Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Reason to Dance

Chapter Three

by Tataru 1 review

Kagome's ex-boyfriend causes a career ending injury, sending Kagome back to Japan. Can she heal her heart as well as her body?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Miroku, Naraku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 3775 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three

Kagome stared at Inuyasha in horror as he offered her the crop. Was he crazy? She was not going to hit him!

"Go on, Kag, you don't know what you're missing." He gave her a lusty wink and pressed the ridding crop into her hand that had suddenly gone numb. Kagome's eyes grew impossibly large as she watched Inuyasha sliding his jacket off.

Sesshomaru watched with amusement, was it possible for her face to go any redder then it was now. Inuyasha stripped off his shirt. Yes, it was possible it seemed.

Kagome took one look at Inuyasha's well-built chest and let out a small 'eep' before fleeing the scene, the riding crop flying through the air behind her.

Sesshomaru smirked and followed the fleeing woman.

~*~

Kagome burst through the door of the 'dungeon' and she sneered to herself. 'What in the fifth level of hell possessed me to come here, I KNOW Hiten! For the love of Kami, I AM AN IDIOT!'

Kagome battled with her inner voice as she made her way over to a nice dark booth, perfect for hiding her obviously embarrassed face. She was sure that everyone in the place could feel the temperature rise just from her hot skin alone.

She felt someone sit beside her and she jumped at the unexpected presence.

"You okay?" It was odd to him that she could be so wrapped up in her thoughts that she was oblivious to everything else around her. Didn't she realize he was right behind her?

Placing a hand over her heart, she took a few deep breaths while trying not to laugh.

"You just surprised me is all." She gave him a heart-warming smile, she was glad he followed her; she did not want to be alone.

Sesshomaru ordered their drinks before turning his attention back to her. She was back to her calm self; her embarrassment over the riding crop seemed forgotten for the moment. Should he ask her about it? She did look very cute when she blushed. Oh what the hell.

"Soooo...not into bondage I take it?" He smiled at her as she went red again, she was too easy.

"I've never been so embarrassed in my life." She dropped her head into her hands and, growled?? Such a mean sound coming from such a cutie was surprising. He laughed again at her, she was just too cute.

She looked up at the laugh and met his eyes, such gorgeous eyes. Wait! Was he laughing at her? She growled at him. It was silly of her, but still. She had not expected to be presented with a riding crop and a submissive Inuyasha. No matter how many fantasies she had about him that one never presented itself. She blushed and then laughed with him. It had been funny.

The server returned with their drinks and Sesshomaru slid hers over to her. Cherry coke, complete with cherry. He was about to ask her something when his attention was caught by what she was doing. She ate the cherry and then popped the stem in her mouth. In less then five seconds she had spit out the tied stem into her palm, she looked at it before dropping it onto the table then looked at him. The notoriously emotionless man was looking at the little cherry stem with what looked like a little embarrassment of his own. She looked at the stem and realized why he would look like that and she laughed, a little embarrassed. She could imagine what he was thinking of her at that moment.

When she had looked at him and then down to the cherry he knew he was caught. He was imagining her using that expertise, everywhere. Now it was his turn to feel embarrassed. He dropped his gaze to his drink. Both of them feeling a little embarrassed and trying to figure out why. It was not as if they were dating or anything.

Sesshomaru recovered first, starting a conversation that would be easy for them. High School Daze. She laughed as they fell into easy conversations about their friends and high school life. It was one thing they had in common after all, having known each other for years, and knowing all the same people.

His senior year was the most eventful. That was the year that he had received special recognition from the Judo Fight Team for having been School Champion all four years. In addition, that same year Kagome became co-captain of the Cheerleading Squad. Also, the same year Inuyasha and Koga almost were expelled for destroying the lunchroom in a fight, as always, over Kagome. Inuyasha had lost his car for the rest of the school year and all of summer break because of it.

Thinking back on that he had been annoyed, he had to give his brother, Kikyo and Kagome a ride to school everyday, but he also remembered how upbeat and sunshiny Kagome would be in the mornings, the exact opposite of Inuyasha. She would always thank him for the ride when they got to school. Man, how could he have been so blind then? He was always so irritated with the whole situation that he never paid any mind to her. She was just his stupid little brothers girlfriends duplicate.

But then again she wasn't. As she talked about the, how she put it, stupid pranks her and her cheer squad pulled, he thought about everything he could remember about her.

He remembered the first day he met her. It was Inuyasha's thirteenth birthday and their father had finally agreed to let him have a catered party complete with DJ and a dance floor. There were so many kids there younger than Sesshomaru that he had retreated to his bedroom for some peace and quiet. Even though he was not that much older then Inuyasha, he felt like it.

His little brother had gone on and on about the girls at school, especially Kikyo and Kagome, whom Sesshomaru noticed had been happily by his little brother's side the whole day. He could not get himself a drink or something to eat or even go to the bathroom without bumping into the three of them.

Their father had made Sesshomaru come out of his room long enough to sing happy birthday to his little brother and watch him blow out his candles. With a birthday wish of getting a kiss from the first twin to catch him, Inuyasha turned and ran into the house, closely followed by Miroku. Something in that wish told him Miroku was the little pervert behind it.

Finally gaining an annoyed dismissal from his father, Sesshomaru returned to the solitude of his room.

Laughter rang through the house as the girls tried repeatedly to corner him, conspiring together, and stalking their prey. When they cornered him on the second floor, he ran into the first available door, not paying attention to where he was or where he was going. They had ended up in Sesshomaru's bedroom, on Sesshomaru's bed, on Sesshomaru.

When the struggling ended, Sesshomaru had a wide-eyed panting Kagome straddling him, a deep red blush spread over her cheeks at her realization that she had just kissed her targets older brother.

Kikyo had gone into a fit of hysterics chanting 'I won, I won, I won' over and over again. When Sesshomaru looked at his little brother he could have sworn there was a look of disappointment. Sesshomaru had to pick Kagome up off himself since she had been shocked into stillness, still looking at him wide eyed as if she was thinking any second now he was going to kill her.

His attention brought back to the present by said girl when he was presented with Kagome's cherry. "Want to try it? Just once?" She had an evil glint to her eyes as she smirked at him seductively. Was she trying to....? Well, he had never seen this side of her before. Could be fun.

He eyed the cherry and then her before replying. "Sure, I'll take your cherry."

Her eyes widened and she blushed again as he bit the cherry off the stem she was holding for him. Now why would she blush at that? She couldn't be. Could she? She certainly acted innocent enough at times, but how could she be being around Inuyasha and Miroku? Surely, they both would have been with her by now. Wouldn't they?

She could not have fought the blush if she tried. She berated herself inwardly that it was so easy for him to get this kind of a reaction. And damn if that little statement of his and her reaction to it just screamed VIRGIN.

Damn she felt giddy all of a sudden. They needed to leave soon, this dark secluded booth and the loud music was tempting her to be just a little naughty. Would he? Was he the least bit interested? She wasn't sure. She had it bad for Inuyasha for so long, must be guys with silvery white hair maybe? The strangest part, she didn't feel intimidated by him like everyone else was, she felt...safe.

Even if he was giving her that sexy smirk, damn he was hot. This right here, this was why he was on that damn list that was still in her yearbook. She giggled as he took the stem into his mouth from her fingers and quick as could be, produced a perfect knot.

"Wow." She giggled again and blushed, again. Her blush was not lost on him, he loved it. He let his eyes trail down her open blouse, wondering just how much of her body that blush covered.

"Soooooooo, what have you been doing with yourself lately?" She thought they had better stick to safer topics or she would end up kissing him, and damn, she wanted to be mauled just a little too much by him right now.

Hiding in her room had probably not been the best course of action. She enjoyed being social too much for that kind of seclusion and now here was the result of that. She needed to fix this and quick or her vow of chastity would be null and void.

He caught on to her tactics quickly and inwardly grinned. With his looks he was never short compliments or offers for dates. He liked the fact Kagome had not thrown herself at him. He had wondered long ago, what a real relationship with someone who was not out for his fathers money. Or to have him attached to them like a prized show dog would be like.

He mentally punched himself. He had been in her company again for only a few hours after not laying eyes on her for years and he was actually entertaining ideas of a relationship? He eyed his drink suspiciously, did someone slip him something?

They talked about his classes and how he felt he was better qualified to teach the class then his professors, well most of them anyway. Kagome had rolled her eyes at him when he made the comment; he had always been rather full of himself at times. No one could say that Sesshomaru Taishou lacked confidence. She envied that. Everything that she did required her to give herself a pep talk before actually doing it.

He asked about her plans and she told him about her dreams of building a dance studio and teaching dance after her dance career. She wanted to be onstage and had dreams of performing in Cats. He saw how her eyes turned sad at the statement.

"But that was before the injury so once I'm healed I'll probably just teach. My doctor said I might not be able to return to dancing like I was, the stress would be too much for my ankle." She had said this so quickly that he almost missed some of it. When she asked if they could get out of there he knew better than to ask her about her injury. If she wanted to tell him she would, he did not want her uncomfortable around him.

"I know the perfect place." He took out his cell phone and dialed Inuyasha's number, waiting and waiting for the baka to pick up.

"This better be someone sweet and sexy." Inuyasha's trademark 'hello'.

"Depends on who you ask." Was Sesshomaru's sarcastic reply.

"What's up? Where not leaving yet are we?" Inuyasha's normally cocky voice became a whine in a heartbeat. Sesshomaru smirked at the change before continuing.

"Actually, little brother, I was planning on leaving you and your friends here for a while and taking Kagome out for coffee. You can call us when you're ready to be picked up."

Inuyasha whooped and hung up the phone without a further reply. Guess that made his night.

Kagome was ready to get out of there and quick. The thumping music and the thoughts of her injury where giving her a light headache, something coffee would certainly fix. Maybe even something chocolaty to go with it. She smiled up at Sesshomaru as he offered her a hand up, her first few steps were painful, she had been up longer today then she had the last two weeks but the pain and stiffness lessened with each step.

The quiet coolness of the outside was welcome relief after the stuffy heat of the Club. Both of them breathed the freshness in greedily, smiling at each other's shared enjoyment. They both seemed to share the same feeling about stuffy loud clubs.

Within a few minutes, they had pulled into an all night coffee shop and drive-thru, The Hip Drip. It was too early to be swamped, which usually occurred when the clubs closed down and people were still looking for a cool place to hang out.

Kagome liked this place, it had an American 50's look to it, she was reminded of the movie Grease. They had great coffee names like Rizo Chai and Dean Martchocolate. And the best part was the brownies. Not just plain brownies. Brownies with no less then four different types of chocolate in them, from chunks to fudge, very messy and very yummy. The one stop shop for a chocoholic attack.

Kagome ordered the Death by Chokolate Deluxe. Enough for two and smothered in fudge and cream.

"So where would you like to go? Your wish is my command."

Kagome smiled at him before putting on an over exaggerated air of dignity, commanding him to drive her to Shikon Point. Sesshomaru liked her more and more. Shikon Point was one of the few places you could still go parking without being chased off by the local law enforcement for loitering and afforded a great view of the city.

It was still early enough that the amount of vehicles in the popular spot was at a minimum. They found a space off to themselves and partially hidden by some trees but provided a spectacular view of the western part of the city. She could still see the shrine but not the Taisho house, which was a bit further out in the nicer area of town.

Kagome made to open their bags when Sesshomaru stopped her and told her to wait a moment. He hopped out and busied himself with something in the trunk area before making his way to the front of the vehicle. She watched as he tossed a thick blanket over the hood.

This was bad, he was doing an incredibly romantic thing, and they were not even on a real date. Or where they? Sure felt like one.

When he opened her door, she was unsure of what she should do. She did not want the embarrassment of ambling up onto the hood of the car in her state; she would surely fall on her butt. However, Sesshomaru already had a plan; he simply picked her up and placed her on the hood himself. Kagome really liked all the manhandling and he was making a habit of it.

He climbed onto the hood with an ease that told her he did this often. And with the blanket that seemed designed to not slide off the hood when you moved around
begged the question if this was the beginning of his usual seduction. The thought made her a bit nervous and she wondered for a moment if it had been a good idea to come all the way out here in the first place.

Sesshomaru stretched out, curling his arms under his head as he leaned back against the cool windshield. He felt more relaxed at that moment then he had all day. He turned his attention to Kagome and noticed that she looked a bit nervous. Why would she look nervous? This place was her idea.

"What's wrong, Kagome?" Sesshomaru asked. "You okay?"

She looked at him and saw the concern and her nervousness melted away. "Oh I was just worried about eating all these calories." She lied lamely.

He didn't buy it but he let it go. He sat up and took out their brownie. It was huge and they both laughed when they saw it came with two cherries, would the cherries never end. He hadn't seen this many cherries in his whole life!

She laughed as she plucked a plump cherry from the dessert, looking up at him she giggled. "Does this look like a sign to you?" She said it jokingly but he detected something else in her eyes, but maybe that was his own hopes.

Sesshomaru reached into the bag for spoons and napkins and came up empty. He looked at Kagome to find her already dipping her fingers into the chocolate sauce and into her mouth, sucking away at the little digit till it was clean before taking a sip of coffee. Sesshomaru shrugged. When in Rome, and joined in.

They continued talking for what seemed like hours. The brownie was gone and all that remained was some fudge sauce and whipped cream.

Their conversation had died down and they had spent the last few moments in companionable silence. The lights below twinkled prettily and cast enough light for Sesshomaru to admire the lithe beauty beside him. She was the first girl to ever spend this much time in his presence and not attempt to act like a would-be perfect mate. She did none of those things that annoyed him most. Eating daintily and primly or only eating a few tiny bites and claiming to be full. She actually ate more of the brownie then he did and had slapped his hand away from the best part. She was natural and easy going, open and honest. It led his mind down many different roads and possibilities.

He watched her swirl her finger around the dish, capturing any allusive fudge that remained. He must have transmitted his thought or they were clear on his face for she offered up her fudged finger to him. His eyes met hers and he opened his mouth, making no move to lean towards her. She didn't seem to mind as she leaned in and placed her finger in his waiting mouth. He rewarded her for her effort by his gentle sucking. His tongue finding and removing every bit of the sweet treat.

He watched her reaction and enjoyed the heated look in her eyes as they hooded slightly, her eyes never leaving his mouth. If he only knew what he was doing to her at that moment.

Kagome's belly rushed with heat. He was seducing her and she knew it. Maybe it was just his charm or maybe it was the fact she had been without any kind of caresses or touches. She was so starved for attention she didn't know. It felt so good to be touched. And her ego was more then flattered that the one giving her such attentions was Sesshomaru. His cool eyes the color of warm honey, melted her.

Her voice finally found her, huskier then usual but she didn't seem to notice it. "I think you got it all, Sesshomaru." Those cool eyes met her heated ones for an eternity before sliding down her face and resting on her mouth. He was going to kiss her, and she was going to let him.

"Not all of it." He said throatily. The tension had a firm hold of him as well. He moved in close to her face, his cologne subtle and masculine. Her eyes slid shut when she felt the heat of his breath on her face. She felt his warm moist tongue at the corner of her mouth, his lips feathering against the side of hers gently, she resisted the urge to turn her mouth fully to his and taste him, choosing instead to let him explore her at his leisure, she didn't want her eagerness to rush anything and ruin this.

His fingers gently caressed her throat, a delightful tickle that teased her skin. Sesshomaru moved to cover her lips with his own.

The ring tone of Kiss's "Rock and Roll all Nite" blared quit loudly and destroyed the peace of the night so suddenly that both Sesshomaru and Kagome leapt back from each other faster then two teenagers caught in the act by daddy.

Sesshomaru caught Kagome's flailing arms as she nearly tumbled off the hood and dragged her back to safety. Breathing heavily he made sure she was steady before reaching for his phone. He flipped it open and read the caller ID. It was Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha, do I have to beat you to get you to leave my damn phone alone?" Sesshomaru growled out at him. Inuyasha seemed to have the ability to locate the damn thing and change his ring tones or leave nasty pictures on it or reprogram it in every language on earth at one time or another and nothing he did could stop him. Even when programmed with a password. If he was so damn computer savvy, why couldn't he get a damn job?

A very drunk Inuyasha was on the other end, and attempted vainly to let him know he was ready to be picked up. Sesshomaru gave him no answer and hung up, turning down the ringer volume as he did.

The moment was broken but it didn't end badly. Kagome put Sesshomaru's mood to right again, when she giggled. Her eyes alight with mirth. He helped her down, back into the vehicle, and cleaned up quickly before heading back into town. The trip made in silence, neither knowing quit what to say to the other.
Sign up to rate and review this story