Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > all for the family

3

by ahava 1 review

chapter 3

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-08-19 - Updated: 2006-08-19 - 1090 words

0Unrated
~Sophie's POV~
I woke up myself startled out of my sleep and looked at the clock on my night table. The red numbers read 12:45! I probably forgot to set my alarm the night before; suddenly I was aware of the complete silence of the house. My head snapped in the direction of Benji's side of the bed only to find it empty and a note lying on his pillow.
"I took the kids out for breakfast and to the park. We'll be back in a couple of hours. Have the morning off and get a massage or something. I love you,
Benji.
(ps: I really do love you.)"
I couldn't hold back a smile; yet sigh at the same time. He wasn't going to make this divorce thing easy. Benji was a fighter, one that never gives up. It really showed when Sim was born and its thanks to him the child was even alive. But I couldn't help but think that once I agreed to forget the divorce, things were gonna go back to how they were. I mean, what if he was just sucking up? Nah...Benji's not a suck up. Ok well maybe he is a little... Fine, so he's a huge suck up and I'm a major pushover. How do you think we happened? Although, I gotta give the guy credit. He did a hell of a job making me fall in love with him.
I'll never forget how we met, on a stopover flight to London. I was taking a connecting flight to Israel to visit extended family and he was meeting his band there. Basically the woman sitting next to him demanded that the punk sit somewhere else. That somewhere else happened to be the seat next to mine. So I got to sit next t the kid with a pink spot in his hair. I caught him staring at me more than once before introducing himself and starting to 'charm' me, as he liked to say. Needless to say, it didn't take much since he was so fucking cute and those dimples and eyes won me over in seconds. Well, for the most part. He told me straight out that I was the most beautiful girl he'd ever met, and being in a band he'd met many. That was probably not the best thing to say to a girl you're hitting on. I remember the exact line he'd used.
"Did it hurt?"
"What?" I asked in confusement.
"When you fell from heaven. Did it hurt?"
I gotta tell you, it was the stupidest thing anyone has ever said to me. Three weeks later, we met in JFK and he asked me out and it pretty much went on from there. We dated for seven months before I got pregnant when I lost my virginity to him. I was 19, he was 22. The night after I told him I was pregnant, he proposed and we were married before two months were over.
I sighed, pushing the memories to the back of my mind and decided to follow up on Benji's suggestion and get a massage. Cuz damn, I needed one.
When I got home a couple of hours later, I found the three kids eating ice cream at the kitchen table and watching cartoons on tv, but Benji was nowhere in sight.
"Momma! Daddy took us to Dennyyyyyyyyyyyy's!" Sim squealed. "And to the park!"
"He gave me a real under doggie." Tayala grinned happily. "Not like Uncle Joel's."
"Yeah, he fake cried when she told him."Sim giggled. Zeke giggled too and stuffed a fistful of melted ice cream in his own face.
"Joel's here?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Some'un say m'name?" Joel yawned coming in and scratching his head. "Oh, hey Soph Soph."
"Where's Benji?"
"Upstairs." He shrugged. "He called me to watch these runts for a while cuz he needed alone time."
"Kay, thanks." I nodded. "Watch em for a little longer?"
"Sure, I love these rats." He said kissing Sim's head. "But, uh, don't bother him. When he wants to be alone, he means it. Take it from me, I'm his twin."
"And I'm his wife." I said heading up to my room. The door was open a crack and I peeked in, my heart almost breaking at the sight of him sitting on the bed, his knees drawn to his chest, watching home videos, fiddling with my wedding and engagement rings, a few stray tears running down his face. I swallowed and knocked on the door before going in. He scrambled off the bed, stuffing the rings in his pocket, and wiping the tears off his face harshly.
"Hi." He mumbled shutting off the tv.
"Hey." I whispered sitting down on my side of the bed and kicking off my shoes.
"I...uh..." he fidgeted uncomfortably.
"How were the kids?" I asked.
"Great." He said shortly.
"You didn't give Sim anything chocolate, right? Cuz-"
"...He's allergic." He finished for me. "No, he made some weird peanut butter maple syrup thing for his waffles. I wasn't sure if I should let him eat it, but he said you let..."
"Yeah, it's called Gurply." I told him. "We have a jar f it in the cabinet. He concocted it last year."
"He's a genius kid."
"I know."
"And Tayala's gorgeous. I freaked out every time any guy would look at her."
"Yeah." I smiled.
"And Zeke's a terror."
"Yeah." I groaned, knowing exactly what he was talking about.
"He threw a syrup covered pancake at a waitress."
"Shit, really?"
"Yea, it wasn't pretty."
"That kid will make one hell of a teenager."
Benji smiled a little. "Uh...I was just...getting my stuff..."
"Where're you going?" I asked in surprise.
"I just thought I'd uh, move into the basement... cuz you know... its only right since we're...."he looked up at me hopefully, probably expecting me to say that I changed my mind and that he should stay.
"Yeah..." I choked. "Right, you're right. Of course, I... yeah...."
He nodded and went around collecting his things.
"Benji," I said suddenly before he left.
"Yeah?" he looked back at me, still hopeful.
"I, uh..." I wanted to tell him that I loved him. That even though we were going through all this shit, I still loved him and that I was sorry. But all that came out was: "Do you need help?"
"No." he whispered. "Thank you, I can manage."
I just nodded and watched him leave.

[A/N: reviews are nice]
Sign up to rate and review this story