Categories > Games > Undertale > My Angel from the sky

The second Human

by Flame96 0 reviews

You finally meet Toriel. You make a decision and you can't go back.

Category: Undertale - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2016-08-26 - 2111 words

0Unrated
“Hey _____ are you coming with me ?”

“Sure! I would never leave you alone ! “

“But I’m scared they won’t like me”

“Don’t say something like this I’m here for you, you’re not different”

“Thanks ____, you’re my . .

. .



A N G E L”





Your eyes opened ready to face the terrible feeling of the hard ground,but met something warm and soft instead. You woke up in a…. bedroom ?

Everything was dark and you couldn’t see anything, there wasn’t even a window in that room. Slowly you raised yourself up from the bed half-heartedly. It was all nice and all, but as always, you didn’t know where you were and remembering what had happened with Flowey before was enough to make you shiver in horror.

That’s right. He had tried to take your soul and then you fainted. Were you dead ? You made out a small lamp on a shelf.

“perfect !” you said to yourself suddenly bumping your foot against what it seemed to be a table…



“GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !”



You shouted falling on the floor holding your foot with your hands, tears filling up your eyes.

A noise awoke you from your sharp pain, were they footsteps ? Was the death coming take your soul ?

You weren’t given even a moment to think when the light was turned on as the door flew open

“Are you alright ?! Did something happen ?!” exclaimed an alarmed voice, you raised your head only to see a goat-like humanoid in front of you. Silence filled the room.



“GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !”



You shouted again trying to back out with the only result of your back bumping in another piece of furniture.

“Calm down my Dear , You’re safe here ! Everything is alright ! “

“ I’m seeing talking flowers and humanoid-goats !!! How can THIS be alright ?! “ you shouted desperately. “Is this a dream? It MUST be a dream !!” you rose laughing hysterically only to fall back down. Your calf had awakened too.



“Calm down please ! I’ll explain everything to you, but you’re wounded and you should take it slowly”

You looked with uncertainty into her deep blue eyes, you didn’t even know her … you didn’t even know if all of this was real, but something about her made you feel warm inside, even if you didn’t remember anything, she gave out a feeling o protection, mother-like. That’s why without even thinking you let out your warm tears fall down, while you inhaled the familiar feeling of home.

“Oh my Dear, It must have been hard for you ! But don’t worry, I’m here with you. My name is Toriel and I’m the caretaker of the ruins, can you tell me your name dear ? “ She asked coming towards you, She kneeled down wiping away the tears from your face.



“My …. Name …_____”

“Worry not ___, I brought a change for you. It’s on that shelf. Take you time, when you’re ready come to me. I’ll be waiting in the kitchen, I baked a butterscotch-cinnamon pie I hope you like it !”

The only thing you could do was to thank her, you really couldn’t find other words. Toriel left the room with a smile leaving you with your silence. You looked around. This room was really nice and cosy, It looked more like a child’s bedroom. There was the bed where you could hardly fit and the furniture was of a light brown color but what caught you attention was the big basket full of dusty toys.



“This room has been empty for a long time “you murmured to yourself trailing your finger on another dusty shelf leaving the marks. You soon realized that there were some clothes neatly folded on the shelf. You took one of the two shirts: one was a child’s , there was no way you could fit into that …

The other one was red and it had some flowers pattern on it … flowers … what a wonderful idea! It was probably one of Toriel’s clothes. You opted for that one even because you had no choice. You put on some black leggings that covered you until you knees, they seemed to fit you perfectly. The smell of the shirt was really nice and it contributed to make you feel reassured.

After exiting the room, you found yourself in a long and bright corridor. There were different doors and as you walked you couldn’t not notice the different vases of golden flowers. It took you all the strength you had not to let out another scream.

“Damn Flowey the flower !” you hissed stomping your foot on the floor. That had traumatized you …



During the way, you found a mirror hanging on the wall. It was you …. Big dark circles could be seen under your eyes. Your hair was a complete mess. They were so short they made you look like a boy, but still your soft lips and your big eyes said the opposite. You weren’t exactly what they would call beautiful, but you were fine, you really didn’t care. The big shirt reached your tights making you look like you were in pyjamas.

The noise of dishware reminded you of Toriel and informed you where the kitchen was. The kitchen was really big and as bright as the corridor. At the center of the room there was a big table on which laid another vase of golden flowers …What was this thing with golden flowers ?!



“____ are you there ?” you heard Toriel’s voice call

“Y-yes, I’m here”

You saw the goat enter bringing a giant cake. It was so big it intimidate you. She placed the pie on the table inviting you to take a seat. You sat down as you silently watched her cut a slice putting it on your plate.

“Ehm … thank you “ you didn’t know how to engage a conversation when all of this seemed so unreal, and it didn’t take too long for the silence to fill the room.

“So …” Toriel started making you release the breath you didn’t realize you had been holding

“What do you want to know ?”

“first of all, where am I? Is this real ?”

“Yes. Unfortunately It’s real. You fell in the Underground, the realm of monsters”

What seriously ?

“ It was you who saved me from that flower ?”

“It’s not right to say I saved you, I was going to …but something happened ?” Toriel expression was puzzled as if she was looking for an explanation herself.

“What happened ?” you had fainted and you clearly saw those pellets flying towards you, there was no escape for you.

“He tried to absorb you soul … but it was rejected” Toriel said with worry in her face “ normally a monster can absorb a human soul to gain an enormous power … but right when he was going to take yours something flashed white and he was gone … It’s the first time I see something like this” she completed

That made you think about what the flower had said about your soul, was every monster able to see it ? Toriel didn’t seem to notice anyway.

“But why my soul ? I mean does he gain power absorbing my soul ?”

“Your soul is the very culmination of your being. Human souls are different from monsters’ they’re much stronger that’s why every monster craves for that power” you weren’t sure but you saw sadness flash in Toriel’s eyes for a moment, you looked at her with a worried expression and she noticed.

“Oh don’t worry. I don’t seek that power. You’re safe here my dear”

“But I don’t understand, Why do you all live here ?”

“ Not so long ago, A big war between humans and monsters broke out … we were no match for them. They cruelly destroyed us leaving nothing but dust. In the end they erected a barrier to keep us trapped here in the underground with no escape” started toriel with a sad smile, that made you think about the child bedroom that you had seen, it was empty and there was no sign of someone else living here. Your heart was aching and you couldn’t find the courage to ask.



“ Am I the first human falling here ?” you carefully asked, Toriel remained silent at that question. You swear you saw teary eyes …

“No …” she finally answered “There was another human before you … her name was Chara” there was a big pause. So you were the second human to fall there … from the way she was speaking she seemed to know very well that human . You could not stand this sadness anymore.

“Toriel isn’t there a way to free you all ? Can’t you just break the barrier ?”

“Our souls are too weak for that … there is only one way … collect the souls of seven humans to break the barrier” that surely left you speechless.

“ The king of all monsters Asgore is carrying out this useless plan” she added with a hint of bitterness in her trembling voice “ you know lots of us have lost hope and our beloved ones … the humans have taken everything away …” her voice now was broken and the tears were clearly visible.

“Toriel …No …please… don’t cry …” seeing her like this was making you feel bad, if there was something you could do for her …but … wait . Wait ! There’s something!



“Toriel ! Let me exit the ruins” you said laying your hand on her shoulder making her gasp.

“What ?! … no … It’s too dangerous !” she immediately stood up with desperation in her eyes, it was like she was reliving a past moment in her mind that you could not reach.

“I have no memories from where I belong and I somehow feel that my soul is connected to all of this …” you started trying to reassure Toriel “ You say that Flowey couldn’t absorb my soul right ? So maybe also the other monsters can’t ?” you completed seeing Toriel calm down.

“We don’t know. The King is not himself anymore ….He won’t have any mercy ..I-I don’t want to lose another child” she murmured to herself. That sentence made your heart ache. That was so painful.

“Toriel please, I want to know … I need to… not having memories for me is worse than being dead. I know there’s something … but I jus’t don’t know. So please !”



Toriel looked into your eyes for a moment that seemed like an eternity,but you weren’t scared. You could feel yourself being filled with determination. Suddenly she sighed wiping away her tears.

“Alright ____, If this is how you feel I’ll trust you … but I warn you it won’t be easy” she smiled with resignation in her face.

“ I Know”

“I’ll guide you to the main gate situated at the end of the ruins, but once crossed that gate you won’t be able to go back do you understand ?”

“ Okay” you answered with a reassuring smile, even if inside you were screaming, I mean you were already scared of tiny golden flowers… you sure were really brave.



“Follow me then ___” added Toriel exiting the kitchen, she guided you through the corridor and then through a long stairway that you hadn’t noticed before. There was another long and dark corridor that led to a giant purple door. The door had a strange symbol on it, it was the same that Toriel han on her gown but you did not bother to ask.

“Here it is the portal for the Underground” she said opening the gate revealing a darker corridor “If you can, try to avoid the royal guards … if they find you they’ll take you to the king” She handed you a cloak appeared from nowhere.

“Thanks ...!”

“and….” She started “ Beware of the man who speaks in heands” what did she mean by that ... you hoped it wasn’t really that important.

Suddenly you were drawn into a hug. You could sense her concern, her warmth reassured you and made you feel ready for your journey. This was also for yourself !

“Thank you for everything Toriel ! I promise I’ll come back alive and I’ll free all of you” you unwillingly left her embrace to head towards the portal. You knew you were crying but you didn’t want her to see you like that. You slowly felt absorbed in the darkness of the portal. When you turned your head to face Toriel for the last time, it was too late.



She was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story