Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Misery Business

27

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 0 reviews

Mikey sees another side of Elena

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2016-11-21 - 487 words

1Ambiance
Mikey and Elena sat in silence. Elena had grabbed another glass and filled it with red wine. She swirled the wine, staring down at the liquid wistfully.

Quite honestly neither of them knew what to say, and so they said nothing.

"I'm-"

"I l-"

They each decided to fill the silence at the same time, cutting each other off. Again, silence.

"You look like you haven't been sleeping." It was Elena who started them off. Mikey's eyes gave away how exhausted he was. Elena wanted so desperately to reach out and touch him... but she stopped herself.

"You look like you have been sleeping just fine." Mikey responded but his tone was not rude.

Elena shrugged, "Looks can be deceiving."

Mikey laughed, without humor.

"I understand that you're mad." Elena whispered, "but I put aside my pride and apologized. I stopped everything I was, I am sorry and there are no other ways that I can prove that. I can't take back what already happened."

"Would you if you could?" Mikey asked, quite softly.

"Yeah." Elena answered and the answer stung Mikey. "You might not want to hear that or anything else I have to say but if I could take it all back I would. I never meant to hurt you. It was just... business."

"The business of breaking hearts has to pay better than this apartment." Mikey commented.

"I like this apartment." Elena responded. "Plus, I pay my mom's rent too." She shrugged like it was no big deal.

"I don't know how someone so cold can be so kind." Mikey let his eyes rest on Elena and slowly she looked up and they held each other's hungry stares.

"You should go back home." Elena's words surprised Mikey.

"We have unfinished business." Mikey moved forward so slowly, his lips barely brushed against Elenas.

"I never knew..." Elena swallowed hard, pulling away. "I never knew that feeling like this was real." Her voice broke. "I figured it was just a chemical inbalance in the brain."

Mikey laughed, "Like depression?"

Elena just shrugged.

Mikey nodded as he realized she was dead serious. "You're really damaged, you know?"

Elena breathed in sharply, taking his words as an insult.

Mikey brushed some hair from her face. "That is okay Elena. That is normal. We are all damaged."

Elena stared in to Mikey's eyes, feeling lost. She didn't want to acknowledge being damaged. She didn't want to feel so bare in front of someone else, even Mikey.

"Have you... slept with anyone else since..." Mikey had looked away.

Elena was surprised by the question. "No, I haven't taken any jobs since."

Mikey shook his head, "I don't mean business."

Elena was confused. "Mikey... I don't do that. I don't date or have sex outside of work... or I didnt."

Mikey's eyes widened as he realized just how lonely Elena's life really was. She was more damaged than he had thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story