Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Everything She Does Is Magic

Summer Plans

by CatLikeThief 0 reviews

Hermione comes up with a plan for the summer

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-29 - Updated: 2006-08-29 - 2053 words

-1TrainWreck
"Ron," Harry said pushing the door a little. Ron didn't answer. Harry pushed the door a little more and saw that he was lying on the bed face down. "Ron," Harry said again. This time Ron raised his head and looked to the door, "Can I come in?"

"Sure, mate," Ron said.

Harry walked in and sat on a chair next to Ron's bed. Ron got up and sat on the bed, with his feet to the side. Harry waited for him to say something but he just looked at the ground.

"What's up?" Harry asked.

"I don't know Harry," Ron said. Harry waited. "You know, I told you already how much I like her. It's just hard. We've been friends for too long"

"There's no such thing," Harry said, "Just tell her"

"It's easier said than done," Ron said.

"If you make her think that you like her, which shouldn't be hard, you can see how she reacts," Harry said.

"You meant like act like I like her?"

"You don't need to act," Harry said smirking. Ron threw him a cushion. "I can talk Ginny into telling me if Hermione says anything about you"

"Really?" Ron asked in disbelief that Harry could do that.

"I can!" Harry said.

"We'll see," Ron said.

They both stayed in Ron's room talking about the girls. They played a game of wizard's chess; they went outside and started playing a very weird version of a Quidditch game since they were only two people. Two hours later, Ginny called Harry down from his broom.

"Harry, can I talk to you?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah," Harry said and got up from the floor. Ron stayed there waiting for him to come back. After ten minutes, Harry came back.

"What did she want?" Ron asked.

"To see if it was OK for Hermione to stay here for a month," Harry said simply. Ron stiffened.

"What did you say?"

"That it was OK," Harry said, "What else would I have said?"

"How about 'No'?"

"You can't possibly be that bad. Why wouldn't you want her to be here? It gives you more time to try and figure out if she liked you or not," Harry said.

"I dunno, Harry," Ron said, "I just don't think it's a very good idea"

"We'll just have to see. Ginny said she gets out of the hospital in two days. Her parents let her come a week after that," Harry said.

Ron shrugged. They went back upstairs, talked for a while, and then played a few more games of chess. After that they went to bed. Ron couldn't really sleep well. Harry was snoring not even a minute after he got into bed. A little while after, Ron fell asleep.

A week and two days went by faster than anyone could imagine. Before he knew it, there he was sitting in the living room with Harry and Ginny waiting for Hermione to suddenly appear in the room. She said she would be there by noon. Not a minute later, Hermione appeared in front of them with a gust of ashes and dirt. She had a cast on one of her arms. With her hand she was holding a leash and with her other hand she was holding a big trunk. Crookshanks looked very unhappy being tied to the leash. He looked up at Hermione. She knelt down and untied him. He happily went over to Ginny and jumped in her lap.

"Hi!" Hermione said looking up at them. She cleaned herself up with her wand.

Harry smiled and got up to hug her. Hermione walked over to Ginny who couldn't get up because Crookshanks was in her lap, and hugged her. She also went over to Ron and gave him a kiss on the cheek. This showed him that she wasn't mad.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"Good. Great! I just have to wear this," She said looking at her cast.

"What is that?" Ron asked.

"It's called a cast. It's to keep my bone in place, so that it doesn't break," Hermione said.

"You didn't have that when we visited you," Ron said.

"I did. It was just under the covers," Hermione said. Ginny wasn't really paying attention to anything. She was playing with Crookshanks. Hermione went over to where Ginny was sitting and sat beside her. Ron and Harry were sitting in front of her, "Anyway, I have an idea. What are you planning to do for the rest of the summer?"

"We don't know yet," Harry said looking at Ron and then back, "we have a whole two months to do what ever we want"

"Well, I was thinking that we could go to Florida," Hermione said smiling.

"Florida?" Ginny said looking up for the first time.

"Yeah, were did that come from?" Ron asked.

"Well, it's just that my cousin lives in Florida and he invited me over for the summer," Hermione said.

"He?" Ginny asked smiling at Hermione.

"Yes," Hermione said not even playing attention to the squeal Ginny made. "Do you guys want to come?"

"Are we even invited?" Harry asked.

"Well, yes," Hermione said, "their house is huge, and he said I could bring my friends. No more than four. So I was thinking we could all go"

"It sounds good," Ginny said.

"I don't have anything else planned," Harry said.

"Well, won't mum want us to be here?" Ron asked.

"It's the summer, and you're of age already. We'll be back in a month," Hermione said.

"OK," Ron said, "You do have to ask her though" He pointed out to Ginny.

"I know, I know," Ginny said.

"Hopefully, she'll say yes, and we can all go and have fun in the sun," Hermione said.

"So, when can we go?" Harry asked.

"Well, it has to look like we planned the trip," Hermione said. "My aunt and uncle don't know I'm a witch, so no magic or anything around them. My cousin does know so that won't be a problem"

"Are we apparating there?" Ginny asked.

"We can floo," Hermione said.

"No," Harry said, "their house is not registered in the floo network"

"We're apparating then," Ron said.

"It's going to be hard with all our stuff," Hermione said.

"Why don't we ask the Ministry for a portkey?" Ginny asked.

"That would work," Ron said, "and dad can get them easily"

"Great, so when are we going?" Harry asked.

"I'll have to call DJ, my cousin, on the telephone and tell him that we are coming and then he'll tell me when it would be a good time to come" Hermione said.

"Ginny, why don't you go ask mum now?" Ron asked.

"OK," Ginny said leaving the room and walking into the kitchen.

"Harry will you come with me to Diagon Alley? I have to go to the Leaky Cauldron to use the payphone," Hermione said.

"Yeah," Harry said getting up. "Ron, do you-"

"We'll be back later," Hermione said, she grabbed Harry's arm "Let's go"

Hermione threw floo powder in the fireplace and dragged Harry into it yelling Diagon Alley. Ron stayed in the living room. He was thinking that maybe Hermione wasn't mad at him anymore, but then she didn't even ask him to come with her. She didn't even let Harry ask. He just got up and started going upstairs. Ron was looking at the floor in front of him. Then he collided with something.

"Oomph," Ron said grabbing his stomach.

"Sorry," Ginny said, "Are you OK?"

"Yeah," Ron said, "What did mum say?"

"She said it was OK, but that we had to write once a week at least"

"That's not bad," Ron said.

"Where are you going?"

"My room,"

"Where are Harry and Hermione?"

"They went to the Leaky Cauldron to make a phone call," Ron said sadly.

"Oh," Ginny said feeling bad for him. She decided not to ask, to just let him go to his room.

A few hours later, Harry came in the room. Ron was sprawled on his back on the bed sleeping. Harry laughed at his hair and his snoring. He shook his arm. Ron only stirred. Harry shook his shoulder then.

"What?" Ron asked opening his eyes.

"We're going tomorrow," Harry said.

"What?"

"We're going tomorrow," Harry repeated.

"Why so early?"

"Hermione lied about catching an early flight. We're supposed to be at the Orlando Airport at one thirty" Harry explained.

"What time is it?" Ron asked.

"It's ten to four," Harry said.

"Bloody hell!" Ron said sitting up.

"You missed lunch," Harry said.

"I know," Ron said getting up and walking downstairs. Hermione and Ginny were sitting on the couch looking at a picture album.

"He's so cute," Ginny said.

"A lot of girls seem to think so," Hermione said smiling.

Ron ignored them and went directly to the kitchen. Mrs. Weasley was sitting there with Fred and George. He sat beside them.

"Little Ronniekins!" Fred said.

"You finally woke up," George said.

"It's nice to see you too," Ron said.

"Would you like something to eat dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Please," Ron said.

"How's our little boy?" George asked.

"I'm fine," Ron said, "How's business?"

"Booming," Fred said, "we're getting more profit all the time"

"We're introducing new products next week," George said. Mrs. Weasley put a plate of food in front of Ron. He started stuffing his mouth while listening to the twins talk about the business.

"I'm getting my own flat," Fred said.

"Waah?" Ron asked with food in his mouth.

"If that was a 'why?', then it's because he want to spend some time alone with Angie," George teased.

"Shut up!" Fred said.

"Have you proposed yet?" Ron asked after swallowing his food.

"No," Fred said looking at the ground.

"No guts," George said.

"It's so hard," Fred said, "I've tried but all that comes out is gibberish"

"Tell me about it," Ron said putting more food in his mouth.

"Having trouble with the ladies, aren't we?" George said.

"No," Ron said blushing.

"Don't worry we won't tell," Fred said eagerly.

"I'm not telling you anything," Ron said and turned back to his food.

"Too afraid?" George asked.

"Boys, leave him alone," Mrs. Weasley said.

"Fine," the twins said in unison. They got up and left the room.

Ron finished his dinner silently. Mrs. Weasley knew that she shouldn't ask him about it. After he was done, he thanked his mom with a kiss and walked out of the room. He sat in the living room floor. Fred and George were each taking an armchair. Ginny and Harry were looking at the pictures Hermione had already shown them. Hermione was lying on the other couch reading a witches magazine. After being bored for a while, Ron went back to his room to start packing. He finished packing and it was still early, so he went back downstairs. There wasn't much going on.

"Do you want to play some Quidditch?" Ron asked.

"It's too dark," Ginny said not looking at him.

"Want to play chess?" Ron asked looking at Harry. Harry nodded and followed Ron to his room.

"Packed already?" Harry asked looking at Ron's trunk near the door.

"Yeah," Ron said.

"Listen," Harry said as he sat on the floor, "Hermione didn't want you to go today because she-"

"It's alright," Ron said, "you don't have to explain"

"No, but I do," Harry said.

"OK, explain," Ron said.

"She wanted to talk to me in private about something," Harry said.

"About what?" Ron said making the first move in the game.

"Something concerning you, but I'm not supposed to tell you," Harry said.

"You'd tell me if it was that she fancied me right?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, if it was that, I'd tell you," Harry said.

"Alright," Ron said.

"She doesn't hate you, you know?"

"I know," Ron said.

They played for a while. Ron was being easy on Harry. They played a few games and then just joked around with Fred and George. At midnight they were told to go to bed by Mrs. Weasley because Mr. Weasley was sleeping. They all went to bed. Fred and George slept in their old room. Ron didn't know what to do about Hermione. She was just too hard to read for him.
Sign up to rate and review this story