Categories > Cartoons > 6teen

Need Help Caring For Your Cat? Check Out These Tips Today!

by jacksonchameleonfood 0 reviews

I come fromUganda

Category: 6teen - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-02-02 - 1068 words

0Unrated

There is a lot that goes into taking care of a cat. If you're a first time cat owner, or even if you've had a cat for a while, this article can help you out. Read over it carefully and you should have no problem taking better care of your cats.


Protect your cat from strangling by making sure the cords of curtains and blinds are secured and out of reach. When you make or purchase a dangly toy for your cat, be sure to supervise during play. Put the toy away if you will not be around to watch.


Watch what type of household cleaners you use around your cat, or any pet for that matter. Some cleaners contain the ingredient phenol. Phenol can cause liver damage to your pet if it is accidentally ingested. Many common cleaning products contain this chemical, including the popular brands Lysol and Pine Sol.


If you own a female cat, you should have her spayed when she is old enough. Even if she spends her time indoors, it is possible for her to escape while in heat, causing an unwanted pregnancy. Your best bet is to have your female cat spayed.


Most cats love to lounge right on your lap. As cozy as this can be, it is not always convenient. If your cat has a favorite spot, such as on your lap at the computer it can be hard to get things done. Getting a pet bed for your cat and perching it right next to your chair can help satisfy your cats need to be near you.


If you will be out of town or gone for more than a few hours, make sure to hire a pet sitter to take care of your cat. Most people think of pet sitters as necessary for only dogs, but they are important for cats too. You need someone to check in on your cat, make sure he eats and give him some love while you are away.


Think about the extra work before buying a long-haired cat. Shedding is a major issue that you will have to face. Only choose a cat with long hair if you can clean up after it consistently. Also, cats with long hair tend to have frequent hairball issues.


If you going to be gone for more than a day, you should have someone look in on your cat. Leave out plenty of food, but have someone come to make sure it doesn't run out. If you do not have a neighbor or family to look in on your cat, you can usually find a cat sitter for a few dollars each day.


If you will be away from home for a few days or longer, consider hiring a cat sitter. Some people simply leave more food and water than usual, thinking this will "get the cat by" until they return. While this is true, it does not take into account the cat's emotional needs. Loneliness and boredom can cause your pet to act out in your absence.


Understand that your cat is easily influenced by its surroundings. Cats have superior memories and will usually retain training for a lifetime. Conversely, they also retain frightening experiences and it takes them a long time to get over their fears. Be encouraging with your cat and avoid situations that scare them.


When getting a small kitten to eat dry kitten food, be patient. At first they usually just play with food. It may take a little while, but they'll eventually learn that they are supposed to eat it rather than toy with it. If the food is moistened first with milk, a kitten may take to it faster.


Keep a clean litter box. Like you, a cat will generally not use a bathroom that is filthy. Find a quiet area out of the way that the box can stay in, and don't move it unless absolutely necessary. Scoop solids out a couple time of day. Make sure to dump the whole box, wash it with a gentle detergent, and refill it once a week.


It might seem like a little much for an animal, but you should comb your cat's hair as often as possible. Combing the hair helps prevent the cat from licking loose fur and building a furball to spit up later. Different cats shed at different rates and some require a lot more maintenance than others.


Understand that all cats need exercise and https://veiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2016/01/what-your-veiled-chameleon-needs.html . Many animals like to play, and that includes humans and cats. An older cat may not be as energetic as when it was younger, but still enjoys light play. Spend some time enjoying your cat.


There are a lot of cats that are overweight. An obese cat can end up developing health problems such as arthritis or diabetes. If your cat could stand to lose a pound or two, try cutting back their food a little bit at each feeding. You can also buy some toys and encourage your cat to play and exercise.


If your female cat has recently given birth, be sure to check the kittens from time to time to be sure they are getting enough to eat. A cat, for one reason or another, sometimes does not produce enough milk for her kittens, endangering their health. If you notice the kittens crying often or trying to nurse frantically, take the mother to the vet to be sure she is producing sufficient milk for the kittens.


Brush your cat often. It really helps move natural oils around the cat's fur, and it improves blood flow. Additionally, brushing helps to expedite hair shedding. This helps prevent hairballs, which can lead to choking and other health issues.


If your dog and cat are best friends, be sure to keep them separate after flea treatment. Your dog's flea products are very hazardous for cats. Cats that come in contact with dog flea products often die. Be sure to use only cat products on your cat and only dog products on your dog.


Cats are said to be very intuitive and sometimes more helpful as companions than even other humans! If you own one, you already know this! Hopefully this article has given you answers to the questions you have about cats and set you straight on important issues. Enjoy your cat for many years to come.
Sign up to rate and review this story