Categories > Cartoons > 6teen

Prepare Yourself If You Go To Get Your New Car

by KorsgaardKorsgaard8 0 reviews

Americans need to buy cars, and frequently, they want to head to a dealership and after 30 minutes be driving out with their brand new car. This canno

Category: 6teen - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2016-10-26 - 484 words

0Unrated
Americans need to buy cars, and frequently, they want to head to a dealership and after 30 minutes be driving out with their brand new car. This cannot be very sensible, given the cost of cars, which rank only behind buying a house as your biggest lifetime expense. Look at the lengths you go to when buying a house, but don't think about when it's a car.

You've got a lot of help when buying a home, such as a broker to identify a house that is best for you. You can have a legal professional confirm that the contract is not prejudicial, and then there's the title company which checks that you will get clear title before allowing you to pay for the house. There's not a single person to help you when you decide to go in to buy a new car. You can complete the entire process of buying a new car in a few hours flat, and drive off with your new car. There's a price, though, and in most cases it is that you spend more than you normally would.

Something you want to do is visit one dealership with the firm intention that you will under no circumstances buy a car while you are there. Promise yourself that you will only look and test drive the vehicles, and then return home to do some research. On the web, explore dealers' prices, safety ratings and option prices - also check for manufacturer to dealer incentives that you weren't told about. Always be clear and unbending on exactly what you can afford before going to a car dealership, so that you can avoid being talked into a car that costs more. You are the person who can lose the car, and have it repossessed when you can't make the payments.

Don't simply accept his word, insist on being able to see any calculations the finance manager makes. Just a couple of dollars a month added on your monthly payments, and you blissfully unaware, can make a lot of extra money for dealerships. Let's imagine $500 is what you tell a salesman you can afford; he could then say he has a deal for $480 which in truth is only $460. The information he offers pleases you, but in the meantime the dealership is taking an extra $20 per month of your money. Any time you keep them honest you get to keep your money. What works well is always to record notes about everything that you learn, even the salesman's conversation. That way there's no doubt and hopefully integrity can prevail.




You may as well make buying a car a pleasurable experience, so keep the upper hand, and remember it is your new car. If at any point you start having uncertainties of any shape or size in regards to a deal, walk away, it's your decision, not theirs, at the end of the day.
Sign up to rate and review this story