Categories > Cartoons > All Dogs Go To Heaven

What Exactly Is Alcohol Withdrawal

by SloanMartinussen92 0 reviews

I come fromSao Tome & Principe

Category: All Dogs Go To Heaven - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Parody - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-01-30 - 548 words

0Unrated

When they stop drinking, alcohol withdrawal syndrome is a cluster of signs and symptoms that individuals that have had an alcohol abuse problem for years, months or weeks may experience. Individuals that only drink once in a while rarely have withdrawal symptoms.

Men and women who have experienced withdrawal in the past are more likely to get withdrawal symptoms each time they ceased drinking.

What are the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome?


Signs and symptoms might be moderate or extreme, and could include:


Shakiness

Sweats

Anxiousness

Irritation

Tiredness

Melancholy

Headaches

Insomnia

Nightmares

Lowered appetite


More extreme withdrawal symptoms may also include high temperature, convulsions and delirium tremens (also called DTs). Men and women who have DTs may suffer from mental confusion, anxiousness or even hallucinations (hearing, seeing, or feeling things that aren't truly there). If they aren't cared for by a physician, dts can be extremely dangerous.


Do individuals experiencing withdrawal need to see a doctor?


Yes. Your medical professional should know you're experiencing withdrawal so he or she can make sure it doesn't trigger more serious health problems. Your signs and symptoms may get worse every time if you go through withdrawal a number of times without getting the appropriate treatment. Even if your withdrawal symptoms don't appear to be that injurious, it's crucial to see your physician. http://www.who.int/topics/alcohol_drinking/en/ This is especially true for men and women that have had harmful withdrawal symptoms before and individuals that have other health issues, such as infections, cardiovascular disease, lung disease or a past history of seizures.

rasputin


Men and women who quit using other substances (like tobacco, injected substances or speed) simultaneously they stop drinking alcohol might have extreme withdrawal problems. They should see a doctor before they quit.


How can my doctor help me if I'm in withdrawal?


Your physician can provide the moral support you need to be successful in your attempts to quit consuming alcohol. He or she can keep track of your withdrawal signs and symptoms to help prevent more dangerous health issues.


Your physician can also prescribe medicines to deal with the trembling, nervousness and mental confusion that can come with alcohol withdrawal. They may keep your signs and symptoms from getting worse if you take these medications at an early stage of the withdrawal.


What can my friends and family do to help me if I'm experiencing withdrawal?


The drive to drink again during withdrawal can be very strong. Support from friends and family can help you defend against that drive. After withdrawal signs and symptoms go away, it's essential to join a treatment or sobriety program, like Alcoholics Anonymous (see contact information under "Other Organizations"). These programs can dispense the support you need to avoid relapse.



Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome Signs?


More severe withdrawal signs and symptoms could also include high temperature, convulsions and delirium tremens (also called DTs). If you go through withdrawal a number of times without getting the proper treatment, your symptoms could get more severe each time. Even if your withdrawal signs and symptoms don't appear to be that harmful, it's essential to see your physician. After withdrawal signs and symptoms go away, it's crucial to join a treatment or sobriety program, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (see contact information under "Other Organizations").
Sign up to rate and review this story