Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > X-Games

Prologue: Shattered

by InconsciousSin 0 reviews

Prologue

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Robin,Starfire - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2016-01-06 - Updated: 2016-01-06 - 422 words

0Unrated
Prologue: Shattered

It's all my fault.

"Her heat signal is still nowhere in the tower."

It's been two days and I already feel like an entire piece of me has been ripped away.

"Her communicator is still offline. I'll try to hack the cities computer system; we can search for her through the city cameras, see if any of them caught a glimpse of her."

How could I have been so stupid? So selfish? So horrible to her?

"Alright, we're in. So far I'm not picking up anything though…"

If something happened to her, I don't know what I'd do.

"What if she went home, dude? Like, 'home' home?" My heart is literally breaking.

"Tamaran? Do you think she was that upset?" I'm sure she was, and still is. Why do I keep doing this to her?

"She wouldn't do that. She knows we need her here." God, if only she knew how much…

"She might've, man." Yup. Heart is turning into glass, and falling fast.

"Can you two stop? Let's not jump to any conclusions. Let's look through the city cameras and make sure she isn't just out at the mall or on a walk or something before we start making rash assumptions."

Always the logical one, thank you for the hope, Raven.

"Hopefully she hasn't gotten herself into trouble though. She can be pretty naïve when it comes to the ways of Earth and some of the 'people' she might run into may easily convince her into something…"

Wow, thanks, Rae. C'mon, Star. Please be safe, you have to be safe…

"Found her." Cyborg's voice held no emotion, which lessened my excitement at his words. I took a step closer to the oversized computer screen. He glanced at me with a worried expression, "I don't think you're going to like what you see." My mouth went dry. In any other circumstance, I'd be ecstatic to finally have found one of the criminals I've been obsessing over locating, but not like this. There on the screen, was a slightly fuzzy, black and white image of Starfire standing a little too close to someone I've loathed since the first moment we met. "Red X." His name was acid, spewing out from behind my gritted teeth. His hand reached up to caress Starfire's face, and she placed her hand against his, holding it to her cheek. She was smiling at him with a smile I thought she had only ever reserved for me.

My heart of glass finally hit the floor: shattered.
Sign up to rate and review this story