Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8

Oceana

by schism-ism 1 review

Mildly introspective Squall... A dream.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Seifer, Squall - Published: 2005-06-20 - Updated: 2005-06-20 - 215 words - Complete

2Insightful
Squall dreamed of water. He'd seen this place before: ocean and sand and sky. He was little. He never imagined being this little except in his dreams, but his thoughts were that of his current self. Grown up and tiring.

He heard the sound of the waves crashing, a loud hushing sound that made everything but a whisper sound harsh and intruding. He tried not to talk to much or to ask too many questions. He never got answers.

He asked anyway.

"How do I survive?" He'd whisper, just as he was supposed to. More hushing sounds as the cool, clear water lapped at his feet. The ocean breeze kissed his cheeks and made a mess of his hair.

"How do I fix it? ...How do I fix me?" he asked, a little louder now, in his child's voice.

"You always ask the wrong questions," A man answered. He knew this man. It was Seifer, tall and fierce and more than a little stronger.

"The wrong person. The wrong questions. Don't you ever learn?" Seifer's voice was almost curious. Almost.

"Do you know?" Squall murmured. His mouth was set in a thin line, eyes defiant.

Seifer quirked one brow and smirked. "That would be telling , wouldn't it, Squally boy?"
Sign up to rate and review this story