Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Whole Again.

by candymoonway 0 reviews

The war is over, Voldemort is dead. Draco assisted Harry and is now gravely injured. Can Hermione nurse him back to health and heal is physical and emotional wounds?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2016-11-11 - Updated: 2016-11-11 - 1950 words

0Unrated
Hey everyone, just started writing this fic so please be patient with me :)
I do not own the characters! They belong to J.K Rowling.
This fic will eventually have emotional trauma and sexual components to it. I have this entire fic organised in my head, it's just a matter of writing it up. Please review and let me know your thoughts! This is obviously a spin on what actually happened.
Basic summary - Draco joins the order, is injured in the war, Hermione acts as a medi witch and nurses him back to health. Bit of an emotional roller coaster. Blossoming romance. Self image issues. Can Hermione make Draco feel whole again? He may have a disfigurement if I go with my first idea.
Enjoy!!!




It was over.

The war was finally over.

Harry Potter with his army, The Order of the Phoenix had fought hard and strong at the final battle through the cold Winter day on Hogwarts grounds. The ambush came as a complete surprise. The Order members really thought they would have more time, but alas the moment had come and those who were of age and able had to fight.

Screams, cries and curses had ripped through the frosty air for hours on end. The professors and The Order had done all they could to get the juniors into protection but Voldemort's army had come through the barriers and the grounds faster than anyone could have anticipated.

They say War is hell and Draco Malfoy could not have agreed more. Bodies from both sides were strewn across the lawns, many injured and others lay lifeless. Their eyes clouded over with the horror of their final moments. The dawn of a new day would be filled with tears of joy and celebration but also with heart break and loss.

Alas, Voldemort was dead.

Draco had been elated the moment he saw the life leave his ghastly pale eyes, a feeling of satisfaction that he had assisted in his fall from glory.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort cackled as a chorus of laughs rang out amongst the Death eaters.

"No! No!" Ginny Weasley cried. Arthur Weasley held his only daughter back as she tried to run to Hagrid. Tears streamed down the gentle giants face as he held Harry's lifeless body.

"Oh, Albus" Minerva Mcgonagall cried as Dumbledore cradled her in an embrace.

Draco's heart sank, looking around at the crestfallen faces in the crowd around him, wand still clenched tightly in his hand.

"Harry Potter is dead! From this day forth, you put your faith in me" Voldemort bellowed again. "And now I shall give each of you the chance to come forward and join us.. Or meet your fate".

Silence fell.

"Draco..".

"Draco.. Come" the choked out voice of Lucius called across the way.

Draco stood his ground. He had abandoned the Death Eaters and their extreme prejudice ideas and visions months prior. This was clearly his fathers last attempt to sway him into Voldemort's ideology. Draco missed his mother and despite his cold demeanour and countless mistakes, he did feel for his father in this moment, but he would not falter. He believed in the cause of The Order. As difficult as it had been walking out on his family and turning his back on everything he had been raised to believe in, he knew this is where he needed to be regardless of abandoning his lineage. Voldemort would surely kill him for his betrayal anyway. If he was going to die today, he may as well die for the right cause.

Draco didn't say a word. He could feel the faces of everyone around turn to face him. No doubt previous years of conducting himself like a slimy git, had some people fighting on the side of good doubting him, wondering if he would abandon them in this turn of events. He could hardly be angry at them for that.

But he knew a lot of people in this sea of fighters did believe in him.

Believed in his change of heart.

Believed in his rebirth.

Believed in him.

Even Harry Potter had shook his hand before The Order separated to fight when the chaos had erupted.

He could see the glint of hope fade from his fathers eyes as they looked into each other's dishevelled and dirty faces.

Suddenly he felt a hand clap down onto his shoulder. He turned to see the stern face of his God father standing beside him. His chin held high as he stared into the sea of Death Eaters. To his surprise Ronald Weasley stepped in front of him defensively.

Draco saw his father crumble. But where was his mother? Knowing his father, he refused to let her come to the battle and sedated her so she wouldn't be in a panic. He shuddered pushing from his mind the thought of the distress he would have caused her when he fled the manor.

"So.. The traitors have made their choice.. Draco, Severus.. You will die with the rest of these pathetic people" Voldemort hissed.

The events that followed passed by in a blur

Draco saw Harry begin to stir in Hagrid's arms. He saw the expression on Hagrid's face turn from utter despair to new hope and knew immediately what he had to do.

"Confundus!" He projected himself forward, past Weasley, the green light shooting from his wand into Voldemort's chest as Harry sprung up and threw himself from Hagrid's hold.

"Potter!" Draco cried out, running towards him. This was their chance.

Voldemort recovered from the confusion spell quickly, screaming in anger as Draco made it over to Harry.

"Crucio!" Voldemort bellowed.

Draco felt the curse hit him square in the back a split second after he thrust the wand into Harry's hand. He lost control of his body as he screamed in agony, writhing and convulsing on the stone ground. Hagrid made quick work of pulling Draco into his arms and making a dash over to the Order.

"Finite Incantatum!" Dumbledore pressed his wand to Draco's chest and instantly the pain faded.

Next thing he knew, as if watching the world in slow motion, Draco saw the horror roll over his father's face as death consumed Voldemort and his flesh crumbled into ash. It was done.

In a flash, cowardly Death Eaters fled and disapparated from the scene while the more loyal followers chose to stick around and fight to the death, inflicting as much damage as they could in the wake of defeat.

In turn, the fight commenced. Draco ran through Hogwarts, taking out any Death Eaters that came across his path.

When he had been among the Death Eaters and forced to participate in their Revels, he could not stomach the idea much less consider performing the unforgivable Avada Kedavra curse but as he tore through the place, defending and protecting himself and others, he found himself performing it without a shred of guilt or second thought.

As he took down Goyle Senior, he came across a familiar pair of blue eyes brimming with tears and hiding behind a pillar.

'Oh, Merlin.. What is she doing here?!' He thought. Taking her hand and holding her close, he ran with her. He must get her to safety. This was his mission now. As the pair darted through the chaotic halls, he envisioned another pair of eyes he wanted to behold again. Eyes like rich honey. Eyes he had not seen for a while in the battle.

'Please, Granger.. Please be okay'


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tears blinded his vision.
His breath was laboured and hitching in his lungs.

Pain resonated through his entire body.

Despite all this and the fact he was almost certain today would be the day he would die, he smiled. For once in his comfortable, pampered life he had thought on his own and stood on his own two feet. His father had told him he had become a man when he received the Dark Mark, but Draco felt he had become a man the moment he decided to show his humanity, defy his father and fight for the right cause. Power, blood purity and what they deemed proper breeding meant nothing to him. Despite the pain and suffering, he had done the right thing. He could die happy if this was the end of his journey.

Beneath the rubble of stone, wood and dust he cradled the girl closer to his chest, beside him. If he could at least keep her warm and sheltered until help arrived, he would feel almost complete. The only wish he had right now was that he could have one last embrace or at least some reassurance that Hermione was safe. In his time in The Order the two had struck up a comfortable friendship. She was one of the first people to welcome him with open arms and compassion when he had come to Dumbledore for help. She had seen the good in him.

More tears escaped his eyes as he remembered the last time he saw her.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Draco!" She cried out, reaching him in the panic stricken Great Hall.

"Hermione! .. It's time. Please promise me you'll be safe. Protect others as I know is your nature but please.. Please protect yourself too" he pulled her into his arms.

'I don't want to lose you..' He thought.

"I promise.. Please take care, Draco. Please" she sobbed into the crook of his neck, crushing him to her.

In a flash she was gone.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Draco sobbed quickly, squeezing the girl in his arms to him a little tighter. He tried to shift, hoping to free them but the weight of the debris was too much on his aching body. He was sure the warm, wet sensation running down his face and neck was his blood.

He almost missed it as he tried to assess the kind of damage that might be affecting him through his blinding pain. The shallow breaths at the hollow base of his neck had stopped and so had the vibration of the girl trembling.

"Winter?" He croaked, his throat dry and hoarse. No response.

"Winter?" he tried his best to shake her despite their constriction.

"No, no, no, no! Come on Winter, wake up. Merlin, dammit to hell, please answer me!" He choked out, his broken voice cutting in and out.

After a few moments of pleading and praying Draco broke down and cried into the top of the girls hair. He kissed the top of her head repeatedly, squeezing her lifeless body to him as close as he could.

He had tried to save her life. He had tried to take her out of harms way, but he had failed. The raven haired girl had died in his arms but he was too wrought with sadness too see the positive that at least she hadn't died alone or at the hands of torture and curses. Draco couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel of this dark day.

His voice was now mute. Try as he may, no sound would escape his lips. He cooed words of comfort to her in his mind as he held her.

'I'm sorry, Winter, I'm so sorry. This wasn't how it was meant to be' he thought as the darkness enveloped them when night fell.

It must be all over, Draco had never experienced such stillness and silence in all his life. No doubt the remaining Death Eaters were captured or killed. Thus so, the healing and rebuilding would begin for those who survived.

Pain throbbed in Draco's head, making the world spin in waves and soon an almost welcome unconsciousness washed over him.
Sign up to rate and review this story