Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Digimon Frontier: Spirits of Evolution

Prelude

by mpuppy4 0 reviews

Backstory.

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Davis,Kari,Ken - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2016-10-17 - Updated: 2016-10-17 - 492 words

0Unrated
PRELUDE

Many centuries ago, the Digital World was divided into six Kingdoms: Forest, Mountain, Desert, Sky, City, and Sea. These six Kingdoms were ruled by a single Emperor, known as Fanglongmon.

For a long time, Fanglongmon's empire was peaceful. But then, without warning, his power was challenged.

The Digital World was threatened by a powerful army, lead by seven incredible Mega level Digimon. This army called themselves The Almighty Armada, and their goal was to claim Fanglongmon's empire as their own.

The Legendary Warriors, a team of ten Digimon each with two forms, attempted to combat the Armada. However, their attempts were futile. They were far outnumbered, and even farther outpowered. They stood no chance against the evil Digimon.

Fearing for the safety of his Empire, Fanglongmon reached out across his six kingdoms, searching for anyone- scientists, mages, trainers -who could create creatures strong enough to combat the armada. Much to his relief, this was successful. He was eventually sent six Digimon, created for the soul purpose of defeating The Almighty Armada. Fanglongmon declared these Digimon to be The Legendary Guardians.

The Guardians seemed fit to take down The Almighty Armada. They had the strength and ability to wipe out entire armies. However, when it came down to it, there was one supposedly minor issue that tore the whole plan apart.

The Legendary Guardians were programmed to be fighting machines. They were incapable of strategy or working as a unit. The Armada found this hole in their defenses, and used it to destroy the Guardians.

Left without any other options, Fanglongmon turned to a last resort. He chose one Digimon from each Kingdom with the potential that the Guardians lacked, and bestowed them with the Spirits and power of the Legendary Guardians.

Miraculously, these Digimon were able to pull through. They defeated the Armada and sealed its leaders in a weakened stasis, in hopes that they could be kept this way for eternity.

When all was said and done, Fanglongmon thanked his warriors for their heroics doings. However, they could not hold on to the Spirits of The Legendary Guardians forever. The Spirits left their carriers, and traveled to places to this day left unknown.

The heroes were disappointed to have lost what they had come to find was an essential part of their being. However, they knew there was nothing that could be done. They said their goodbyes to one another, and made a promise that even without their Spirits, they could still find strength and heroism in their own kingdoms.

Centuries passed and the Digital World changed, faced with many evils that would be taken down by new heroes. It wasn't for a long time that it would be reminded of the army that once plagued Fanglongmon's empire, and even longer for the Spirits of The Legendary Guardians to find new carriers, in the form of several human children whom had already proven themselves worthy saviors of the Digital plain...
Sign up to rate and review this story