Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

First Victim

by story_master 6 reviews

Jay warns everyone of what he saw but they don't believe him.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-27 - Updated: 2006-08-27 - 1196 words

1Exciting
It took all of Jay's strength to stop him from jumping out from behind the tombstone and getting Theresa and getting her as far away from there as possible. He couldn't believe his eyes. ' How can she be doing this?' he thought to himself as he watched, horror still evident on his face. He strained to hear what they were saying. He gazed in hatred and horror.

" You've done well Theresa. They don't suspect a thing. Now I will help you for the last part of our plan just make sure you follow it." the voice was harsh and loud.

" Cronus." Jay hissed under his breathe, making sure he wasn't heard.

" Now remember dear Theresa if you do this right I'll keep you as my assistant when I rule the world. If you fail, I'll destroy you along with your pathetic friends." Cronus smirked as he spoke.

" Don't worry. I won't mess up. They'll never suspect a thing. If they do I'll get rid of them." a smile spread across Theresa's face as she finished.

" Good." Cronus waved a hand over her and said a few words in greek.

Jay wanted to run out and hurt Cronus. He wanted to teach Cronus a lesson. It took every ounce of strength to keep him in place.

" Well, now that that's taken care of. Go back and start fase 1 of our plan," Cronus turned to leave, " Oh one more thing. Remember that I'll be watching." Then he disappeared into one of his portals.

Theresa turned and walked out of the cemetary. Jay followed her back to the brownstone. A million thoughts flooded through his mind. ' How can she do this to us? I have to stop her... no matter what. I have to warn the others.' When tehy reached the brownstone Theresa went to her room and fell asleep. Jay however couldn't sleep at all. Not after what he had just witnessed. Eventually thought he did fall asleep but he tossed and turned as nightmares played through his mind.

When morning came Theresa was the last up. Jay was the second last. He went downstairs and heard the voices of his friends. Then he remembered what he saw the night before. He had to tell them.

" Hey." they said as he entered the kitchen.

" Guys, I have something to tell. And it's not good news." he said as he sat down.

" What is it?" Neil asked, looking into his mirror.

" Theresa is working with Cronus." Jay said seriously.

There was a silence. The others looked at each other and back to Jay. Then the room exploded with laughter.

" What are you guys laughing about?" Jay demanded, anger in his voice.

" You almost had us there Jay. Theresa working with Cronus. That's hilarious." Archie said through laughter.

Jay's expreesion didn't change. He looked at his teammates with disbelief. ' They don't believe me.' he thought unhappily.

" I'm not kidding. I followed her to an old cemetary outside of town. I saw her talking with Cronus. They have some kind of plan. We have to stop them!" Jay's voice was starting to raise.

" Stop who?" Theresa's tired voice asked from behind them.

" Jay thinks that you're working with Cronus and have some sort of plan to get rid of us all." Neil said still looking at his reflection.

" Me working with Cronus? Jay are you sure you're feeling alright?" Theresa asked as she went to the fridge.

" Don't play innocent. I saw you last night. I followed you out to that cemetary." Jay siad.

" Cemetary? Jay the last place you'd catch me at night is a cemetary. And I didn't leave my room last night. I Didn't go anywhere." she said as she sat down too.

" Well me and Arch are going for a run to the park." Atlanta said heading for the door.

" Yeah. See you guys later." Archie added as he followed her outside.

" Me and Herry are going to the mall, you wanna come Neil?" Odie said.

" Sure! There's some killer sales on." he exclaimed as he followed his friends out the door.

" Jay, why do you keep assuming that I'm up to something. I'm not. I'm not working with Cronus. You know sometimes I think that's all you care about is Cronus." Theresa shouted before storming upstairs.

Jay was left alone with his thoughts. ' I know what I saw. She's lying. I know she's working with him.' he thought as he stared at the stairs.

By lunch time everyone was back at the brownstone and Theresa had come downstairs again.

" Atlanta, want to go to the mall? There's some new stores that opened. We can have a girls day out." Theresa pleaded with her eyes.

" Oh okay." Atlanta gave in after five minutes.

The two friends took off out the door.

" I'm telling you guys she is working with Cronus." Jay said as soon as he heard Theresa's car start.

" You're just imagining things Jay. Theresa would never do that." Odie said as he played on eof his video games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa and Atlanta went to every store that had opened at the mall. After hours of being forced to shop Atlanta called it a day.

" Come on it's almost dinner. We should get back." she said to her friend.

" Okay you're right Atlanta." Theresa agreed.

They put their shopping bags in the back of Theresa's convertable and started towards home. Atlanta turned on the radio as they pulled out of the mall's parking lot. Theresa usually took the long way home bu tafter twenty minutes of driving Atlanta started to get worried.

" Hey Theresa... where are we going? I thought we were going home?" she asked.

" Oh, I'm going home but you. Well, you'll be taking a detour." she replied as she stopped the car in the middle of nowhere. Atlanta jumped out of the car at the sight of Theresa's glowing eyes.

" Theresa what's going on?" Atlanta asked, backing away from her best friend.

" You know Jay was really on to somehting. Too bad you didn't believe him. Well, too bad for you." Theresa laughed as she waved a hand in front of Atlanta.

Within in seconds Atlanta had disappeared in to thin air. The only thing left of her was her PMR and the remains of her scream.

Theresa hopped back into her car and drove home. When she got there the others were sitting in the living room watching a movie.

" Hey where's Atlanta?" Archie asked as he saw Theresa.

" Oh, she's still at the mall. She ran into some of the girls from our field hockey team. They went to the movies. She said she shouldn't be too late." Theresa said as she headed towards the stairs.

Jay knew there was something wrong. He knew that Atlanta wasn't at the movies. He knew that Theresa had done somehting to her.
~*~

Where did Theresa send Atlanta? Is this really the Theresa they all knew nd cared about? Who will be her next victim? Will Jay convince the others that Theresa's turned evil? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked that chapter. Please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story