Categories > Original > Fantasy > ****

Flying Away

by Genieizz 0 reviews

Maggie Storm isn't looking for trouble, no matter what that anything but normal town might think. In fact it is quite the opposite....

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2016-08-22 - 649 words

0Unrated
“Shut Up” Ally screeched, in her Essex accent. She never failed to make me laugh. We were discussing her recent trip to the Andes, and I was teasing her about her warm, but disgusting outfits. We were catching up before I left for Ireland, to visit my grandparents for the summer. My parents were fed up with me and my constant disappearing tricks. It wasn’t my fault that this town was so boring. We were new here and the only friend I had made was confident, popular girl, Allie Jents. So my parents decided to ship me off to Ireland for the summer, hoping these grandparents I had never met could sort me out.

“If you’re not going to help me pack you might as well leave.” Allie laughed and grabbed my suitcase. “Didn’t think you would want my help, seeing as my holiday outfits were ‘absolutely disgusting’ as you put it” Allie replied. She had a point. “Well just pass me that top and jeans then.” She threw them at me, crumpling up my freshly ironed shirt. I hoped my grandparents had a iron. We worked quickly and quietly and after an hour I had a fully packed suitcase. I was leaving tomorrow and I couldn’t wait. Yes, I was leaving Allie, but I was also leaving this boring town. I was going on an adventure.

Allie left after an hour, and we said goodbye. She made me promise to text and call everyday. I laughed, but agreed in the end. I said goodnight to my parents and went and had a shower. Walking back to my room, I made a mental list of what I had to do tomorrow. I climbed into bed and grabbed my laptop. Checking my emails was a tiring job, but it needed doing regularly. Yawning, I pushed my laptop away and fell into a deep sleep almost instantly.



I woke with a start, my alarm beeping loud enough to wake Australia. I sat up and switched off the alarm, then got out of bed. Looking at the clock, I realized I had an hour before I had to be at the airport. I got dressed; put my laptop, phone and chargers into my bag along with a magazine, some Milky Bar Buttons and my headphones, then dragged my bag and suitcase down the stairs. Mum and Dad were already up, drinking their morning coffee. The smiled at me and pushed a cup of tea in my direction. I took it and sat down. We sat in silence, drinking our tea and coffee and eating pastries. After half an hour, we got in the car and started to drive to the airport. Once we reached the airport, we got out the car and dad carried my suitcase inside. My parents hugged me and mum said they would miss me. Dad handed me my suitcase, and then they walked out of the airport, and a feeling of sadness fell upon me, my parents were sending me to Lahinch, a small coastal town in Ireland. I went to the desk and checked in. Security went smoothly, and I was soon in duty free. I found a seat in Costa, ordered a drink and got my laptop out, trying to pass the time until my flight.

Suddenly, I heard my name being called out across the tannoy, “Maggie Storm can you please come to gate 54 immediately, for you flight to Dublin.” I jumped up, upon hearing my name being called out, and shoved my laptop into my bag. Dragging my suitcase behind me I jogged to my gate, hoping they wouldn’t leave without me. I reached the gate and boarded the plane swiftly, and in ten minutes we were in the air. I, Maggie Storm, a normal seventeen girl was on an adventure of a lifetime, and I couldn’t wait.
Sign up to rate and review this story