Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A City by the Light Divided

Chapter Seven

by MusicxisxHearts 0 reviews

Uh-oh

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-08-18 - Updated: 2006-08-19 - 539 words

0Unrated
Kylie headed for District Y, where Ray was supposed to be patrolling. There wasn't a lot to worry about in District Y, and she figured that's why her dad put Ray there. She was still worried about Pete. Everyone else seemed OK, but I'm not sure about Pete. Tonight was so...weird... She thought about how moody Pete had been and how he had hugged her.
The streets were empty, but Kylie could hear two voices. She walked close to the brick building and peered around the corner down a dark alley. Her breath caught when she saw who it was. Ray and a Dandy, dressed in the typical tan suit and tan bowler hat, stood talking underneath a streetlight. Kylie pressed herself to the building and concentrated on what they were saying.
"Where has she been lately?" the Dandy asked.
"Patrolling all over, nothing more than that. She refuses to talk to me at all about Mariano," Ray answered.
"Can't you be more specific? Mariano's looking for her, wants to take care of anyone that could stand in his way," the Dandy smirked.
"Sorry, that's all I know," Ray smiled back. "Well, I better go 'patrol' the District." With that the two walked down the alley, laughing harshly.
Kylie closed her eyes. That dirty traitor! No wonder he was always "late." I have to tell my dad. She took off walking fastly, wanting to put a good chunk of distance between herself and Ray. So I'm not safe after all, I never was...
Half an hour later, Kylie stood in the kitchen of her house facing her dad. She had just told him everything she heard from the conversation with Ray and the Dandy. Her dad rubbed his eyes and sighed.
"What is he planning that you would 'stand in the way of'?" he asked.
Kylie shrugged her shoulders, absolutely miserable. I wonder why Mariano hasn't tried to kill me before now. She sat down at the table covered with maps, papers, and other miscellaneous items. Her dad leaned against the wall and looked at his daughter. How could I have let her get into such a dangerous position? Well, there's only one thing to do...
He sighed, "I don't want you leaving this house without an escort, and no more working for The Agency right now, you need to lay low for a while."
Kylie jumped up from her seat, outraged, "Why? Won't that just make Ray more suspicious?" He can't keep me here like some kind of prisoner!
"Ray's not going to live to see the next week at this point. Besides, you don't have anywhere to go. College is over," her dad was going to make sure Ray was dead.
Kylie was furious, "That's not fair! I'm not going to be some sort of prisoner in my own home!" Ray could go crawl into a hole and die for all I care. Filthy traitor...And I have to be able to see Pete, Andy, Patrick, and Joe.
"I'm sorry Kylie," her dad wasn't sorry at all. If this is what I have to do to keep her safe, then I'll do it.
Kylie left the room with tears in her eyes. Perfect, just absolutely wonderful!
Sign up to rate and review this story