Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Lost Souls

by story_master 4 reviews

Theresa and Atlanta wake to find themselves in a very scary place.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-19 - Updated: 2006-08-19 - 1181 words

1Exciting
Theresa awoke to find herself laying on the ground. She looked around to discover that she wasn't in her room, or any place that she recognized. She tried to sit up but felt an incredible serge of pain jolt through her body so she laid back down. She tried to call out but found that her voice was gone. She looked around once more trying to clearly see her surroundings. But, all she could see was fog and pillars. She gathered her strength and lifted her pain filled body off the cold ground. She scanned the area hoping to find someone... anyone. When Theresa was looking around she saw a doorway she walked over to it and was shocked at what she found. through the door she saw herself, and she was lying next to Atlanta. They looked so.. dead. Theresa started to panic. Then everything with Cronus flooded back to her. The amulet. Her scream. The unbearable pain she felt. She sunk to the floor and felt tears stream down her cheeks. Suddenly she heard footsteps in the distance and stood up.

" Hello? Who's there?" she had found her voice. She got no reply.

She decided to see whose footsteps those were. She started to walk through the darkness towards the sound. she grabbed a torch off a wall and started down a hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Atlanta woke up to find that she was laying on a cold, black marble floor. She got up. She felt a sting of pain through her entire body but she ignored it. She looked around letting her eyes adjust to the light. She noticed she was in some sort of dark hall. It was filled with pictures and torches. She took one of the torches and looked at the pictures. She shuddered. The faces of the people in the pictures looked so... lifeless. She continued down the hall. There was no one around. She then wondered where she was.

" Hello? Is anyone here? Hello?" she called.

The only respone she recieved was her echo. She kept walking. Soon she came to a fork in the road, well hall. She heard footsteps to her left so that's the way she took. As she walked Atlanta realized she was freezing. In fact she could see her breathe. She tripped over something and fell onto the hard cold floor. Pain shot through her knees as they hit the ground. She got up. She then noticed that her torch had gone out.

" Great!" she muttered.

She continued still, trying to find her way through the darkness. Up ahead of her she could see some light. She ran towards it. It was some sort of window. She looked through it and a look of horror covered her face. There in the window she saw her body and it was next to Theresa's. Their bodies were lying there so pale and lifeless. Atlanta turned away. She couldn't bear to see it anymore. Then she started to run. She had only gotten about twenty steps when she skidded to a stop. Everything came flooding back to her. Her chasing after Theresa, their fight with Cronus, Theresa's scream, her scream, the amulet, the pain, and her last sight was Cronus. Atlanta normally wasn't the type of girl to cry at all. But now she broke down into tears. She couldn't help it. She dropped to the floor and cried. She didn't care who heard her, who saw her. A sudden noise made Atlanta hold her breathe. She turned to see who was there. When she didn't see anyone she rose from her spot on the ground. She squinted into the darkness. A light could be seen down the hall. It was coming towards her very fast. Atlanta hid behind a wall. The figure carrying the torch emerged from the hall. Atlanta jumped on the figure, wrestling them to the ground.

" Who are you? Where am I? Where are my friends?" she screamed at the still unvisable person.

The torch rolled beside them and Atlanta gasped in shock at who she had attacked.

" Theresa?" she asked, her voice a whisper.

" Atlanta!" Theresa cried.

The two friends hugged each other. They were so happy to find someone.

" Where are we?" Atlanta asked as they got up from the ground.

" I don't know. All I do know is this place scares me." she replied, shivering.

" Yeah I know what you mean by scary. I just saw this window thing and through it I saw us. Only we were..." she trailed off.

" Dead? Lifeless?" Theresa finished her sentence for her.

" Yeah. I also found these weird and totally creepy old paintings. The people in them looked so frightened and dead." Atlanta shivered again.

" My PMR! I'll call the guys!" Theresa said excitedly.

" Good idea!" Atlanta agreed with the same enthusiasm.

" Jay? Archie? Herry? Odie? Neil? Anyone?" she called into her PMR.

Theresa all of a sudden dropped her Pmr to the ground. It smashed into a million pieces. She was having a vision. She was talking to Persephone.

" Theresa I'm glad I could contact you." she started.

" Contact me? What do you mean? Why can I control what's happening in my vision?" Theresa asked confused.

" This isn't a vision. I've managed to cantact your soul." Persephone answered.

" My soul!? What do you mean?" she asked, now more confused than ever.

" When Cronus used the amulet on you and Atlanta it stole your souls. You are now in another realm known as the Shadow Realm. Your bodies remain alive but barely. Jay and Archie are trying to enter the Shadow Realm and bring you back. I will be able to contact you through these visions. You and Atlanta must remain strong. And whatever you do stay away from the Keeper of the Souls. If he catches you there is no hope to bring you back. He where's a black cloak and he floats above the ground. I must go now this has drained my power. Remember to stay strong and stay away from the Keeper." Persephone said.

Theresas vision ended. She was laying on the floor. Atlanta was shaking her shoulders and calling her name.

" Theresa! Theresa! Are you okay? Can you hear me?" she called.

" Atlanta?" Theresa called as she sat up.

" Are you okay? What happened?" Atlanta's eyes were filled with concern for her best friend.

" I had a vision. Well sort of." Thersa explained as her friend helped her off the ground.

" A vision? What happened." Atlanta asked.

" Well..." Theresa told everything that she saw.

" Wow." was all Atlanta could say.

The two friends sat there for a while letting everything sink in. Their thoughts were interupted by a harsh voice.

" Hey! You two! What do you think you're doing?!" it shouted.
~*~

Who does this voice belong to? Is it the Keeper of the Souls? Will they ever be rescued? Are they doomed to be trapped in the Shadow Realm forever? Read the next chapter to find out what happens next.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked it. Please R+R and constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story