Categories > Cartoons > American Dragon: Jake Long

Some Leading Tips For Traveling On A Budget

by factscarf5warren 0 reviews

There is much to learn about travel and once you know and apply this knowledge you can travel successfully. There is plenty of information available o

Category: American Dragon: Jake Long - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2016-11-01 - 868 words

0Unrated
There is much to learn about travel and once you know and apply this knowledge you can travel successfully. There is plenty of information available online, however not everything you read will apply to your specific situation. This article will give some of the best tips known in regards to travel.

Make sure you keep your receipts. Saving receipts and keeping them organized while traveling is always a smart idea, especially if your trip is business related. Not only is it a good idea for financial reasons, they can also serve as a journal of sorts and can even make nice mementos from your trip.



Scout out coupons and deals. Before you set off for your destination, do a thorough Internet search for attraction and restaurant discounts. A month or two before you leave, sign up for a local deals flash site for your destination to score some great discounts. You can also look into purchasing a coupon book for your destination. Browse the coupons it contains and determine if the cost of the book will be more than made back in the money you'll save.


Do some research ahead of time and look for dining credits and coupons for your destination. You can also save a lot of money by getting advice about where to eat before you depart. This is better than asking for recommendations when you are already hungry and in a strange place.

If you're going on a road trip with kids, try bringing some cookie sheets along with you. They're great to use as lap trays for eating in the car. The having the edges curved up with prevent any spills too and they're easy to clean off quickly. You can also flip them over and the kids can use them as desks for coloring, writing, or playing a game.

Mix things up a bit and travel to somewhere you haven't been before. You want to go to as many diverse and interesting places while you can on this planet. You might even consider traveling internationally. If you decide you want to travel internationally make sure you get your passport and funds ready, as well as look into the currency exchange rates for different countries.

When going on a cruise, wear your room key around your neck, on a lanyard or similar item. Losing your room key on a cruise ship can cost you greatly, not only in money, but in lost time. Keeping your key with you wherever you go can insure that you, and your belongings, will be safe.

Traveling by bus is an economical alternative to flying, but you should be aware of luggage requirements before packing for your trip. Find out the weight and size limits of luggage imposed by your chosen bus company, in addition to the number of bags you can take. If you are bringing skis, snowboards or other bulky equipment, make sure you comply with the company's policies. Be prepared to move your own luggage if transferring buses, as most bus companies do not provide this service.

When traveling by air in the U.S. you can get through security faster if you wear slip-on shoes. Since you have to remove your shoes when going through security it is better to have shoes that come off and go on quickly so you can retrieve your other belongings quickly.

If the cleanliness of the hotel you have chosen is a concern for you, use a clean T-shirt as a pillowcase. While you may not be able to fix the sheets, you can at least stay clothed. Your face is what you need to protect the most, so always have a clean shirt on hand!

Show your loyalty. Even if you are only planning to stay one night, if your hotel has a loyalty program, it can be worth it to join. In addition to additional amenities, such as garment pressing or free meals, a guest who is perceived as a loyal customer is less likely to be chosen if the hotel is overbooked and needs to cancel a reservation or needs to substitute a lower quality room.

When on a plane with a child, give them a lollipop at takeoff and landing. The child will love the treat, however the main thing is that it will help with the ear pressure and will help keep them from getting too cranky during this time. Once the child is older you can use gum.

If you have a smartphone, use it to help with your travel plans, and also, as a handy tool once you arrive at your destination. You can send yourself the itinerary through email, use the GPS feature to figure out where to go, and text message your friends and family. You can also use it as an entertainment device by downloading audiobooks or games. It's small and convenient to carry, but it can serve many functions for you.

Hopefully, these tips have given you something of value - or at the very least - something useful to mull over. Above all else, it is important to stay safe while traveling. Aside from that, try to just push the stress aside and have fun. Enjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story