Categories > Original > Romance > USUK Oneshots

SPIDER

by FabulousFerret 0 reviews

OTP challenge thing

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2015-12-01 - 663 words

0Unrated
America paused to take in the scene before him. His boyfriend was crouching on top of a chair, barely breathing, staring down at the floor in terror with his wide green eyes. The object of said terror was a spider. Not all that big, just about two inches across, speckled with different shades of brown. The little arachnid lay still, as if confused by a certain Brit’s strange behavior. America looked up from the floor to England.

“Iggy…It’s a spider.”

“So?” Britain turned to face the younger nation, a bit flushed. “It’s st-still repulsive!” He spat, looking down at the spider once again, fear still in his eyes.

America shrugged. “So why don’t you just kill it?”

“Because!” England sputtered indignantly, his face turning much more pink as he looked down at the floor, embarrassed. “…I don’t wanna touch it.” He said softly. “It’s gross.”

The younger nation sighed and rolled his eyes, smiling. “Oh boy, England…” He chuckled. “Oh, boy…” He moved his gaze back to his boyfriend. “Don’t move.” He deadpanned.

“I won’t,” the Brit promised.

America walked to the kitchen, fetched the smaller nation’s old newspaper, and walked back to where the horrified Englishman stood on his chair. The American brandished his weapon and brought it sailing down on the unsuspecting arachnid, promptly murdering the unwanted bug. Standing back up, the younger nation flashed the unfortunate spider’s carcass, which was still stuck to the newspaper, at England, who squeezed his eyes shut and shuddered.

“America, that’s disgusting!” Britain squealed, sliding off of the chair he had been taking refuge in.

“What? I killed it. It’s dead, and it can’t hurt you anymore. See?” The American smiled devilishly, shaking his weapon in front of his boyfriend tauntingly. The former pirate let out a high-pitched shriek and retreated behind his chair. The blue-eyed country roared with laughter.

“What, you got arachnophobia or something?” He asked, tossing the newspaper in a nearby trashcan.

“What’s it to you if I do? Git!” England added ferociously, peeking out from behind his chair.

America walked over and pulled his boyfriend away from the chair and into his embrace.

“Now Iggy, is that any way to talk to the guy who just saved you from that terrifying spider?” He smirked.

The Brit sighed and wrapped his arms around his lover. “No, I suppose it’s not…” He whispered, rubbing his cheek into the younger nation’s shirt. After a few seconds, he looked up at the taller blonde, his emerald green eyes full of mock contriteness.

“Thank you for saving me, America,” The Brit said, struggling to contain a smile. “You’re my hero.” The Englishman got on his tiptoes and lightly kissed the American’s cheek.

“I love it when you say that.”

“I know you do.”


A/N: Hello, Everyone! How was your Thanksgiving break? (If you had one…because maybe you didn’t. But oh well.) Mine was great, but it lacked a Wifi connection, so I wrote up a bunch of chapters over the long weekend, and if you’re reading this, then I probably managed to post them at school. So, yeah, this oneshot…This is from some OTP prompt thing I saw a long time ago that asked you which member of your OTP would be the one standing on a chair screaming at a spider and which one would reluctantly come kill it. I wanted to write a screaming England. I honestly did. But Your Royal Pirate just would not let me write him like that, now would you? /Glares pointedly at Iggy-san/ ANYWAYS, hope you enjoyed this little bit of fluffery! I enjoyed writing it! Comments and kudos are not only appreciated, they are rewarded with Matthew hugs (You know you want a Canadian hug. You know you do.)! Have a wonderful whatever-day-of-the-week-it-is! (It was a Monday when I wrote this.)

Signing Off,

@FabulousFerret
Sign up to rate and review this story