Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Last of the Black

Home Sweet Home

by Snagret 0 reviews

Shopping with Snape - what could be more pleasant?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Snape - Published: 2016-08-28 - 1544 words

0Unrated
— The dog can wait outside, — Snape said, when we came to “the Leaky Cauldron”. Thank Merlin, Arc and I were coming to the Diagon Alley through another manhole — he didn’t want me to be recognized in such famous place.
— He is too old and frightening to die alone, — I argued and did cute face. But it didn’t make any impression on Snape as well as on Arc.
Yes, it will be hard with him.
— Miss Potter, you behave boorishly, — he hissed, being inclined over me. Nostrils of his hooked nose were inflated because of anger. — I’m not going to suffer this. I understand that your poor brain is not enough to keep concentration for a long time, but you have to try, — his words sounded like threat.
— Be appeased, really, — Arc added. Snape didn’t hear Arc so I managed that Snape hadn’t Black’s blood.
— Ok, professor, — I put hands up. He turned back sharply and we went to “Leaky Cauldron” to go it through without stopping. We went to the backyard and Snape knocked bricks in laying with his wand.
— Did you remember the sequence? — Grandpa asked me.
— No, you?
— I know it. Pay attention more!
We appeared in the Diagon Alley, and I surprisingly looked around a little to seem like I wasn’t here before. Then I looked at the list.
I wanted to leave Snape and try to get into the Black’s house. I understood though that we will do it in the night. But it’s better to wait for it with book and grandpa than in Snape’s company.
— Let’s go to Gringotts.
— With what such purpose? — I pricked up the ears. Curious thought about robbery came on mind. Once guys and I robbed Adidas. Bank is too cool for now.
— To take your money, you silly girl. – Snape didn’t sustain.
Wow. Grandpa didn’t tell me that I have money. I knew about Black’s fortune, but Snape didn’t mean them.
I expected infinite treasures, but firstly we visited one mysterious safe, where Snape took one mysterious thing. Only then goblin that was smaller when I looked at him closer picked us to mine safe. Potter’s storage.
Yeah, money was not bad here. I bypassed hills of coins and began to examine artifacts on shelves. There were not many of them, and no one wasn’t equal to pictures in catalogue “Thousand of the most powerful artifacts of Britain”. Well. I need to take them one day to examine with grandpa better. Now he waited outside – goblins don’t let dogs inside.
I took some coins and we left.
— The Key, — I gave a hand exactingly, but Snape hid it vindictively in a pocket.
— Do you want to lose it? You will receive it from director Dumbledore.
I narrowed my eyes and told nothing. We got into the cart, and in couple of seconds I had the key.

— Where from do you have this amulet? — Snape looked at my neck. Wow-wow — Maybe it dropped out after fitting of school cloaks In madam Malkin’s shop.
— I found it on the attic in old Lily’s things, - I said prepared phrase and put the pendent under the shirt, trying not to pay attention on Arc’s grumble.
— Dark magic? — asked Snape, burning me with his suspicious look.
— It is the only one memory about her! — I frowned sadly. And there was no even actor’s game in it. I had no memories about Lily at all, just old newspaper article with blurred photo.
— Dark magic artefacts are forbidden by school rules.
I shrugged shoulders. And what then?
I had all books for this year though, that Arc let me to buy two weeks ago because of my crying, I bought another set now not to be suspicious. Then it was turn of pharmacy, where we bought cauldron and other stuff for Snape’s subject, he bought a lot of ingredients for potions. I didn’t like pharmacy very much. Just adults could buy normal potions, and there was nothing interesting to do inside. Arc forbade me to try to make potions by myself. He didn’t tell truth, but I thought that he just don’t know things about potions and is frightening that we will explode something.
Snape had bad mood, and mine came worse with time. He didn’t ask me stuff, and my nervousness slowly disappeared. So when we came to wand shop, I was calm and gloomy. By the way hunger let me know about itself. My stomach has absolutely forgotten that he had meeting with sneakers this morning. And Snape, this evil guy, didn’t offer me to go to a cafe.
And when Ollivander started to run around me with his ruler and almost sniff me I couldn’t sustain:
— Maybe, it’s enough?! You’re in the zone of my personal space!

Ollivander started back, looking at me with his rounded colorless eyes.

— Curiously. Very curiously, — he went deeper to darkness of his dirty shop and returned with narrow small box. — I think I know exactly what will fit you. Holly, 11 inches, phoenix feather.
He gave me the wand and I took it tremblingly. I waved my hand, and the handful of multi-colored sparks flow up, sprinkling Snape. He hissed something, brushing dying away sparks from shoulders.
Wow!
Well, now we will do anything we want!
I met look of grandpa that watched me from the outside.
— Curiously, very curiously, — Ollivander was repeating while packing my wand. I understood that he won’t calm down until I ask, and I asked:
— What’s so curious?!
— You see, miss Potter, usually phoenix gives just one feather, but in your case he gave two. That’s why I find it very curiously that this wand chose you. It’s sister, that has second feather inside… I’ll say that, it’s sister left this scar on your forehead.
He stuck me into a forehead. I mechanically covered the scar with a bang.
Very dramatic story.
— Will we have diner? — I asked, when we went outside. Snape carried my large purchases and he didn’t like it at all.
— I wonder why Hagrid has broken his leg, — he murmured drearily and hissed: — You will eat at home.
It seemed like my every word irritated him.
— Just five-o’clock-tea, please? — I cried, and he let me buy a roll in a cafe in front of the madam Malkin shop. I bought four – two for me and two for grandpa. I offered one to Snape out of politeness, but he just wrinkled.

The scandal was waiting at home. Petunia has told Vernon about everything, and now he shouted, nevertheless he didn’t risk to come to me closer.
— You will study at school for hard teenagers! — he shouted, when I was carrying bags upstairs. Snape came just till doors.
— Well well, at some point, it is true, — I agreed.

I locked the door listening to Vernon taking a seat and Petunia pouring him a glass of brandy.

I was standing on the threshold of a patrimonial Black house and my heart trembled in an anticipation. I have started to see the house already in the beginning of the summer. But door was locked and I couldn’t open it. Even dog’s door was closed though Arc could use it.

— Stop sighing, — grandpa said with emotion. — Open it.
I sighed one last time and pulled the door.
It was opened.
I have stepped onto a threshold of my house.

And I have nearly turned gray because of shrill squeal:

— WHO IS THAT?! SHAME ON THE BLACK FAMILY, THERE’S A BASTARD IN MY HOUSE!!!

I was so frightened that threatened with my new wand to the squeals side.
Flame was released from it and fire caught the huge rectangle. Just in a minute, I understood that it was a portrait of Walburga Black. Moreover, Arc has warned me about it.
— Come on, let’s start your story from destroying family relics, — grandpa said, bypassing the wall on which Walburga was panicking.
— Sorry, grandma, — I murmured, following Arc.
We were in the drawing room and I heard someone’s murmur from the kitchen.
— It’s Kreacher, a house-elf. Don’t burn him, he will be useful.

— Will he obey me? — I asked when ugly elf appeared in the room wearing old rag instead of clothes. He was even uglier than goblins.

— He will when we make ritual of accession.
Ritual of accession to the Black sort was planned to do in the middle of August. It was something of dark magic because it required blood magic. And even if I wanted to take a place on family gobelin I found this ritual creepy.
— Well, it’s quiet dirty here.
— When you receive your rights after the ritual, we will take money from Gringotts and buy one more elf. We need to repair everything, — Arc said. — let’s go, you’ll see all rooms.

Oh yes, I will have a wonderful travelling to a black market. I’m wondering, how will one react there if he sees eleven years old girl that buys elf for big money?
Sign up to rate and review this story