Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Hold On For Me

Chapter 1

by Rin_of_InuYasha 2 reviews

One Week Ago

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-08-06 - 962 words

1Moving
Chapter One
One Week Ago

“Love?”
“Yes. What is love?” Rin asked, looking up at Lady Kaede.
“Love is an odd thing, Rin. What makes ye ask so suddenly?”
“Well, Lady Kaede, I’m not a child anymore,” Rin responded, picking medicinal herbs. “I was just wondering what it felt like and how you know when you are in love.”
Kaede gave a soft chuckle. “Ye should ask Sango or Kagome, then. They know more about love than I do.”
Rin nodded gently, partially to herself. “I just...I don’t know how I feel about Lord Sesshomaru,” she admitted softly.
“Rin, ye do know he is a demon. He’ll outlive ye.”
The young girl nodded softly again, picking another herb. “It’s just nice to imagine it. He’s always been my hero. He gave me my third chance at life after I died twice.”
“So I’ve heard, but isn’t he the reason ye died a second time?”
Rin looked up. “It wasn’t his fault. He didn’t know. What matters is he brought me back.”
Kaede just gave a nod. “So I’ve heard. Travelling with Lord Sesshomaru definitely is dangerous. However, he is very protective of ye, Rin.”
“I know, Lady Kaede. When I was young, I had wanted him to take kagura as his mate.. But even if Naraku hadn’t killed her, I now know she would have died when Naraku was killed, right?”
“Right.* It was never meant to be between Sesshomaru and Kagura.”
“I know I’ll die before he does, but I think I’ll die happy if I at least tell him how I feel. Maybe he’ll take me as his mate.”
“Rin, slow down child,” Kaede murmured. “Ye are thinking too quickly on this. It is only ye’s first love. Not every first love works out.”
Rin was a silent for a moment. “I-I suppose you’re right, Lady Kaede. Lord Sesshomaru doesn’t even like humans.”
“Rin, no one really knows what Sesshomaru likes and dislikes anymore, It is true that he was once a cold and ruthless demon who wanted nothing to do with humans or even his half-brother InuYasha. But then he met a beautiful young child, with an enchanting smile, and had quite the change of heart.”
Rin sat in the grass and watched the clouds, taking a break from the herbs.
Kaede ruffled her hair softly. “don’t forget archery with Kagome today. It’s good they are teaching ye to defend yerself. Sesshomaru will be so proud of you.”
Rin smiled at Kaede. “I sure hope so, but I thought I had sword fighting with InuYasha today.”
“He rescheduled, remember? He and Miroku had to go two towns over to deal with some nasty demon.”
“Was it a real demon or a Miroku demon?”
Kaede chucked. “It was a real demon.”
“Okay,” Rin murmured, getting up and picking her basket off the grass, following Kaede back to the village.

“Kagome, how did you know you loved InuYasha?” Rin asked as the arrow she had fired hit the target, dead center.
Kagome pressed her index finger against her chin. “I guess it was because that even though all we did was argue, he always put my safety first. Well, almost always. He never failed to protect me. However, there was one point where he was still obsessed with Kikyo. I understand now, of course, that she was his first love and it would be hard for him to get over her. I was just jealous of her.”
Rin hit another target; bull’s eye. “Lord Sesshomaru always puts my needs first. Even before destroying Naraku.”
“So you love Sesshomaru?”
“I think I do. I’m not exactly sure, that’s why I ask.”
“Oh, Rin,” Kagome murmured. “I think you’re right. That’s enough archery for one day. Isn’t Sesshomaru due to visit in three days?”
“Yes!” Rin exclaimed excitedly. “I want to do something special for him, but I can’t think of anything.”
“Well, how about you just tell him how you feel?”
“Easier said than done,” Rin responded, getting the last arrow out of the target and handing it to Kagome.

The three days passed slowly. Sesshomaru followed Rin’s scent. She was, unusually, a bit away from the village. He found her sitting on a blanket near the Bone Eater’s Well.
“Lord Sesshomaru!” she greeted excitedly. “I, um, I know you do not eat human food, but I brought these things Kagome made. They’re called lemon squares and they are very delicious.”
Sesshomaru gracefully made his way over and then sat by her. “Why did you wander so far from the village?” he asked as she bit into a lemon square.
She looked away from his face, swallowing. “I-I wanted some time alone with you , Lord Sesshomaru.”
Sesshomaru watched Rin with a fierce, protective intensity. “Is something the matter, Rin?”
“No, of...well,” she glanced at him, then watched her hands in her lap, “what will you do when I die?”
“Rin, i have told you once before not to think of silly things.”
She closed her eyes softly. “I’m a human Lord Sesshomaru. All humans die eventually. I will die one day.”
“Not if I can’t prevent it.”
“You’ve already brought me back from the dead twice now. What makes you think you can protect me from death again? What if I get too old-”
“Rin.” Sesshomaru said firmly. “when the time comes, and if you are willing, I shall make you a half-demon.”
“A-A half-demon?”
“Yes. I do not wish for your death. I will do anything in my power in order to prevent it.”
“Lord Sesshomaru? I-I..”
Sign up to rate and review this story