Categories > Original > Fantasy > Forever Cupid Chapter 1

Chapter 1

by aberdeenqueen22 0 reviews

This is a Merida cupid Jerida/Jarida fanfic, im really feeling this one so don’t be shocked if I write enough to fill a small book. This story sort of progresses over time and is shared between j...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Published: 2015-10-23 - Updated: 2015-10-26 - 2829 words

0Unrated
“Woo Hoo!” A huge gust of wind carried jack high above the earth surface, the wind screaming in his ears and whipping through his hair the entire time. he debated if he’d ever get sick of flying? Probably never! He flipped midair as he was above the clouds, plummeting back to earth in a head on dive, crowing the whole way down.
He sensed the wind about to die down so he had to softly drift to the earth’s crust. With a thump he landed on the ground. He found himself encased in a thick wood, with tall trees towering above him, there branches so thick, hardly a ray of sunlight glimpsed the ground.
“hush, rush..fra” Jack whipped his head around, staff up, ready for an intruder, but the strange whispers subsided. “Huh? Well then, that was… weird?” What was that? Jack questioned himself.
Wait! There it was again! A strange wistful cooing that seemed to come from all directions, making him feel like fish being drawn to a lure. “Who’s there!” He screamed, staff pointed defensively, but these mystical whispers made him feel defenceless “Who’s there!” he demanded a second time, the whispers getting louder and louder by the second, their sharp cry’s bring sense of pain to his ear lobes.
“Stop,” he growled “Stop it!” the cry’s stopped instantly, almost abruptly. Then a small gust of wind flowing in the direction opposite of that which jack was facing made him turn around instantly. The strange thing was that all wind would most definably be ended from the thickness of the wood. As soon as he turned, a small blue light could be seen, hovering gently above the ground. It seemed to pull him closer, making him draw nearer when he had no intention of stepping any closer.
He kneeled before it, only a step away, he slowly reached out his hand to touch it, but just as he was not even millimetre away from touching it, it vanished, light candle going out in a gust of wind. Jack was taken aback by this strange occurrence, wondering if it could have been caused by someone like him.
He stood up after a moment and immediately after a trail of these lights appeared before him, drawing him deeper into the forest. A little hesitant, jack began to fallow the trail. He noticed that every time he got nearer, the light closest to him would burn out and a new one would appear at the furthest end of the trail. Maybe he was just going crazy, I mean, nothing else in his so far mysterious life was all that normal.
All of a sudden, the lights just... ended. Jack scoffed. Was that it? What that just some waste of my time!? He opened his mouth, about to voice his opinion on the whole delama, no caring that anyone who saw him would think he’s a lunatic screaming to something unseen in the forest. Not that anyone would see him but, instead on angry words pouring out of his mouth, the scream of a girl rang through the forest.
Soon after the scream, there was another, but this one was muffled, and restrained. Men could be heard arguing, and jack thought it was time to see what was happing and possibly become an interloper.
He turned the corner, heading toward the noises, and was horrified by what he saw. Two men one burly man the other scrawny and seemingly made of twigs were restraining a girl, who was kicking and flailing the entire time. He could see that they managed to gag her, and now they were attempting to bind her hands. “Quickly before sumone ‘ears ‘er” the scrawny man said through a faint lisp. “Pretty, this one is” the burly man chuckled as he grabbed a hand full of her fiery red curls after her hands were bound.
“No!” Jack screamed and he bounded towards the havoc. He went to pounce on the burly man and… he passed right through. ”No...” Jack started, “No!” he flung his arms towards the scrawny man’s neck, but again, passed right through.
“Help!” the girl shrieked through muffled cry’s that were even more indecipherable due to her accent “Help!” Jack continued to throw punches and kicks and swings of his staff that simply passed through the men. They continued to speak, “ ’ow much you suppose a princess will go for on the market” his partner stood and debated this “don’t know, but I’m not taken any less than six ‘orses” they finally bound the girls feet, her arms behind her back, and had her gaged. The burly man then hefted her up and over his sholder.
Not a moment went by that she wasn’t resisting or that jack wasn’t trying to help in any way possible.
“That’s it!” Jack forced a big gust of wind to carry him just above the man’s head then brought it down with epic force. The smaller man’s knee’s buckled in and he was forced to the ground, and the bigger man lost a grip on the princess who began to roll away. The burly man instantly turned to retrieve her but Jack sent snow hurtling into his eyes, while he still encased the men in a fierce whirlwind, firing shards of ice and hail. He eventually brought the two men down on their knees, cowering.
He glimpsed behind him to see if the girl was o.k. sure enough, she pulled a hidden dagger from her boot and cut the ropes that restricted her. She ripped the gag off, and began running, not bothering to pull it off her neck or put the dagger back in her boot.
Jack new that he couldn’t control this storm for much longer, so with a swift movement he buried the men in a mountain of snow. He then trailed after the girl, concealing her footprints so that when the men got out of the hoard of snow Jack placed, they wouldn’t have the slightest clue of which direction she ran off to. That was, if they got out…
*
“Mum! Dad!” jack fallowed the girl safely to the camp she and her family were at, there castle not far from view. A mountain of a man came running out with a woman that looked grief stricken. ”Merida!” they screamed “Merida!” they’ll me in a warm embrace, enough to melt a little of Jacks heart. Three boys came trailing after the parents and joined in the hug, while jack drifted off the side, smiling to himself.
5 YERS LATER
“YEAH!!WINTER!!”Jack cheered as he dove down to the ground. He decided that was his favorite thing to do while flying, diving down to earth when your higher than the clouds. He found himself above the ocean, just near the shore. He turned his head inland and saw familiar castle that stood proud, defying the large amount of snow that overwhelmed it. He decided it might be fun to pull a prank or two on the people who inhabited the castle, I mean, a little bit of the frost never hurt anybody, right?
With a sharp turn in the wind, he was carried in the direction of the castle. He stooped law so that he was just above the walls that surrounded the courtyard. As soon as he made it over the wall, he was met by the stench of the stables and a mass of red curls that stood out like a rose in a thorn bush compared to all the fresh blanketed snow that surrounded her.
She shot arrow after arrow, the wind nor the faint mount of falling snow disrupting her. Suddenly a door burst open from a wall in in the castle nearest to her. Three boys with hair, just like hers, came running out. All of the carried a large sled approaching her with expectantly looks on their faces.
She stopped to stare at them just before she set loose an arrow. ”No” she said frankly, and began to shoot at the target again. The boys began to whine ”but Merida...” Wait a second. Did he just say Merida?
Jack smiled to himself, remembering that girl he’d saved years ago. Not so much of a girl any more though, he hair had grown not only in length but mass too, she was definitely more curvy, and her chest was- uh, never mind. Jack shock the thought from his mind, trying to prevent it from lingering.
He drew his attention back to the whining boys, and hating the looks on their faces, Jack decided it was time to intervene.
A snowflake emanating a pure blue light formed in his hand. He played with it for a moment and said more to her than himself, “don’t be such a stick in the mud red, I think it’s about time you lived little,” and with a flick of the wrist, the snowflake danced down to the girl’s nose. She stopped archery practice instantly and looked down to the boys as if she forgot something, she began to giggle wildly and cupped her hands to her hands to her mouth.
“I don’t know what I was thinkin’, ‘course I want to go sledin’ with ya!”She said through thick accent. The boys cheered, nearly dropping the sled in the process.
They all ran out the front gates. Merida chased after them through the main gates, making roaring noises as she went. It took a while but the four red heads made it to an area full of rolling hills that stood high above the castle grounds.
The lively siblings ran to the top of the nearest hill. Merida beat the boys up and still had time to prepare snowballs. Just as the first triplet was visible, jack rolled up a snowball and chucked it, sending it flinging to his face.
Yes! A perfect shot! The boy fell on his back and the other two looked up shocked. They turned their heads to face each other and nodded, their shock turning into determination. The tallest of the three held up a wooden sword and gave out a warrior call, his brothers soon fallowed his lead, screaming, whipping their toy swords around in the thin air.
“Uh, oh” the girl turned and began to run, swearing to them that she didn’t throw the snow ball. Jacked laughed to himself. Little did they know… She continued to run downhill, gaining speed and getting a head start on her brothers who were preparing the sled.
“Uh oh, you better run princess” Jacked laughed to himself sending her an unseen sly smile. She continued to run, and keeping an eye on both her and the boys was becoming difficult. He hoped effortlessly into the air and shot up like rocket, an aerial view would help aid in this certain predicament, he assumed.
As he shot up, he laughed wildly along with the girl, that was, until he looked down from his point of view. Down the hill, right at the very bottom, was the shear drop of a cliff. Jack took in a sharp breath, suddenly filed with panic he didn’t know what to do.
The boys had been coming down the hill on the sled and gaining speed. They’d never… Jack knew they’d slide right off the cliff, and Merida was not far ahead of them. He swooped in to action, going to the limits of his personal top speed. “Merida I’m coming!”
Merida stopped in her tracks instantly after Jack called out to her. She looked around as if she weather searching for something. A thought erupted in Jacks head, did she see me? But no, all she saw was the cliff. She spun her head around frantically searching for the boys.
There they were. Coming towards her, faster and faster, laughing and screaming, unaware of the new threat. “Boys! Boys!” Merida screamed.
She ran right in front of the area the boys were approaching and the cliff, becoming the only thing that separated the two. ”No,” Jack had landed beside her and reached out his arm. It went right through her. She nor the boys believed in him. There was nothing he could do but watch.
Approaching with a significant amount of speed, when the boys were not a meter way from Merida, she leapt. As if time froze, jack witnessed her knock two of the triplets off the sled, who then rolled to safety. But she and the other were carried off, and over the cliff.
“No!” jack screamed. He leapt over to the edge of the cliff and leaned over. The sled was seen plummeting to the ground below, a thick frozen fog stealing it away from his vision, he then leaned over more, anticipating the worst but, there dangling from the roots of a dead birch, was Merida, desperately clinging to her brother with one arm and the roots with the other.
“Hold on Harris!” the boy looked down, screaming and crying all at once. She looked down to her brother with a worry stricken expression that clung to her face, then she looked to the roots. Jack saw the look of worry turn to look of determination.
“Hamish! Hubert!” she cried through Harris’s screams. The other two boys came peering over the edge of the cliff, gasping with relief knowing there siblings were still alive. “Hamish, Hubert,” she continued “I’m goin’ to swing Harris up to the edge of the cliff you boys have to help him get bak up,”
“But what if we can’t!” cried one of the boys, his for head seeping with blood. “You can!” Merida yelled back “You can!”
Jack was astounded with the bravery she showed in a situation such as this, but he couldn’t admire her now, he had to think of something, anything to help, but he couldn’t, there was nothing he could.
“Alright” she started “One,” she began to swing Harris back and forth and he screamed even louder “Two” he started swing higher and higher “Three!” with one big swing, she hefted up the boy with as much force she cold wield.
She let go of her brother and he flew straight up towards the edge. With perfect aim on his sisters behalf, and a little forcefulness of the winds on Jack’s. They made the perfect team. His brothers were able to cling to him and pull him back to safety.
“Ahaha!” Merida laughed, but too soon. The roots she clung to began to creak and snap. They broke instantly, but she managed to cling to the rocks a meter or two below, griping them as she began to fall. The boy’s shrieked “Merida!”
Struggling to no end, Merida cried back. “Hamish! Hubert! Harris!” she began, the tone in her voice unsettling. Oh no. Jack knew where this was going. Don’t do this Merida! “Don’t do this Merida!” one of the boys cried right after Jack had thought of it. All three of them knew exactly what was going to happen and none of them could do anything about it.
“It’s all right Merida, we’ll-“
“You’ll do what!” Merida screamed. This was already hard enough but her brother’s agony was the real thing killing her “Boys, there’s nothin’ you can do, and I can’t climb, the rock is too steep,” she continued “Tell Mum and Da I luv thum, and boys,” the three looked to her, tears nearly blinding them, “Never be afraid, I will always be watching, always be brave, and-” she chocked on her tears then, her bottom lip curled into a sob. Then something unexpected, she smiled widely as tears poured from her eyes “-And, I love you,”
“Merida No!” the boys cried reaching out for her, having to hold each other back, but it was too late, as if on cue, Merida let go of the cliff and fell silently to her demise.

To be continued…..

Hope you guys like it, don’t really care if you do or you don’t, I’ll still be getting a second chapter on here soon. Really soon. Yeah… not gonna lie, kinda on a rant right now and I really needed to get this out of my system, and if you thought this was good? Just wait and see what’s coming up next. Like, comment, share, give me your opinion. Find me on pintrest as ‘Merida’/aberdeenqueen22, I maybe will eventually make some art to go with the fic. Not yet on tumblr, but I am planning it. Please please please give me a review and it will fuel my creative juices and convince me to make the second chapter. Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story