Categories > Original > Drama

Paths

by NyeWolfe 0 reviews

Everyone enjoys telling stories from their past. However, if we had the ability to travel back and re watch it, should we?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-03-25 - 464 words - Complete

0Unrated
It’s strange, watching yourself grow up. Knowing the decisions you will make before you make them. Watching as the paths mold you into the man you are now. How far back will this time machine take me, I wonder? This shall be an event I’ll never forget.

Finally the machine has slowed down. It looks as though this shall be my first stop. I-I remember this school. I was ten when I started fifth grade here. The memories of this place are flooding back to me. Mrs. Simpson, what a kooky lady. I can’t believe I found her funny. She had a good heart though.

This classroom was filled with young minds. Minds like Lanna, the first girl I ever fell for. She had this laugh that would light up the room. A fight? Oh, that’s right; this was the first time I was bullied. This is the part where Daniel punches me in the nose and I faint. Wait, I’m getting up? That’s strange, I don’t remember fighting back.

No, don’t skip this. I wanted to watch the rest of the fight. Why did the time machine start by itself? Now where am I? High school? This must be January 3rd. This is the day I asked Lanna to go out with me. Why did it stop here? Man, I was anxious about it. Sweaty palms and a cracked voice, I must have been out of my mind. Luckily she said yes.

Here she comes; I remember it was the longest moment of my life... Wait... This isn’t right. Why is Daniel here? He never stayed late after school. Is he starting another fight with me? No Daniel, stay away! Don’t do this! Not now! I have to see her! Don’t you understand Daniel? I have to marry her! Run! Why am I not running? Don’t stay and fight, run! Why am I fighting back? Stop pummeling him! You already knocked Daniel out! You’re going to kill him! That’s not how it happened. None of this is supposed to happen! No, Lanna, don’t look at me like that. Don’t look at me with such disgust. Please, don’t leave. I need you.

Why is it so dark? Oh, my eyes are closed. Why are my eyes so heavy? I can’t seem to open them. Am I, am I slipping away? What happened? That path was not mine. Not mine? Who am I? No, no, no, no. Remember. I’ve got to remember who I am. My name is…my name is. What was my name again? I’m scared. I don’t want to stop existing. I don’t want to stop. I don’t want…
Sign up to rate and review this story