Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Rhevireon: The Hermetic Elders of the Black Sun

1. The Beginning

by Kaesar 0 reviews

Day in and day out, who is greater than I?

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-10-10 - Updated: 2016-10-10 - 2754 words

0Unrated
Chapter I
THE BEGINNING


March 22nd
Day in and day out, who is greater than I? The soul they long humiliated and degraded, now is above them all! The thoughts rumbled inside of his head, what then had swept him over into the uncharted turf of a transcendent dream, wasn’t other than an astral whisper, thoughts echoed against the Spartan traits chiseling his face. In his metallic grey eyes the irresistible mergence of an awakened cognitive dissonance found its release, the ambivalence of his true inhibited self, coexisting in disgust at the decadence of soulless modernity but with admiration for the all-permeating universality of the modern world.
His name was, Dusk, Dusk Cezraef, a half-breed. But they hardly suspected, for what distinguished his specimen he lacked, no trace of their heterochromia iridum was to be found in him, that condition most recognized in the half-breeds, of each iris being of different color than the other was something absent from his eyes.
But one thing for sure was remarkable about him, the failed, insignificant man he was, or so they thought of him; yet none of them could read the signs, that somewhere inside of this man a brutal Will manifested, somewhere the wyrd awaited, unseen, to mightily unleash when the time would come, the kairos in which the wyrd is decided.
And it resembled nothing had he seen in the past of his life, the crepuscular horizon of that evening buried in those surging skies of a humanness creation, where the immersive stars were intractable, anymore.
Hoyden, by his side, clung to his jacket, a grey parka, Dusk had placed on her shoulders, not to keep her warm against the mild cold of March, but all she sought was the touch and feel of his presence around her, the scent of the past that invoked memories bygone, after his long departure and return.
Sitting on the edge, they’d climbed the rooftop’s cell site, their vantage point over the city limelight; on the rooftop, lattice aerials made hideouts for scores of the twilight moths.
There, at the apex of the high-rise, they’d subtle injection, euphoric doses. The metropolis stretching before their sight, divided by nine boroughs on the whole, linked together via a plexus of causeways spanning over the north, to the south and western vicinities, distinguishing most of the confluent districts of the panhandle megalopolis; in effect this congregation of boroughs had surrounded and overtime encompassed the undecidable figure core of our city, an enclave, a shanty town, old Juneau.
Eastward, at a distance, the sprawl of hi-tech skyscrapers laid on slopes of a spur of tapering hills, juxtaposing the industrial district with its looming construction of processing plants whose soaring chimneys, akin to belfries burning out tens of miles away into the wilderness, from where the Gastineau Channel had flowed, after its discharge of zinc-contaminated waters had waned significantly, due to isostatic rebound defect of the post-global warming era; the channel eventually came to run across the urban surroundings in a configuration of streams’ estuary, disjointing those districts by natural harbors, all fluxed into the ocean.
A retrofitted copy of the city’s polyomino of reinforced concrete tube buildings was, this apartment complex where they had lived for so long, the complex incorporating elements of the Megalith Industrial architecture, the architectonic acclimatization for salting away the capex, an integral part of the booming tiger economy of Juneauton Weltzentrum, the Zentrum, from many cities was Juneauton center of the world.
Somehow, he pro-liberal stance of hard scientific and technological prowess, brainchild of the authoritarian Assembly of the Theocrats, abbrev. ASTHE, proved effective.
Out of his pocket, Dusk produced a harmonica, he blew into it, blew his spleen, the way he did time and time again, whenever the transient gods of elation parted him and the winds of sorrow juddered his soul; in its overstrung and blue tunes they found their solace, what brought them to the rooftop one evening after the next, was something they indulged in.

It was said, it all happened after a strained period of relative peace, the by-product of a stale war, the bellum omnium contra omnes, the codenamed Divide et Impera, after which the Republic with the exception of Juneau, under terms of the Concession Charter, dissolved into a borderless international zone up for grabs, prompted by the interminable voracity after assuring a bit much of cabotage rights over the territorial waters and across airspace of geographic Alaska.
Today, circa 0115 A.P., Anno Pactum, according to the Occidental Regal Calendar.
The theocratic Occidental Regnum, what had formerly stood as the short-lived Republic of Alaska and its transient international zone successor, had been sundered unequally between the occupying forces, the three colonizing powers at last had reached an agreement, with the capital Juneau alone placed under the human administration of the apostate House of von Pittsburghois and House of Jurchen, after they had presumably turned their backs to the Alaskan separatists they pledged to aid, but against whom they conspired with the American military, under the virtual ownership of the Universal Council, which spearheading the unholy alliance of the Beith Alshyon, the Taigeth, the Eleckra and the House of Ashterov, lusting after their wet dream of an alien-ethno-state, they had the lion’s share, knitting to themselves the rest of Alaska in its entirety; to which, and for good reason, they had given the name, The Occidental Regnum.
In essence Alaska was divided into two separate polities, with the Alaska Interior separate from its historical capital Juneau, once the financial district of the Republic; all a scheme whose origins go back to the ratification of the Concession Charter, based on which Juneau did no longer exist, nominally.
To put an end to bloodshed, the Concession Charter was formulated by the capitulating Alaskan separatists, propounding their plan to reach a peaceful resolution to the alien homeland question, a resolution that would also ensure a living space for the last pockets of the native human populace of the crumbling Republic of Alaska, for which reason they reluctantly acceded to the colonizing powers’ will, that demanded the nation’s unconditional approval to dissolve the republic with the concession of its territories to the United States Pyrrhic victor, negotiating on behalf of its enablers, as the first step in their hundred-year social engineering project, Continental Plan West, whose implementation was halted at large during the transitory period of the international zone, to be enforced afterwards through a constitutional amendment from clause one to five, in article I of the Occidental Regnum’s constitution; it stated:

Clause 1: The highly urban Alexander Archipelago region whose beating heart is the capital Juneau, is de jure under the socio-economic domination of humans represented in the Sino-German dynastic alliance, the Jurchen-Pittsburghois, legally represented by the multinational megacorporation the Trans-Pacific Company, while the interior regions of Alaska are placed under the protectorate of the United States, the presumptive victor in the Divide Et Impera conflict.

Clause 2: Juneau, is no longer the Republican capital, to be renamed Juneauton Weltzentrum by its new Sino-German masters, by name of the Leviathan social contract, is to be elevated to the status of a cosmopolitan city-state with a free market economy, subject to a liberal democratic congressional system, where the natives as agreed upon in the Concession Charter are guaranteed equal rights to their intangible colonizers, a democracy that would heal the failures of the past, where the human-alien half-breeds are redeemed and granted equal rights to all.

Clause 3: The rest of geographic Alaska under the protectorate of the Mainland United States, to be renamed The Occidental Regnum with the geometric Eighth Wonder of the World, the city of Urheimat as its capital; this organic state is to be populated by the alien race of the Elders, whose migration to their new homeland to be funded and organized by the Universal Council.

Clause 4: Our Occidental Regnum is to be ruled by a theocratic regime, the Assembly of the Theocrats, the ASTHE governed by a triumvirate of high priests, they sit at the top of the caste system designed by the Universal Council, for the facilitation of the social segregation between the liberators and their native human subjects, and reciprocally the preservation of the primordial ethnic fabric of the human minority of our nation. The caste pyramid is thusly divided into four classes:
The sovereign caste, the patriarchal clergy class of the high priests, the Patriarchs Jurists, represented by the Assembly of the Theocrats, whose members ought to be inheritors of pure alien Eldersian blood directly descended from the elite dynasties, and whose sacral mission is to reign and preach the new Western religion of the one god, chief builder of the worlds, the Arkhitekton, under the supreme guidance of the Universal Council.
Below is the warrior caste, the class whose members are the elite military forces of the Occidental Regnum, the Troopboer soldier-peasantry, whose ancestry ought to be of alien Eldersian blood, and whose mission is spiritual before martial; the mission to defend the honor and soil of our Regnum, spread the new Western religion founded by the Assembly of the Theocrats, reproduce new adherents and to settle the cleansed far and wide territories of Alaska, under the supreme guidance of the Universal Council.
Inferior to the martial caste is the commoners class.
At the base of the caste pyramid is the serf class, the native people of human ancestry who objected to the Concession Charter’s ruling, their lands to be confiscated in return of being granted the right to live in peace, as long as they adhere to the new Western religion and respect their duty to farm the property assigned to them, under the overlordship of their liberators, us.
Excluded from this caste system is the Half-Breeds. Unlike their status in the human-ruled Juneauton Weltzentrum, the Half-Breeds profiled on the Occidental soil are subject to the reservation laws.

Clause 5: Juneauton Weltzentrum, A.K.A. the Zentrum, although autonomous from the Occidental Regnum in terms of economic, juridical and political affairs, foreign policy is the exception. The Weltzentrum is technically to remain an integral part of the Occidental Regnum, what is termed the Greater Occidento-Zentrum State, with the external relations of the Zentrum an integral part of the official Regnum’s foreign policy; in correlation the Juneauton Weltzentrum microstate must have no national armed forces of its own, in which case it has to rely on the service of private military organizations to maintain internal order, or in the case of international conflicts it is the military forces of the Occidental Regnum under the command of the Assembly of the Theocrats, that has the upper hand.

With Alaska forced into embracing its newfound identity, the Occidental Regnum, while abdicating its sovereign might over Juneau, inversely it had installed itself as a suzerain fright over the quondam capital.
Still no strings attached, the liberal capitalist rise of the Weltzentrum, had precipitated not only an abrupt industrialization wave throughout the Alexander Archipelago, towards the creation of a melting pot megalopolis, a multiethnic, consociational microstate; into the bargain was, a lingual influx of High Franconian, the German dialect spoken by the von Pittsburghois clan, and to a lesser degree, Mandarin Chinese mother tongue of the Manchurian Jurchen settlers, that cropped up well on the fertile grounds of the morphing city-state, culminating in a chain shift in the vowel length, and emphasis on stressed alveolar consonants, breeding a sort of a lingua franca, a distorted version of the natives’ Anglo-Saxon vernacular, that all the Juneautonuans talked down the street, without fully understanding it.
And so, the Occidento-Zentrum’s cultural hegemony had soon clouted far overseas countermining the global status quo, the Occidento-Zentrum soft superpower had beaten deep into the old Western order.
But the unanswered remained, what had led the Pitssburghois and Jurchen families to revoke the covenant they had forged with the separatists, which had brought the Republic to its premature demise?

When he’d met the urge to sup last drop of his spirit, Dusk flung the bottle against the wall, its violet-tinted glass shattered into lilac splinters.
Hoyden, who’d gotten caught up in the chaotic magic of that evening, turned to experiment the chemistry of nature.
“Every man and every woman is a star! What possibly did they mean, whoever said that?” she nudged him asking.
“Does it really matter what they meant?” he absently replied, “the gist of it is to be found by each on their own I’d say, perhaps, those words of times-past just like women, were meant to be loved and pondered over, not to be understood? Who am I to judge?”
“The stars!” her lips murmured, “how long have I wondered about them! Do they communicate athwart the dead silence around them, like the ocean denizens in the deep! Those stars, I’ve always asked myself what are their sounds? Are they malevolent gods and goddesses, or the seeds of benevolent demons? What do they think about us? for I think of them, of the North Star! Could it be the one to whom I pertain? Is it the first to rise above the celestial plane? Are you Polaris the brightest of them all?”
“The North Star? Far from it.” Was Dusk’s response, “that’s rather the Dog Star in the winter hexagon or Arcturus in the Boötes constellation of our northern hemisphere!” Pointing to their locations on the aqueous night map, though in vain, when the chiaroscuro of photopollution prevailed. As the Zentrum stepped further into the night, the sky above steadily contorted into something of an auburn-red dimension deprived of its crystal chandeliers, nothing but a boundless blank reflection of the street lights it had become.
“The Dog Star! Too bad never heard of it.”
“That’s the one, Sirius!” said he, “belongs somewhere in the Greater Dog clusters, the Canis Major, the lower its magnitude the higher its prominence, it is the one you see flickering with spectrum glimmer.” Interested in the course their exchange was heading to, he reacted with a sudden heated tone, “but truth be said, in the end, not all that glitters is a star, the first to rise and brightest of them all is Venus, Phosphorus, the Dawn Bringer Heosphoros!”
“Tell me about him,” Hoyden cried out passionately, “about whom much I’ve heard, but still I fathom naught, he who sacrificed much, but had earned the gratitude of a scarce few. The grand prince, patron saint of the demonic, the divine!”
“Agios O Eosphorus!” said he, his gaze strayed away into the distance as he carried on, “about whom the hymns were written, his names many, but his deed survived the ravage of ages as one and distinct, the Morning Star herald of poets and philosophers, the Torch Bearer of mankind, he who had enlightened our path to the future paved with the fire of knowledge. Heosphoros the charioteer who took the vow upon himself to lead the way before humanity, in our futile pursuit to the attainment of divinity. The hymns say it is Phosphorus who challenged his creator, the day he had by trick, stole spark of the heavenly fire, against their volition, and onto the hands of men he placed it, the deed that would spark the evolution of the human race, the progress of our civilization out of the abyss of slavery in the shackles of blind worship. But for what? what personal gain had he sought when he did it? None but his own suffering, his sacrifice to the ungrateful man, for when the gods cognized what the treasonous one had done, they brought upon him the cruelest of punishments, cast away into the perpetual nihility of the liminal void between the astral plane and the terrestrial sphere.” Dusk held his breath for a second, speculating, self-reflecting, then once more he spoke, “but whether he existed, or was he but a mere incorporeal timeless personification of a savior archetype, omnipresent in our collective unconscious, that I do not know!”

And time passed by, as they had the sensation of the brewing squall, creeping down the afar ridges that tenebrous mist shrouded their feet, the atmosphere grew uncannier, somber with scudding murky thunderheads emanating from yawning extensions, analogous to stupendous whalebone whales striving to swig the dwindled city towers crumbled under the arcus clouds, after they’d gotten lost, dimmed in their chasms, and the gusts groaned ominous of a climatic change. Suddenly life, had a new meaning.
Sign up to rate and review this story