Categories > Original > Romance

I Think I Love You...

by FandomChick13 0 reviews

Dan and Phil have known each other for 5 years, and Dan can't take the facade of him and Phil just being "friends," anymore. So he opens up his feelings.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-08-08 - 667 words

0Unrated
Dan and Phil had just finished recording the "7 Second Challenge App!" video. They took a break to get some food. Dan felt his heart pound. He had been waiting to tell Phil how he felt since they met. Apparently, he must have been obviously frazzled because Phil questioned him.

"Dan, what's wrong?" he asked slightly confused by the brown-haired boy's awkward mannerisms.

"Oh, uh," Dan stuttered," nothing."

Phil turned his head to focus back on the tea he was making with an extremely confused expression. Dan had swallowed the lump in his throat as his thoughts of revealing his love for his best friend subsided. Phil had finished preparing it, and they watched some anime together. Phil was stating his disappointment of the new season and how the characters lost their touch, but Dan wasn't listening. He had this aching pain in his chest from the idea of rejection if he ever told Phil how he felt. Dan rose from his spot on the couch.

"I'm not feeling too well," Dan said frantically and paced to his room.

Phil sat there in pure confusion, his friend had been so awkward around him and he wanted to know what was wrong. He sat there and continued watching the anime while he thought. Dan had slammed his door and collapsed on his bed in a well of tears. Then he started sobbing. All of the memories of him and his best friend caused him even more pain. To think that if Phil rejected him, he would lose everything he had with him, caused him to lose it. He jumped up and went to his dresser. He rummaged through his miscellaneous drawer, and held up a tiny picture frame. It was him and Phil when they first met. They looked so happy. He completely threw it to the floor, and it shattered. He collapsed next to his door, screaming with his sobs. Phil heard the sobbing and immediately rushed to his friend's room.

"Dan?! Dan are you okay?!" he yelled with concern.

"Go away!" Dan mumbled/yelled through his sobs.

"Dan! Let me in goddammit!" Phil said with slight irritation.

Phil opened the door, and stepped over to his friend. He sat down next to him and held him in his arms.

"What's wrong?" Phil asked with lilt of sadness in his voice.

"I couldn't tell you," Dan replied.

"Why?" Phil asked, confused as all hell.

"I just...couldn't..." he said again.

"Dan, look at me," Phil said while lifting the younger boy's chin up to look him in the eyes," you can tell me anything, and I'll be there for you no matter what."

Dan felt his lips curl into a subtle grin, and he hugged Phil. Phil was thrown off, but hugged him back. Dan stopped crying and they talked.

"So, be real with me," Phil started," what's up?"

Dan took a deep breath, he was ready," I think... I think I love you Phil."[**]

Phil looked at Dan in surprise.

"Oh no, I've gone and messed up again!" Dan yelled, standing up," if you think I'm weird that's fine, but I'm done hiding this sh*t! Phil Lester, I'm in love with you goddammit! I always have been, and always will be. Do with that what you will!"

Phil was speechless. Dan stormed off and grabbed his jacket. He started to run down the stairs.

Phil could finally gauge what happened, "Dan! Wait!"

Phil ran after him when he reached the front door. Dan was standing in the rain with his head in his hands.

Phil walked over to where Dan was standing and lifted his head up.

" I think I love you too."

Phil embraced Dan in the rain. Soaking their clothes and hair, but they could care less. All that mattered was their bodies intertwining which led up to a kiss. Their lips interlocked, and though it was cold outside because of the rain, all that they could feel was the heat of each other.
Sign up to rate and review this story