Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little Less Pete Wentz (but) A Little More Pete Wentz

Chapter 1

by The-Nerd-Extremist 0 reviews

Chapter 1: The Past Comes Back To Haunt You

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-04-18 - 1889 words

0Unrated

It felt like, just maybe, things would turn out okay this time. For both of you.

Until someone walked through the door. The store's customer alert that sounded whenever somebody walked into or out of the store rang out in the silence, echoing throughout the clean, empty store.

"Who in their right mind comes into a store not 5 minutes before they close?!" You state, rising from your position underneath the counter before meeting the intruding customer. Once you had risen and locked eyes with the pest you stopped dead.

"Why hello there (Y/N), interesting to find you working here so late at night isn't it?"

At the sound of the voice Pete rose up, revealing himself to him.

"Oh, and you were hiding underneath the counter with you little friend here I see, the one who's wasting his time with the likes of you." He spat at you, annoyance and slight anger drenching his poisonous words.

"What are you doing here?" Pete demanded in your place because you were too overloaded with emotions to even begin to comprehend what he might be doing here. You were just dead on your feet, your mind going into overdrive. Why was he here? What did he want? Was it something to do with you? Endless questions ricochet off the walls inside your head, swamping you and drowning you in confusion and worry and most of all ... fear. Fear of the man who stood before you, seething in built-up but well contained rage.

"I could ask you the same question boy." He spat the word boy at Pete. Pete was trying to find any reason not to hit the pathetic excuse called a life form before him, especially for what he did to you and how he has forever ruined your life and your self-esteem. The constant battle that you faced every day with yourself was all his fault. "I guess the little (Y/N) can't stand up for herself anymore can she?" He purred at you. It made you feel seriously sick and disgusting because of what he did to you whilst you were dating the filthy wretch. "Would make sense," he continued. "Since she means nothing to anything living or dead." He was taunting you now. He knew that your family had died early on when you were little, but you never spoke to anyone about it. Not even your best friend and roommate knew, only he knew. How he came to know, you had told him because you were upset one night, and he had pretended to comfort you. He was there and he was comforting you and he demanded that you tell him what was wrong. So you did. And he laughed at you.

"I can stand up for myself thanks." You reply coldly, finally finding your voice in the darkness that was your mind. "And it's closing time so you need to leave the store premises or I'll have to call the authorities." You began to threaten, a new confidence outshining the darkness of your world. Pete's hand slid into yours under the counter, finger interlocking. It was his way of saying: You've got this, everything will be okay, and I'm right beside you. "And you wouldn't want that now would you." You continued, your voice laced with a silky poison that made him stumble and become at a loss for words. You had never ever decided to stand up to him before, never been this confident to threaten him or even try, let alone demand, him to do something.

"I have my phone out and the number dialed, all I need to do is push the little green phone there and your toast." Pete warned, showing his phone to him and pointing to the call button to explain how to make a phone call. This infuriated him greatly.

"How dare you even think to mock me boy? Do you not know what I am capable of? Do you not know what I have done, not only to the pathetic girl standing beside you, but to the very people of this city?" He taunted. "Besides, I wasn't speaking to you, you worthless, inferior, insignificant and above all a short excuse for a mere 13 year old boy." He continued coldly, his voice so formal yet so brutal. However, Pete was enraged with the words he used to describe him. It felt like every word was like a punch to his abdomen, by a professional boxer or fighter. "Now, as I was saying before being rudely interrupted by the idiot across from me -" CRACK That sound resonated throughout the once silent clothing store. THUMP The sound of his body falling to the cold hard floor beneath and the CLINK of the item you used to attack him satisfied you, and was music to your ears.

"Is he ... you know ... dead?" Pete asked, curiously walking around the counter towards the said man. He held an old and worn baseball bat, it was stored underneath the store counter for just in case situations, like the one they were in right now.

"No, sadly the insufferable bastard is neither dead nor dying." You replied coolly, having replaced the Cowering-In-The-Corner (Y/N) to the I'm-Going-To-Beat-A-Motherfucker-With-Another-Motherfucker (Y/N). You noticed that Pete was staring at you out of the corner of his eye, fear lacing the beautiful deep brown orbs. "What's wrong Pete? Never seen a girl get pissy and land a sucker punch before?" You queried, still the I'm-Going-To-Beat-A-Motherfucker-With-Another-Motherfucker (Y/N).

"Well actually I have ... but this is different." Pete said, unsure of how to word his thoughts.

"How is it different?"

"Well ... Um ... Well the girls that I have seen get pissy and shit were usually short tempered or like that because that was their nature, shoot first ask questions later type of girl you know? But with you it's different because ... Well ... You don't really strike as the person to go to THAT much of an extreme ..." He trailed off, gesturing to the unconscious turd that disgraced the floors with its presence.

You then started to calm down and revert back to the normal(Y/N) ... And then it kicked in.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Demonica]: You had just lost control of me not five seconds ago (Y/N) ...

[You]: Oh dear ...

[Demonica]: Yes this is a very much OH DEAR situation my darling ...

[You]: How could this be happening?

[Demonica]: Well sweetie, when a certain someone gets involved and he makes you mad I always come out, haven't you ever noticed that ...

[You]: Now that you mention it, there is a slight connection toward that point yes. BUT WAIT! What about all those other times that you've decided to come and play ... Those weren't started by him ... He was nowhere near me at all THOSE times? ...

[Demonica]: Well actually all those times happened AFTER the initial reaction with him sweetie ... Do you not remember? You actually might want to get away from dear Mr. Peter Wentzy here otherwise things will happen and RAGE will come out if somebody pushes your buttons any more ... We don't want RAGE to come out now do we dear friend ...

[You]: No, you're definitely right Demonica ... I can't risk having IT come out and destroy the only good thing I have left in this god forsaken barren wasteland called life ... If I hurt Pete I'll never forgive myself ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"(Y/N), hey are you okay? You look like you're conflicted, or fighting something, or ... Something ..." Pete trailed off, carefully approaching you, his hands out in a sign that says he means no harm. He knows that you and the unconscious vessel containing nothing but stupidity and ridicule have had a bad past. "If you don't want to talk about what the thing lying next to me or what he's done then that's totally fine. I don't care either way, I just want to help you. I wanna make you feel better, because I kinda know what it's like to both be fighting with your own mind and have an unexpected and unwanted guest turn up out of the blue. (Y/N)?" He continues, still cautiously approaching at a gradual rate. "Sweetheart, he can't hurt you now, he's kinda busy don't you think? And even if he DOES wake up, I'm not going to let the filthy thing near you okay? You hear me? He's not coming near you ... I'm here for you (Y/N), you know that. I only want to help yeah? You've helped me by not punching me for a second time, coming to my band's concert like I asked, letting me whisk you away for the night to a random pub with my friend's band playing ... Given me a second chance, let me kiss you, kissed me back, like me ... All these things have helped me in away. But now it's my turn to help you, please let me. I really do want to help you. And if you're afraid that I'm going to be just like him, well I can tell you right now that I'm not. I swear that I will never end up like him. And my proof is that I actually love you, I'm not pretending like he was, I don't even believe that he could go to all that effort pretending just to do this to you. I don't even believe that he could go to such a length without having ever loved or liked you even a tiny little bit." Pete was rattling on, still coming closer to your person, watching your face. It was blank, emotionless ... like the lights had gone out and the owner left.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Demonica]: Are you just going to stand here and let him approach you ...

[You]: Well I kind of have to don't I? I can't just run away from him without an explanation can I? ...

[Demonica]: Actually you can and you might have to...

[You]: What do you mean Demonica? ...

[Demonica]: Well I'm talking about our little friend that was created alongside me and has kept you from losing your mind completely with anger and hatred ...

[You]: You don't mean Rage do you? Does he want to come out and play too? ...

[Demonica]: Yes my dear he wants his share in playtime too ...

[Rage]: Yeah ... Why can't I have a little head space time? I promise I won't hurt Petey here ...

[You]: Rage please not now I'm trying to think and recollect myself and figure out how to handle this complex situation ...

[Rage]: But you need a rest, and you need to get out of here in order to do this ... That you know right? ...

[Demonica]: He's right (Y/N), you need out for a while and if you want to recollect yourself then you definitely need OUT of this place ... NOW ...

[You]: FINE ... I give up ... Just get me out of here now...

[Demonica]: So do you want to do the honours Rage ... I've had my playtime ... I think you're up ...

[Rage]: With pleasure milady ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"(Y/N) ... Please answer me? Don't be a robot ... Everything will be fine I pro-" Pete didn't get to finish ... He was stunned as you broke into a sprint and got the hell out of there ... He tried to follow you but when he got out the store door, you were upon the rooftops and out of sight ...
Sign up to rate and review this story