Categories > Cartoons > 6teen

How To Improve Your Blood Sugar Control

by Lysgaard87Berry 0 reviews

I come fromSouth Africa

Category: 6teen - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2016-02-27 - 1068 words

0Unrated

A diagnosis of diabetes is probably amongst one of the hardest ones to swallow. With no cure, and a plethora of treatments that must be done on a daily basis it can be overwhelming. Don't be overwhelmed though. With the right knowledge it is a very manageable disease, and one can live quite a normal life.

You can make a sandwich into a lettuce wrap, or even use it on a burger as a bun, but have you thought of doing a hot dog wrap? If you buy preservative-free hot dogs for a once-a-month treat, wrap them in a piece of lettuce to make them a bit healthier!

Diabetics should increase the amount of fiber in their diet to help lose weight and keep regular. Fiber also has been shown to not raise blood sugar after a meal, so it can fill you up without giving you a sugar spike. There are many fruit and vegetables which have high fiber, so try to include them in your regular meals.

Diabetics MUST visit their doctor regularly to keep tabs on their blood sugar, weight, and medications. Your physician might know of a new treatment that could be useful to you, or see something in your blood work that indicates there is a problem. Having your doctor weigh you will also give you an accurate measurement of how well you're keeping your weight under control.

Want a tasty treat that won't be forbidden by your doctor due to your Diabetes? Try nachos! Use a low fat cheese, low fat sour cream, homemade guacamole, and salsa, and you'll be getting a ton of nutrition with a burst of flavor. If you add some beans to the salsa you'll have an even healthier snack!

Increasing http://diabetesdestroyers.biz/ of magnesium is not only good for your heart, it can help your diabetes too! You can find lots of magnesium in fish, leafy greens, and nuts, so include those items in your diet as often as possible. Almonds are an excellent choice to grab as a snack any time.

A Diabetic needs to take responsibility for their condition and their treatment. Therefore, it is up to you to ensure that you know absolutely everything there is to know about Diabetes. Keep up on the latest developments in medical journals so you can ask your physician for any care you think might assist you.

To deal with the foot swelling that many with diabetes suffer from, always buy shoes one size larger and wider than you would normally wear. In the morning, pair your shoes with thick cotton socks, and switch to a thinner pair of socks when your feet swell later in the day.

If you're looking for a fitness class to help you lose weight to deal with your Diabetes, try the hospital! They often offer aerobics classes for people with various issues, like seniors or the morbidly obese, or regular fitness classes through outreach programs. Ask your doctor to find out if these are available to you or apply directly.

The Dispensary of Hope can provide you with your Diabetes medications at a discount as long as you can prove that you are in financial distress and are uninsured. You can contact them through their website (dispensaryofhope.org) for more information on programs in your area, and how you can get qualified for their services.

Make wise decisions in your choices for treating to low glucose levels. If your levels are less than 70 milligrams per deciliter, the ADA advises you to consume a food or drink with about 15 grams of sugars. Opt for something that can easily and quickly be absorbed by your body, such as hard candy or jellybeans.

If you have diabetes, beware of certain diabetes supplements. People think these supplements will help control their diabetes symptoms when some of them can actually raise blood glucose or insulin levels. A good rule of thumb to follow when you have diabetes is to not take anything unless your doctor has approved it.

If you suffer from diabetes, a great tip is to replace your soft drinks with green tea. This will help you cut the calories and carbohydrates from your drinks, and they are very healthy for you. Research is mixed as to whether green tea can directly lower your blood sugar, but nevertheless, green tea is an excellent substitute drink for other unhealthy drinks.

If you have a family history of diabetes, make sure to have your blood sugar and insulin levels checked at least twice a year. Research has shown that people with a family history of diabetes are at a much higher risk of developing the condition than those with not family history of it.

It is always best to tell potential employers that you are diabetic, even though by law they cannot bar you from employment simply for having this condition. Also, you do not have to disclose any medical conditions during the hiring process.

Many diabetics feel harassed by loved ones who are always inquiring about their blood sugars and testing habits. Instead of becoming frustrated or resentful, sit down with the other person and clearly identify what steps they can take in order to more effectively contribute to managing your condition. Chances are, the other person is not trying to irritate you, but instead is looking for ways to help out.

When you are diabetic your insurance will normally pay for blood testing equipment you can use in the privacy of your own home to manage your condition. Make sure you go over all of the manufacturer's directions to ensure that you are properly taking care of your very important equipment.

If you struggle with diabetes, be sure to check your glucose levels carefully after any intense exercise. Your body can burn glucose for up to twenty four hours after you have done rigorous exercise. If your body does not have enough sugar readily available, it will begin to take sugar from your bloodstream, resulting in low blood sugar .

Educating yourself on the various types of diabetes and their risk factors, causes, symptoms and treatments, can help you to manage the disease if you've already been diagnosed with it or to recognize its onset, if you contract it in the future. Find out all you need to know about this serious but manageable disease through the tips, information and advice presented in this article.
Sign up to rate and review this story