Categories > Original > Romance > Tiptoe Higher (a Harry Styles Fan Fiction)

Chapter Nine: Hold On A Little Tighter

by alotlikediana 0 reviews

The final chapter: Micah and Harry find themselves exactly where they'd dreamed of being.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2016-02-01 - 3591 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Nine: Hold On A Little Tighter



"There is no guarantee that this life is easy. Yeah, when my world is falling apart, when there's no light to break up the dark that's when I look at you. When the waves are flooding the shore and I can't find my way home anymore that's when I look at you. When I look at you, I seek forgiveness. I see the truth. You love me for who I am, like the stars hold the moon. Right there where they belong and I know I'm not alone."-Miley Cyrus

Maybe sometimes fate is what always draws people to one another, fate or destiny, whichever really works. Maybe it was fate that Micah would be at that exact spot, at that exact concert, at that exact moment in time that Harry would look down and lay his eyes on her for the first time. Maybe they were destined to go out on the town that night and fall for each other all at once. Maybe they weren't destined to realize that they had felt so strongly towards each other until they had to lose one another and feel the pain of a fractured heart. But I can assure that it was fate and that it was destiny for the two of them to fall in love with each other. Micah was destined to fall for a boy who had a completely opposite life from her, a boy who had friends, a life, a dream accomplished. Harry was destined to fall for asimple girl, a girl who had a boring, yet when given the chance, an amazing life and was never demanded so many things from so many people. They were destined to love what they believed they could never have.

The Same Day:

They sat in the coffee shop laughing and giggling and holding hands and waving at the fans who had returned outside of the windows and with no care at all. The same girls who had spotted Harry's tear stained cheeks and red eyes not long before were back and because they now see Harry much happier and vibrant and with Micah they cheered and gasped and screamed outside of the shop with the many others.

"You know, I told Paul once that I really don't think that I could ever get used to this," stated Micah whilst waving her hand in the general direction of the coffee shop windows.

"The constant screaming of your name? The weird photos of yourself that always show up on the internet leaving you speechless because you thought you were alone? Yeah, get used to it Mick," retorted Harry.

"That's not exactly what I meant, Haz. But like, you know, being recognized and acknowledged and loved by so many, I don't think that I could get used to that."

"I recognize you, always have."

Harry laughed and stood up, making sure to give the adoring fans just outside the windows a clear view, and bent over to kiss Micah, "come stay in London with me. Travel with me."

"Okay," replied Micah more eagerly than Harry had expected.

"You'll live with me?" asked Harry through a growingly rhetoric smile.

And she said, "yes."

Micah's POV:

The next morning Harry took me over to my mom's loft, and to her surprise I was with a better man than I was with yesterday. To her Gabriel was the scum of the earth and Harry was an angel who had been called upon just to make me feel special. I never really wanted to hear her talk about Gabriel in contrast to Harry because I knew she was right, but, for me, it was too late to change anything. It had been too late to work things out with Harry because in my mind Gabe was all I could have. In my mind I didn't know that Harry loved me. I knew in my heart though, I could just feel it. I could feel the beating and fluttering and the skipping when Iwould think back to all of the moments shared between Harry and I, and I just knew that he did love me. Deep down I knew...it was just too deep for me to realize.

"I'm so happy! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment to happen between you two. Even after the long split I just knew it would happen," exclaimed my mother, Marie. When she answered the front door she was in shock but once it settled in she was more eager for me to live with Harry than Harry and I actually were. She leant me her suitcases, she packed up most of my bedroom-what was left of it since before I moved in with Gabriel-she kissed us off in a hurry and sent us on our way to the airport. Like I said, she was more eager for us to be out there and together than Harry and I was ourselves. I mean maybe that's all alright. Maybe Haz and I were the only two oblivious ones when it came to whether or not we should be together. Everyone else had believed with everything that we were meant to be, just not us.

We were now in the escalade on our way to the airport. Paul was with us now. After I had contacted Simon earlier this morning about my finding Harry he immediately flew Paul over on a jet from Los Angeles to watch over Harry. It was funny though, because once he had shown up to watch Harry he had immediately received the information of my moving with Harry. But, to my surprise, he looked very pleased with himself. He clapped Harry on the back and grinned at me. When that happened I couldn't help but think back to the words he had said to me back in Houston on that infamous day.

Thinking back to that day put me a little bit beside myself, I felt bad for realizing how I'd treated Paul for his true words. All he wanted was to keep me safe, and I pushed him away, along with the entirety of the band and the boys. Unfortunately enough, pushing them away lead me to finding Gabriel which really proves that without Harry and the boys and the band and everyone else, Icouldn't be right. I couldn't feel right. I couldn't live right. Nothing could be right without all of them. For so long they had been my life, become a part of my life, and been there for me for everything in my life. It's like maybe my god wanted to prove to me that I had everything that I had ever desired and Ihadn't realized it, until I had lost it.

We arrived at the airport with our hoods drawn and sunglasses perched on our noses. Many fans had already been awaiting our arrival at the airport, how they knew, well as a former Directioner I must say that social media really does come in handy for the most stalker ideas ever known. But I am not complaining, I was once, and still am the biggest Directioner. One Direction are my heroes, love interests, obsessions, dream guys, and I know every lyric to every song...that's my duty as a Directioner. I've been there since the beginning as a loyal fan and now I'll be there for always as a loyal best friend and girlfriend.

Just like always, I posed for pictures with fans and I followed some on Twitter. Harry only posed for photos but that is to be expected. Eventually the crowd became too much and the paps became too degrading, security blockaded them while Paul lead Haz and I into the check in to purchase our flight tickets to London. Haz pulled his hood down and removed his sunglasses, as did I, when we got to the check in line.

Do you ever get to thinking and it just goes so far? One minute you're in a grand and precocious mood, and then you start to think, then you start to think even deeper, and then sooner or later you find yourself thinking about all of the deep meanings of life. That's what I've just done. In the last few moments with Harry I've changed. I met fans and I interacted with them and I felt jubilant. Then we started to leave the fans and I start to think, "I was once one of them. I was once a fan. I was once an underdog to my idols. Do I deserve this place? This high place, do Ideserve it?" I really should keep an eye on the directions that my thoughts always seem to go.

Haz looked down at me silently by his side. He squeezed my hand and rubbed my arm with the other. "You okay?" he asked.

I only looked down and away. Thinking now, I realized that just this morning Ihadn't even heard from him in nearly a year, over a year actually. Just this morning I was dating a womanizer, a cruel one. Just this morning I had received a call from Simon Cowell on the unsure whereabouts of Harry. Just this morning I was told by the boy that I had always loved, that he loved me too. He cupped my chin and turned my face to him before looking into my eyes. His green eyes, have I ever talked about them before? No? Well they were green of course but they were not just any green they were more of light sea foam green, clear, miraculous, and hypnotizing. My hands were on his chest and I could feel his heart skip. He looked so flustered and ran his hand through his curls before pulling me into him and hugging me tight. I hid my face in his chest and even though I had no need to, or want of it, I cried. He squeezed me tighter every time I shuddered with loss of breath. Maybe crying is what I actually need. I'd been through so much and this boy, this completely normal boy with an abnormal career was here for me, always had been. He didn't care that people and paps were watching us. He flagged away a couple of fans, heading somewhere, when they asked for pictures. He just held me and shushed away the quakes of my panic attack. Yes, that's what this is. A panic attack; I'm panicking because I've always been in the limelight of One Direction, but only as the best friend, the best friend that was always suspected of more but was actually not. I'm panicking because, well, now I actually am more than just the best friend and sometimes fans don't always think about what they wish for. They wished for us, for Marry Stylendon, to finally be a real deal, but once it becomes the real deal they realize that that means that their precious cupcake that is Harry is no longer available in the ways that they wished. That scared me.

His lips moved to my ear, "I'm not the first to know, there's no getting over you. I know I'm just a fool who's willing to sit around and wait for you. But baby can't you see there's nothing else for me to do, I'm hopelessly devoted to you," he sang softly. Hearing him sing our song made me shudder more causing him to pull me tighter."It'll be okay. I promise you my life, it'll be okay." When it was our turn at the check-in line he only let one arm go to lift over our bags. He never let me go once. We were soon headed off to London where everyone would see that we're together and the hate would begin to escalate. I'm not ready for this.

At least, I hope that I am.

"When I'm losing my control, the city spins around. You're the only one who knows, you slow it down....If ever there was a doubt, my love she leans into me. This most assuredly counts, she says most assuredly....It's always have and never hold. You've begun to feel like home. What's mine is yours to leave or take. What's mine is yours to make your own." - The Fray

Sign up to rate and review this story