Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > Promises

Chapter 1:

by TheEpicTales 0 reviews

Sonic and Sally have an argument and officially break up. Turns out, coming back from the dead isn't as easy as it seems.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Amy Rose,Knuckles,Sonic - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2016-10-07 - Updated: 2016-10-10 - 481 words

1Original
"I don't know how else to say this, Sal; you've changed."

"Yeah, well, thinking your boyfriend is dead for a year can do that." Sally glared at Sonic.

They were standing in her quarters of Freedom HQ. Everything was pristine and organized, which was a habit she had picked up as a princess. "Do you have any idea how many times I cried myself to sleep?" she continued with an accusing tone, "How many times I asked myself 'why couldn't it of been me?'!"

Sonic averted his emerald-colored eyes from her hurt gaze. "I told you it had to seem real."
"I'm your girlfriend, or at least, I was! That means I'm your partner, you could've at least told me. What you did nearly destroyed us. It didn't just hurt me, Tails completely lost hope and blamed himself for your supposed death."

Sonic didn't reply, he just stared at his iconic red shoes. Sally continued, "If it hadn't of been for Knuckles's support, I don't know what we would've done."

Sonic looked up sharply at the mention of Knuckles's name. "He was probably glad to be rid of me, so he could take the spotlight," he muttered.

Sally slapped him and he staggered. "He's our friend; how dare you accuse him of wanting your death?!"

Sonic rubbed his cheek. "Oh yeah? Tell me, did he try any moves on you?" he shot back. Sally swung again, but he managed to dodge it this time and grabbed her wrist.

"No. You're lucky he's such a loyal friend because I probably would've thrown myself into his arms if he had."

Sonic released her and shook his head. "See, this is what I'm talking about. Old Sal wouldn't threaten to cheat."

"Hello?! I thought you were dead, and you've changed yourself. You're a bigger dick than ever."

"I'm sorry, Sal… but it's over."

"Fine! I don't want to talk to you ever again."

"Aw c'mon, it doesn't have to be that way…"

"Just go."

"But -"

"Go!" Sally pointed towards the door for added emphasis. Sonic shut his mouth and reluctantly slunk out. Sally's stern face broke as a tear formed and rolled down her face. She flung herself on her bed facedown to mute the breaking of her heart.
*
Sonic wandered out into the main commons of the base. The wide room was mostly deserted, only Tails and Amy talked quietly near the fox's workbench. They broke off when Sonic entered. Amy seemed uncomfortable while Tails deliberately looked away. Sonic knew what they had been talking about: his mysterious disappearance and, more recently, his mysterious reappearance. He also knew that they would need time to heal.

He continued to walk aimlessly, but as he passed he said, "I know you guys wonder where I went and why, and I'll tell you everything in good time." Neither replied and Sonic left the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story