Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Of Angels And Mutants

New Year's Revalations

by Axmodfred 1 review

A quite New Years the Mansion for our new couple.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cyclops, Rogue - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-08-18 - Updated: 2006-08-19 - 814 words

1Moving
( Rogue's P.o.V )

I didn't think it was really possible to lose yourself in a conversation with another person where hours fly by like minutes as they do in the movies. But I've learned it is. I feel like I've been living in a dream this past week and a half. When Scott told me he loved me I was so caught up in the rest of his statement I nearly missed it. But he kissed me.... Let absorb his thought and feelings. For the first time since my mutation manifested I felt loved and truly safe. But also lucky in weird sort of way I mean how many other girls here except Jean can honestly say they know that when their boyfriend says "I Love You" he means it or is saying it just be saying it.

Scott is definitely something different. His mind is so organized and calm. That's why I like taking his powers in a fight because with them comes a piece of him and that calms me in a fight so I don't make mistakes. Who am I kidding I like the reassurance having him in my head brings. He is the only one I've ever touched who has not tried to take over. That and his constant faith in me helps keep the others in line. I always knew Scott loved me I got that the first time I touched him. But I thought it was secondary to his love for Jean. When he kissed me it was ever think I heard a first kiss should be soft, warm and passionate. My head was spinning from his thoughts and how much we both enjoyed the kiss.

We've learned more about each other theses past few days than the entire time I've been at the Institute. I told him about my life in Mississippi with Irene, me being adopted. His past at the orphanage in St. Louis and how He lived as a runaway until Xavier found him. We shared our mutual fears that we would hurt someone badly with our powers. How we're afraid that we will never gain control of our gifts. And his that he'll fail the team and Xavier. Our similar tastes in music and our hobbies. We talked until the sun came up just about every morning since our first kiss.

Even though we talked and shared there are thing I don't know about him. I just found out this morning Scott has a hidden romantic streak. We had stayed up late last night to watch the Ball drop in Times Square with the Prof. and Mr. McCoy and didn't get to sleep until about two in the morning. I slept well just my dreams for a change and not ones from the people I've touched. I awoke to find he'd made me breakfast in bed. Scott is a tactical genius when he leads the team into battle. And I am just learning he does everything else with that same precision, intensity and attention to detail. Everything was just the way I like down to my favourite cereal. It was something totally unexpected from someone who doesn't exude spontaneity. I wonder what else he has in store for me in this relationship.

I am currently supposed to be reading a biography of Napoleon for my European History class not pondering the hidden depths of my boyfriend. He leaning back against the chair I'm sprawled across writing a report for his AP American History class. It's still just us, the Prof. and Mr. McCoy and will be for at least another day. School starts again four.

I realize I gone off again when Scott grabs my gloved hand that was tangled in his hair and kisses it. " As much as I love the feel of you running your fingers through my hair Love, I can't focus on my work. " he says with a dazzling smile. " Sorry, Ah was just thinking about the past few days and I was aware of my hand was doing." I reply feeling the heat form the blush staining my cheeks. His smile gets even wider. " They have been great haven't they. And just think the year is just beginning." I smile as he reaches up to move a few strands of my white hair out my face before he drops a slow gentle kiss on my lips just enough for me to take some of his power but no memories before turning back to his work. I smile as the warmth from his kiss and tingle from his powers spreads through my body. " You right Scott this is going to be a year to remember." I say with a smile as once I again try to focus on the open book on my lap but I can't help but wonder about the what future might hold for us all.
Sign up to rate and review this story