Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lover I Don't Have To Love

Chapter Two: Ginger Haired Boys For The Loud Mouthed Girls

by AshleyChaotic 4 reviews

If we try hard enough I'm sure we could forget it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-22 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 1379 words

1Funny
Author's Note: This one isn't that long, since I'm writing inbetween my dad using the computer, and finishing homework. Yay for mulitasking.
I wanna thank all the people who reviewed the first chapter. Made me feel all special inside.

Enjoy.




"Everyone back the FUCK up and make ONE god DAMN line!" Sydney yelled, standing on a chair behind the table, holding a poster to her mouth like a megaphone. No one moved, and the crowd yelled random profanities. I walked up behind her, as she stepped down from the chair, nearly backing up into me.

"Whoa Syd!" I said, as she quickly whirled around greeting me with an agitated face. Her blue eyes seemed to be bluer than usual. This meant two things. She was pissed. Or she was sad. She turned back to the crowd and pointed the latest Fall Out Boy poster at a tall, scrawny, red headed boy who seemed to be conducting the rage at the booth.

"You will get your FUCKING shirt when I get ONE god damn LINE," she leaned up closer to the boy, "Ginger," she said in a dangerous low tone, "back up."

She was pissed.

"Bitch," the boy said as he backed up, and the first mob of teenagers followed.

Sydney smiled triumphantly, but it faded quickly as she turned back to me. Just like Ginger, she pointed the poster in my face, making me go crossed eyed, but I focused back on her.

"What the HELL?!" She yelled, throwing the poster behind her, sending the buttons and patches in all directions. Some of the kids laughed at the show she was putting on. I grabbed her wrist and started to pull her out of the booth, but she pulled away making me lunge forward a bit. "We've got customers Aaryn," she turned to the crowd, "not like you care anyways."

"Syd...I-" she stuck her hand in my face, stopping me mid sentence.

"I don't even want to know." Even though she was a whole four inches shorter than me, she made me feel like a clown midget. Embarrassed of my life and short.

"Where's Fluer?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Are you kidding me?" she looked at me in disbelieve, "She TOLD you that she needed tonight off for person business, and that's WHY you were supposed to be HERE on TIME."

With a small stuttered, oh, I stepped up to the table to help the Ginger haired boy. He had a smirk on his face. "Poor you," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Fuck you."

His mouth opened wide and put his hand over it. "Did I offended you sexy?"

"I don't HAVE to help you," I warned.

He shrugged. "Thought it was worth a try. Can I get a that pink shirt with the lyrics written on it?" He winked and pointed at the shirt. I went to the boxes and grabbed the largest size I could find. Shoving it into his pale hands he unfolded it and glared at it as if it were Sydney two seconds ago. "Can I get a small?"

"No. Next!" I pointed to the petite girl standing behind him as I brushed my bangs out of my face. With a dirty look, he marched away, cursing like a sailor on all seven seas.

The rest of the night was filled with tension. We stood there and only talked when the kids asked questions that needed to be answered or when the other was in the way by saying a low 'excuse me'. As the line or more like mob, became two or three kids who just wondered around waiting to get to talk to the bands, we started to pack up all the merchandize in the boxes. Sydney grabbed a stack of shirts and dumped them into the box, causing the box to tip over a little, but kicked it back straight. Sighing, I started to fold some shirts and stacked them nicely for Syd to be able to easily put them back in boxes...and maybe ease her up a bit. With her short blonde and brown hair bouncing in her little ponytail, she walked up to the stack glared at it, took her glare to me, then picked up the shirts and repeated what she did with the other shirts. So much for easing her up.

She'd have to talk to me sooner or later. I mean, we've been friends since high school, and not once did we go even a day without talking to each other, but this was stupid. She was treating this as if I left her the whole night by herself. I was only gone for an hour or so after the set ended. If anyone should be mad, I should be, for getting embarrassed in front of mindless, brainwashed teenagers. Feeling the heat release from my ears, I folded some more shirts and repeated what I did. Syd came over, but this time with a slight smirk on her face, but then quickly turned it into a frown. Picking up the shirts she giggled a little, making me more frustrated than I already was, but let it pass over my shoulder. I went over to put away some posters, but she quickly grabbed the tube container from me and put them in another box, laughing.

Frustrated, I turned to her. "What's SO funny?"

"You," she laughed.

ME?

"Me? What's so funny about ME being angry Syd?" I asked defensively.

"Cause you're angry, since you think I'm angry with you," she laughed as she started to stack the boxes.

Confused, I raised one of my eyebrows, "Aren't you?"

"Not anymore."

I left out a sigh, no more like, a gasp of relief. "Then what was that whole scene with the shirts about?!"

She shook her head, "I just enjoy annoying you." Just like Pete... and everyone else on this tour. "You take everything so seriously."

I let out a heartily laugh. "I know...but who would if I didn't?"

"Psh, sure as hell I won't." She folded her arms across her chest and nodded with her statement.

"Neither would Fluer," I added.

"So that's why we need your serious-hard working-determined-gettingsomefrompetewentz-gorgeous-ass here!"

My mouth dropped open. "What was that last part?" I asked in disbelief.

She pushed a box with her foot with all the other boxes. "Gorgeous ass here?"

I rolled my eyes. "We just went to have a talk."

Now it was her turn to look at me in disbelief. "Since when did running off laughing count as going to have a talk?"

I blushed and looked to the floor, but that couldn't hide the grin that stuck to my face. I peeled off the display posters and started to roll them. Sydney held the tube out for me and smiled at me. She was begging for details. I shook my head and replied, "What goes on between me and Pete, is between me and Pete."

She frowned, but she knew I'd end up telling her about it later tonight. I shoved the rolled up poster into the tube and she shut it with a click of the round top.

"So..." she began, I looked into her icy blue eyes, "did you talk about...you know."

I felt my heart stop for a split second. "No."

Jessica threw up her hands in exclamtion. "Then when are you going to?!"

"I don't know."

"If this is his some kind of joke Aaryn, you know I'll-" I quickly cut her off.

"Sydney, I know!"

She came over and put her hand on my shoulder. "I just don't wanna see you get hurt by another one of those... artistic, yeah-I-know-I'm-hot-but-tell-me-anyways, guys."

"I'm not stupid," I said bluntly.

"I know you're not."

Awkward silence seem to fall around the booth as the words came from her mouth. Seemed like it's been following me today. We spent a few more seconds staring at each other, then went back to our tasks.

The sound of a breaking bottle and heavy shuffled foot steps growing louder towards us broke the lingering uncomfortable sheet of silence.

My eyes opened wide, and I guess my expression was a lot worse than I thought since Sydney's was twice as bad.

"What was that?"
Sign up to rate and review this story