyes.
"I don't know, miss" He said honestly, I sighed and followed him back to Reaver's manor. He took me to the study and closed the door behind me. Reaver was sitting in the chair I was earlier, I sighed.
"What do you want Reaver? I want to wallow in myself pity alone if you don't mind" I growled, Reaver made no movement
"Sit" He told me
"Why?" I asked "I am not staying long"
"Sit" He repeated, I sighed and sat on the chair next to his.
"What?" I asked
"What did you mean 'his is no brother of mine'? I recall you were rather close" Reaver said
"Trust you, but I am not surprised." I sighed and looked at the fire "after You and Garth left for Samarkand and Hammer went to train with the north warrior monks, my brother changed. He claimed to be the hero who stopped Lucien, he told everyone...I tried to stop him bringing peace..." I stopped and shook my head "Why the hell am I telling you? Not like you care!" I stood up.
"You have no where to stay, why don't we make a deal?" Reaver said suddenly.
"What sort of deal?" I asked
"You work for me, make meals, a bodyguard, those sort of jobs. If you do that, you can stay here, for the time being." Reaver said
"Why do you care if I have somewhere or not?" I looked at him
"I owe you, in a way, Without you, Lucien would have killed me. Of course, that would be most un-useful, There is still a lot of things I want to do" Reaver told me.
"So, I just have to work for you...and I can stay here?" I asked
"Yes" Reaver nodded
"No funny business though..." I said " It's a deal" I halt out my hand, he shook it. His smirk was back on his face
"Would you be a dear and get me something to eat?" He looked at me, I just nodded and rushed off. I couldn't believe it! I had a job, and a place to stay. Even working for Reaver was better than being homeless! Anyway, he was a hero too, so I didn't mind working for or with him on any occasion. I searched the kitchen; I could only find vegetables and some meat. I had nothing to get shopping with so this was my last stock, making a mental note to tell Reaver, I began to cook. I boiled potatoes, carrots and peas. I cooked the meat; I was quite happy and began humming a song to myself. I got a plate out and once the cooking was done, I plated up. I took the meal along to Reaver's Study; He was now at his desk writing something.
"Here you go" I smiled and put it down, surprising Reaver.
"How did you cook it that fast. My other cook took about an 2 hours making me this before." Reaver asked
"I don't share my cooking secrets Reaver" I told him "oh, and that was the last of the food in the kitchen"
"I will give you money to go shopping in Bowerstone tomorrow" Reaver said "But, seeing how your brother has turned against you, you need a new identity. "
"That's true" I said
"So, you are now Rowana Winters." Reaver told me, I liked that name, I nodded. "there are some dresses in the draws upstairs in the master bedroom."
"Which on is the master bedroom? They are both really grand" I asked
"The first one" Reaver continued writing.
"Thank you, master Reaver" I bowed my head, surprising him further. I left, the young boy I saw earlier was standing outside. I smiled at him and went up stairs. I looked through the dresses. The only decent on I could find was a rich red colour. I changed into it, just as Reaver entered the room.
"that suites you, but your hair..."He began
"Is too noticeable. I know, I have some black dye in my bag." I finished
"You are a fast thinker" Reaver stated
"I was trained as a hero from the age of ten. I was taught to think forward, plan out, and expect the unexpected. Also, failing to prepare is preparing to fail" I explained "Is there anything you want, Master Reaver?" I asked
"No, you may go to your room" Reaver said
"My room?" I repeated
"You can have the one next door, after all you are my guard too" Reaver said.
"Of course" I bowed my head and left, I went next door; This is the room I had slept in. I went to the closet, Inside was my sword and gun. I would have to use them again someday, to protect Reaver...I closed the closet again and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I didn't have any will lines, I did once, by my lacking use of will had caused them to go. 'Easier to hide myself' I thought. I lay on the bed; I needed as much sleep for tomorrow. I slowly fell into a dreamless sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story