Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Savior

butterflies

by denilledeserio 1 review

Nights in aren't so bad.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-08-17 - 3233 words

0Unrated
I woke up to the sound of my cell phone alarm blaring in my ear. I groaned and sat up on the couch and rubbed my eyes, my head was pounding and my throat felt as if I was swallowing thumbtacks. I pressed the button on my phone to see what time it was. It felt like I was staring directly into the sun, but I saw that the clock read 8:00AM. Great, I had to be at work in a half hour and I felt like a complete steaming pile of shit. I then remembered why I was waking up on the couch, and what had happened last night. I slowly got up and quietly made my way to my room to check on Gerard. I opened the door slightly and peered in, he was still sleeping in the same position that I put him in last night. I shut the door as slowly and quietly as I could and made my way to the kitchen to get the coffee started. Once I set everything up and heard the coffee start to perculate, I headed towards the bathroom for my morning shower. I turned the nozzle to the hottest setting it could go and let the water run for a while. I put the toilet seat down and sat on it. I closed my eyes and just focused on breathing hoping that the steam would alleviate some of the pressure in my head. After about ten minutes I got up, brushed my teeth and took my shower. The warm water felt like heaven on my body. When I was finished, I grabbed my towel, dried myself off and wrapped the towel around me. I didn't realize until now that I would have to sneak back into my room and grab my clean clothes, and I needed to do so without waking Gerard. I walked out of the bathroom and headed back towards my room. As quietly as I could, I crept in and rummaged through my closet and grabbed my clothes and carefully left my room so I wouldn't disturb him. I quickly got dressed and made a B line towards the coffee pot. I poured myself a cup and went back to the bathroom to look in the mirror. My hair was still wet, but there was no way I could handle the loud sound of a blow dryer with this pounding headache, so I decided to just let my hair air dry today. I put on my make up and took the last sip of coffee left in my mug, I then walked out and decided the head to the kitchen to pour myself another cup. When I turned the corner, I felt my heart nearly jump out of my chest.
"Jesus Christ Gerard, you scared the shit out of me." I said catching my breath and placing my hand over my chest. I must have not heard him wakeup when I was in the bathroom getting ready. He was standing in the middle of the kitchen looking lost and confused. He must not remember much from last night.
"Am I in your apartment?" Was all he asked looking at me intently.
"Yeah, I found you in the cemetery last night, you didn't look so good so I brought you back here to rest. I hope that's okay..." I averted my eyes from him, I felt really awkward telling him for some reason. I was expecting him to thank me but the response I got wasn't even close to that.
"Why did you do that? You should have just minded your own fucking business and left me alone." His expression and tone was angry, which actually infuriated me. After all I did for him last night, I wasn't going to let him talk to me like that. I was silent for a minute just staring at him in disbelief, then my anger surfaced.
"Are you kidding me? When I found you, you were so fucking drunk you couldn't even stand. I decided to help and take care of you and bring you back here to recover and THATS what you have to say to me?" I was fuming, which made my head pound even more.
"I didn't fucking ask you to do that. Next time you should just leave me the fuck alone." He raised his voice back at me, I couldn't believe the words that were coming from this motherfuckers ungrateful mouth. My head was pounding harder by the minute and I just didn't feel like fighting with him at the moment. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.
"Fine Gerard, whatever." I threw my hands in the air. "I'll leave you the fuck alone next time. I have to go I'm going to be late for work." I grabbed my keys and turned towards the door to leave, but before I left I turned around and made sure my eyes contacted with his. "Oh yeah, and your fucking welcome for dragging your drunk, dead weight body all the way here, changing your clothes and letting you sleep in my fucking bed. Don't worry, I wont tell Mikey how fucking drunk you were in front of your grandmothers grave and how I saved your ass. I know your pride means more to you than that." Without giving him a chance to respond, I turned and stormed out slamming the door behind me. I couldn't believe him! I went out of my fucking way to help him out because I cared about him and that's how he's going to react?! Wait, did I just admit that I cared for Gerard? Whatever, that's not the point right now, the point is that I'm fucking furious at him. I stormed down the sidewalk feeling angry and sick. My throat was killing me from yelling at him and I felt chills run down my spine. The only good thing going for me this morning is that it was cloudy out so the sun wasn't in my eyes.
As soon as I walked into the book store, Denise spotted me and saw that I wasn't looking my best. "Oh honey, you look like death warmed over." She placed her hand on my forehead. "Oh my gosh, your burning up." She looked at me with worry in her eyes.
"Yeah I woke up feeling a little under the weather, but don't worry I'll be alright." I said trying to reassure her and myself.
"Are you sure your able to work today? You can take a sick day if you need to." I considered her words but I still had to make for rent for this month, so I decided to stay and put the hours in. Lucky for me there was only light work to do today. Half way through my shift I decided to take my lunch break and rest a little, I was feeling a little better, but I was tired and still angry about this morning. I sat on one of the bean bag chairs and closed my eyes, the moment I did so I heard my name being called.
"Denille!" I heard Frank yell, he ran up to me and jumped in my lap like a puppy. The was the last thing my headache needed but I never minded frank sitting on me.
"There's our girl. Jeeze, you look fucking terrible." Mikey said plopping on the bean bag chair across from me.
"Thanks, and you look like a fucking ray of sunshine." I said while rubbing my eyes with my thumb and pointer finger and hugging Frank tightly with my other arm. Mikey laughed not taking offense to my sarcastic comment. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, are you sick?"
"Yeah, I woke up feeling like shit this morning, I must have caught something. Where's Ray and Bob?" I looked around but saw no sign of my other two friends.
"That's funny, I spoke to Gerard earlier and he said he wasn't feeling well either, you guys must have the same thing." Mikey said while absentmindedly playing with his hoodie zipper. I rolled my eyes behind Franks back so Mikey didn't see me. I forgot how clueless he was about the whole situation between me and his brother.
"Yeah must be, So where was Ray and Bob?" I tried to quickly change the subject off Gerard because I didn't feel like hearing his name at the moment.
"They are on their way to New York, Me and Mikey are headed there later too, were going to see some bands play tonight and probably stay in a hotel or some shit. We wanted to see if you were up for coming with us?" Frank asked while getting comfy and nesting himself in my lap. I Thought about the offer and how fun it sounded, but with the way I was feeling large crowds of people and blasting music was probably the last thing my body needed right now.
"Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pass, I'm really not feeling well. I'll probably just head home after work and make some tea and get some rest." I hated to decline.
"Gee, sounds like a wild Friday night, grandma." Mikey joked.
"Hey, be nice to me, I'm sick!" I pouted and snuggled Frankie closer in my lap, his warmth felt nice.
"Yeah be nice to grandma!" Frank teased and patted the top of my head.
"Fine, fine." Mikey put his hands up in defense. "I'm just sayin, staying home doesn't sound all that fun to me." The boys stayed and chatted with me a bit longer and then left to head to New York City. I continued working while counting down every second until my shift was over. Once 6:30 came around I wasted no time getting out of there. I said my goodbyes to Denise and made my way home. I couldn't wait to plop on the couch and put a movie in. When I walked in, I went straight to my room to change into comfy shorts and a big t-shirt. I noticed my bed was made and the room seemed to be tidied up. I was surprised to see that Gerard cleaned up after himself. He didn't strike me as one to do that, especially after our little spat this morning. I then went to the bathroom, took my makeup off and tied my hair into a messy bun. Mikey was right, I looked like shit. "Ugh." I groaned to myself as I went to the kitchen to make some tea. I put the tea kettle on and while I waited for it to boil, I went over to my movie collection and searched through the titles. A knock at the door startled me and caused me to jump. I looked at the door confused and alarmed. I never got visitors at this hour. Actually, I just never got visitors period, which is why I felt nervous answering the door. I hesitated at first, but curiosity got the best of me, so I got up to see who it was. When I opened the door I couldn't believe who was staring back at me. "Gerard?" I stared at him in confusion. "What are you doing here?" I asked while crossing my arms. I just remembered that I was mad at him.
"Uh hi, nice to see you too." He responded sarcastically.
"Gerard please, I'm not in the mood for this." I went to shut the door on him but he stopped me.
"Wait. Sorry, it's just..." He paused. "I spoke to Mikey earlier and he said you weren't feeling well, so I thought I'd bring you some coffee." I looked down and saw he was holding two Styrofoam cups. Now I was extra confused. Did he just do something nice for me? He must have saw the confusion on my face. "I figured its the least I could do for being such an asshole to you this morning." He explained quietly while avoiding my gaze.
"Is this your way of apologizing?" I was asking because I really wasn't sure if he was or not, but he must have thought he just made me even more mad than I was before because now he looked nervous and uneasy.
"Um, well, yeah. I really am sorry." He said looking every where but at me. I just smiled at him because like I said before, nervous Gerard was adorable. We were silent a moment before he spoke up. "Well, here you go." He mumbled and handed me the cup of coffee. "I better get going its getting late." He turned to leave, but for some reason I didn't want him to go.
"Wait." I stopped him. "Do you want to come in? I was just about to put on a movie." He turned to look at me.
"Okay." his beautiful eyes locked with mine and that was the exact moment I forgot that I was angry at him. In fact, the only thing I felt was butterflies in my stomach. We both walked back into my place and I shut the door behind him. It was obvious we both felt awkward, so I decided to break the silence.
"Thank you for the coffee, Its delicious." I said while taking a sip of the hot brew.
"Its no problem, I'm sorry your not feeling well." Actually, since Gerard showed up I forgot that I was sick.
"I saw Mikey and Frank before, they said you weren't feeling well either. Is that why you didn't go to New York with them?" I walked him over to the couch and we both sat down.
"Yeah, I was a little hung over this morning and wasn't really feeling up to it." He muttered looking uncomfortable. There was a sadness in his eyes that I didn't see earlier.
"Why were you drinking in the cemetery, Gerard?" I asked him softly. He looked up at me surprised by the question. Then I saw his face fall. Fuck. I shouldn't have asked that, I'm moving way to fast. I needed to change the subject before I freak him out more and he decides to leaves. "You know what, never mind. You want to pick out a movie? I have no idea what to watch." He looked over at me again and I gave him a small half hearted smile.
"Sure, lets see what you got." He said while getting up and walking over to the pile of DVD's.
Mikey was wrong, a night in was definitely a better idea. The rest of the night turned out to be so incredibly fun and amazing. Gerard and I ended up watching movies and eating popcorn all night. We were laughing and joking and having such a good time. We both seemed to open up to each other so easily, who would have known we would have so many common interests and opinions. Its crazy to think that just this morning we were screaming and yelling at each other and now we were hanging out as if we've known each other forever. This was the first time me and Gerard really got to spend time together since we've met and I regret not doing this sooner. I cant speak for him, but I can honestly say this is the most fun I've had without alcohol being involved, and I didn't want that feeling to end. We were just about to put in our third movie when Gerard's cell phone rang. "Who is it?" I asked him as he reached over to grab his phone off the table.
"Its just Mikey, I'll call him back later. You and I have a movie we need to watch" He said while focusing back on putting the movie on. I was ecstatic he was so into watching movies and spending time with me, but I was concerned about Mikey.
"Gee.." He stopped fumbling with the DVD and looked up at me. "I think you should call him back, what if something happened?" I said trying to convince him. He gave an annoyed sigh.
"Alright fine." He said getting up and grabbing his phone. "Fucking Mikey.." he muttered under his breath. I couldn't help but smile. Now I knew he as having as much fun as I was. "Ill be right back." he said while dialing his brothers number and walking into the other room. I patiently sat on the couch and ate the popcorn while I waited for him to return. That was until I heard him yelling. "NO FUCKING WAY! ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I got up and walked over to where he was to see what all the fuss was about. When I found him I leaned in the doorway while I watched him pace the kitchen. "Yeah, okay, yeah. Holy shit Mikey." He just kept repeating over and over while occasionally running his hand through his messy hair. I waited until he hung up the phone to ask him what was going on. "We just got our first big gig!" Gerard turned to me and placed both of his hands on his head.
"Holy shit are you serious!?" I asked in disbelief.
"Yeah! Mikey said Ray was talking to some guy throughout the night at the show and he apparently owns some venue in Philly. Anyways, Ray told him about the band and he listened to a few songs and loved them and wants us to play there in October!" I've never seen Gerard this happy before and it made my heart melt.
"Holy Fuck Gerard that's amazing!" I yelled and ran over and hugged him tightly.
"This is the best fucking night of my life!" He yelled as he picked me up and spun me around which made me giggle and laugh even more. He put me down but didn't let me go, he just hugged me tighter. "Thank you." He whispered in my ear.
"For what?" I don't know why he was thanking me, I didn't land him the gig. I tried to break the hug to look at him but he just kept pressing me against his body, and I certainly didn't try to fight it. He didn't say anything else, he didn't have to. He nestled his head into the crook of my neck and we stayed like that for a while. Just standing in the middle of the kitchen, the same spot where we were fighting earlier, embraced in each others arms.
"Stay with me tonight?" I asked softly against his chest. This had been such an amazing night and I didn't want it to end with him leaving. I felt his head nod and his response brought the butterflies back to my stomach. "I'm not going anywhere."


Thank you to anyone who is reading this! I have to be honest, I'm not sure where this story is going, I'm just writing it as I go. So its kind of like I'm reading it with you guys lol. It's most certainly not a five star story, but so far I like where it is going so I will keep on writing. It feels good to be creative in a way I'm unfamiliar with. Again, if anyone has any suggestions or pointers or ANYTHING, please let me know! I would love to hear all types of feedback. Thanks again!
Sign up to rate and review this story