Categories > Original > Romance

My first love

by EmmaArcadia 1 review

I have a huge hatred towards Carmody Phelps. But, as the days are passing, my heart skips a beat, and my breath quickens. I know I must be strong, but now, I want her. Will, my feelings change, or ...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2016-08-05 - Updated: 2016-08-05 - 1882 words

1Ambiance
Looking back at the girl sitting on her bench, I felt a tinge of jealousy rise in my heart. She had again defeated me in the exams that were held a few days ago, and I felt a scowl on my face rising. I was almost impatiently waiting for both of us in our filled classroom to get alone, so that I could strangle her; so much was I angry. I had given her almost a thousand angry glances today, but she never looked at me, busy absorbing herself in the book she was reading. I hated her, ever since I met her, and nowadays, my hatred was rising.

Unfortunately, I still remember the first day I talked to her, and it was how it happened.
****
The English teacher in our school had repeatedly praised her for her excellent result, but the fact remains that she had never looked exceedingly interested in her report card, had exceeding angered me. Carmody Phelps as I knew her name to be, always looked indifferent to everyone. I remember the first day she had stepped in as a transfer student from Britain. Her fair white skin, her rosy cheeks, her blond hair, and her tall slender figure made her the attraction for a lot of guys. In fact, I never even found a day when she was sitting on her bench alone. Let it be lunch break, recess, or the usual classes going on, she was asked out by one or the other. But, to me, it seemed that she was careless about the crowd all around her, as if she was alone and was never being asked any question. I envied her, and now, now that she is not pestered by anyone anymore, I envy her more.

She is almost excellent in any subject, let it be science, maths, English, or any other thing. I never actually found her reading anything except novels, and not at all did I find her reading science books. Maybe she studied at home a lot, but the doubt was removed when she herself had accepted that she studied school books only 2 hours a day. I actually take that for a lie.
****
Some days back, we were given a test on organic chemistry, and I had studied my ass off to pass with excellent grades. I even got 97%, and anyone might think I am satisfied. I would have been, if that bitch named Carmody didn't get 99%! Just imagine! I was a blubbering mess, when my efforts were not rewarded! Before she came to this school, I was the first ranker, and I was proud of it. But that quite girl, took away all my ranks! She...she is a bitch.
****
"Hey Eddy!" My chirpy Girlfriend would always pester me whenever I am in a bad mood. Well, for my introduction, I cannot say more than the fact that I am Edward Lawrence, also called Eddy by almost everyone.

My girlfriend, Amy Mathews, is a true American, and we are dating for more than 2 years. Not that I have any interest in her, but she forces herself on me, and we are more or less, looked at like a couple by almost anyone at school. You might wonder why I am dating a girl of my own class, then lemme say, that I am actually a bit elder than everyone at class. I admitted myself to school late, and to had to re-study a year, as I was unable to attend a year's class cause of typical appendix operation... Ok the readers are not really interested in my fucking diseases, so I'll just continue with my life story.

"Hey Eddy, there's a very popular movie coming up this weekend! I hope we can go and watch it together." Her voice persuasive, I gladly accepted it, although I did have plans that weekend to go out with my elder brother. I didn't give up her wish. She was loving and kind, and I felt a bit bad, if I had to reject her.
****
School being over, I started packing my stuff to head out. From what Amy said, she couldn't accompany me to my house today, so its gonna be just me and my bike. I smirked; I know I can ride at full speed today.

My test paper folded neatly and put in my pocket, I took a glance at the seat of the girl I hate so much. She must have gone away earlier, as her soul aim is to skip classes, as far as I understood her. Giving a final scowl, I darted out for the exit of the school. Glad I have no speech for her. I might have strangled her if she even talked to me!

The school compound was filled with students, many people who were talking to friends about weekend stuffs. I caught a glimpse of Amy, waving bye to some of her friends. She also caught my eye and waved me while I waved her back. Being two years elder and studying in the same class, I was quite embarrassed. Nonetheless, I went towards the place where I had put my bike.

The school backyard was filled with shady trees. Students were allowed to park their bikes and cycles over there. As my house was quite far from my school, I had to bring a bike with me. Buses always made me feel nauseous, so brother bought me a bike. That actually allowed me to be in health and shape.

I took my steps towards the shed where my bike was parked. Suddenly, the scowl on my face returned, as my eyes fell on the girl whom I hate so much!

Carmody!

The blond was sitting under a tree, her face almost buried in a book which she might have borrowed from the school library. She was sitting still, and I almost felt like stabbing her there and then, for depriving me of the joy of coming first in the class.

She must have felt my presence too, as she suddenly looked up from her book, and our eyes, as far as I remember, met for the first time. Her face was emotionless for a moment, but then her lips curved into a slight smile.

I know that she's smiling just for etiquette! In her heart of hearts, she is mocking me!

I scowled angrily. I have forgotten my etiquette really.

Her face became sweeter by the second, her smile blending with her face almost beautifully. If I hadn't had a girlfriend, and if I hadn't hated her, I most certainly would have fallen for her at that very moment. And I hated myself for that thought.

Slowly, I took my steps towards the shed, my hand deep in my pocket searching for my bike keys. I took out my hand hurriedly, unchained my bike, sat on it, and with every powerful pedal that feet could, I darted away. I had no desire to see the face of the girl I hate so much.
****
My brother, Denny, worked in a band in a bar or café or whatever. After I went home each day, it would be his turn to go into the bar for his performance. Although the job sounds weird, I most certainly can assure anyone I meet that his pay is quite nice.

He is still searching for a job, and had given many interviews. I hope he gets a descent job one time or the other, as a family cannot depend always on a rock star.

Denny Lawrence, or you can say my Daniel Lawrence, is the best and sexiest boy I have seen. My brother can be really sentimental and over protective about me. Well, I'll explain more about him if you want now.

"Hey Eddy!" He is the one who as given me this babyish nickname, and I mostly don't like it that much. His voice as a singer and a male is husky and heavy, but dutifully just the right one. I feel that he can be the greatest singer one day if he allows me to ask him go out for singing jobs and all.

"I am leaving!" He said, as I glanced at the clock and said, " But, it's only 7pm."

"Yeah I know." He patted me on the head, messing my hair completely, and he smiled a sexy half smile to me. "See ya!"
****
Well, I didn't really get a lot of time with Denny, as both of us were away when the other was home. Only weekends were the time when we got the mornings. I sighed. Maybe I should cancel the movie date with Amy. My girl can wait; my brother can't.

I went to my room, cleaning my desk and my room which Denny had messed up searching for his guitar pick! Ugh, darn it! The tea was also spilled!

Suddenly, amongst others, I noticed the one thing that was missing in my room. My Hankie! My late granny, when I was 10, had made it herself and gifted it to me, and I have preserved it till today! I actually noticed that I didn't have it ever since I came from school, and I expected to find it at home, but now I didn't!

I was searching for it frantically now! I even called my brother on his cell phone, thinking if he took it with him, but he denied!
****
I spent a sleepless night searching for it. Maybe I lost it school! Now if I did lose it, a piece of cloth can't come back to me. It must have been picked up by the cleaning staff, and put in the bin, and from there it must have gone to the...and must be burned by now!

I gave a cry of despair! I will never forgive myself for it, if I didn't find it!
****
"Morning Eddy!" I ignored Amy's wish as I made for the bench on which I sat. I was in a despaired mood. Even her chirpy smile didn't make me happy.

"What's the matter?" Asked Sam, my friend when I sat on my bench and put my temples in my hands. "I lost my hankie!" I said, as I felt tears stinging my eyes. "My granny will be sad in heaven!"

Due to sentimental reasons, I valued that hankie! It will more than my life lost if I lost it.

I was ignoring Sam pacifying me, when suddenly I felt a figure standing in front of me.

"Here." She said, as I looked up from my state, and at the extended hand giving me back my hankie. I took it in blissful joy, and murmured, "Thank you!" As soon as I looked up at the face of the figure, I was dumb with shock.

"You lost it when you took your bike keys out. It fell from your pocket." She smiled, and the heated anger came back into my face.

"Good for you she found it back and gave it back." Said Sam.

I scowled again. She smiled, as she took her seat beside the window. She took out a book and started reading again.

Carmody! You don't know how much I hate her. And this is the way both of us had our first talk.
Sign up to rate and review this story