Categories > Original > Romance > Tiptoe Higher (a Harry Styles Fan Fiction)

Chapter Five: Houston, We Have a Problem

by alotlikediana 0 reviews

Micah and Harry come to a conclusion with their relationship.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Erotica,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2016-02-01 - 8130 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Five: Houston We've Got a Problem



"What we gonna be is this, just a fantasy where we be together forever you're in my mind any weather. Is this now or for forever you're on my hand we're together but we're separate. This. Is. Love. Ignite the fire the fear and cries into the light. It hurts but it's worth it. It hurts but it's worth it. Ignite the fire the fear and dance into the light. It hurts but it's worth it. It hurts but it's worth it." - Aiden Grimshaw

August 2nd-Houston, Texas:

With all of her luggage and her carryon Micah clumsily made her way out of the terminal and out onto the busy baggage claim and passenger claim with Harry's trusty bodyguard, Paul. She knew that people wouldn't automatically recognize her and even so she had on a Yankees cap and sunglasses to hide her identity...it worked for a moment. But with Paul clinging to her side and looking as serious as ever it was almost impossible to keep a low key while exiting the Houston airport, especially with expectant One Direction fans anticipating her arrival. How they knew should was going to be there? She wasn't quite sure. What she did know was that for the first time she was nervous to see them, and by them I mean Harry. The two had spoken on and off and nonchalantly since her confession after The Chatty Man interview. She was nervous because he was literally her best friend and she prayed and prayed to her god that things would be okay between them.

"Micah please let me carry your bags for you," insisted Paul as he tried for the third time to take the bulky bags from a noncompliant Micah. "C'mon! We would've already been in the car and half way out of this retched place if you would just let me carry you damned bags!"

"Whoa there Pops! I don't need a bodyguard. You know that. I hate it when Harry sends you guys to my rescue when I wasn't in need in the first place. I'm fine. I carried the bags in New York just fine, and I'm gonna carry them here too."

"Micah, don't make me call Harry."

"And do what? Tell him I'm defying you? Damn Pops, let up some. I'm fine."

"Yes, but we need to get you to the hotel in time for rehearsal."

Micah stopped in the middle of the parking garage and put her hands on her hips. Fans were gathered around as close as security would let them. Micah could hear her and Paul's name being called and smiled up at the big guy whom she called, Pops, and said, "Well fuck! Take them then! The car is right there. You can have them now." She stalked off towards the big black and tinted Escalade parked in the far corner. "You know...this is partially your fault as well Pops! Parking way over here in some dark corner...have some right mind why don't you?" she called out. She bit her lip and giggled when she heard him laugh. Paul was like a second father to her in some ways...or more like an awesome uncle who doesn't have any daughters so he doesn't know how to handle teenage girls but still comes off as an awesome and reliable guy. "Thank you Paul, love you!" She called to Paul as he was loading the back of the trunk with her immense amount of luggage. He smirked and hopped into the driver's seat and slowly began backing out of the parking garage with insane teenage girls beating on the windows and screaming Micah's name.

"Fucking crazy!" he yelled as he pounded the horn multiple times over and over.

Micah was giggling and waving at fans and making goofy faces at them when she saw cameras. In some ways she knew a lot of the fans loved her, not just because she was Harry Styles' best friend or rumored girlfriend of nine months, but because she was so modest and unafraid of being different and abnormal. She was comfortable with being herself around the fans and greeting them and making them feel just as comfortable as her because at one point she was in their position, not nine months ago at Madison Square Garden. She was a normal Directioner who radically had the crazy once in a lifetime chance to become besties with one of the members of the biggest boy band in the world. "You know Paul, I think I could never get used to this!" she yelled over the banging on the windows and screaming of hundreds of teenage girls.

Paul frowned and glanced at her through the review mirror, "it's been three years and I'm still not used to it Mick."

Eventually Paul and Micah made their way out of the airport and onto the highway and sped toward the hotel. When they were sitting at a stoplight Micah climbed up front and into the passenger seat. "Do I always have to sit back there? It's lonely." She reached out and turned on Paul's iPod and The Black Keys began playing. "Howlin' For You, eh? Good song Pops!" She frowned when he turned the music way down a few minutes later. She looked up at him and batted her eyes, "please?" She flopped back in her seat when he didn't show any sign of turning the music back up.

"I think we should talk about something, Micah," he stated sternly.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "what is it?"

"Think of it as a kind of father-daughter talk...on dating," he looked at her in his peripheral vision to read her face. He couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"Dating?"

He nodded, "Yes. I know what you told Harry."

"He told you?" she knew exactly what he was talking about because everything else she's said to Harry wouldn't require a chat on /dating/, she wasn't even too sure even this required the chat either.

"No, Louis told me. He really can't keep his mouth shut about anything. Harry was furious when I pulled him aside and asked him if it was true."

"Okay, so what about it?" she asked getting a little irritated at the seriousness in Paul's voice.

"I just think you need to watch out for yourself when it comes to this type of thing."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, Harry is na
Sign up to rate and review this story