Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > When You Wish Upon a Devil

Just a Dream

by Rogue14 1 review

In trade for her soul, the 'Devil' grants Rogue 7 wishes. It's a dream come true when she can just 'wish' her powers away or gain anything else. But it's a nightmare when all her wishes end up wors...

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Rogue - Published: 2006-09-02 - Updated: 2006-09-02 - 957 words

0Unrated
A/N: I don't know why I decided to write this. I already have a fic with the Rogue losing her powers thing yeah but this idea kept bugging me after watching 'Beddazled' for the uh....seventh time and I just had to get it out of my system. School was off for a few days, that's how I was able to write this, which means I'm still stuck with studies until exams are over.

**********************

"Aww...isn't that cute?" Kitty gushed, gazing ahead at Scott, giving Jean a golden heart-shaped pendant.

"Yeah...cute..." Rogue muttered apathetically when Jean pecked Scott on the cheek as a thank you gesture. She turned her head away from the scene. Kitty, however, kept on watching.

"Maybe I should just skip today's driving lesson," Kitty contemplated and took a bite out of her sandwich. "Or..." she gulped down the piece and turned to face Rogue. "You look eighteen, so maybe-"

"Forget it!" Rogue shot up from the bench and started walking away.

"Where are you going? You haven't even touched your lunch," Kitty pointed out.

"Ah just lost mah appetite," Rogue responded sourly. She groaned when Kitty began following her. "Can you leave meh alone and annoy someone else?"

"Well all my normal friends are traitors. Jubilee and Rahne left. Jean is busy with Scott, Evan is with the Morlocks, Kurt is with Amanda, Amara has some project to do so-"

"So you're stuck with me for an hour? Perfect!"

"Plus the Professor said that we should stay close to you," Kitty recalled.

"Ah can take care of mahself and don't need an annoyin' cat ta baby-sit me!"

"Hey! If you go on wrecking the whole town again-"

"Then the first thing Ah'll remember ta wreck will be you!" Rogue said between gritted teeth then took off.

"Hey! Like wait!" Kitty quickly finished her sandwich and sprinted after her.

"Ooooh! I hate it when she does that!" she fumed after she lost Rogue.

***********************

"Being a furry creature is better than this," Rogue mumbled, leaned against a tree watching Kurt and Amanda a few feet away, having their lunch. She sighed sadly when Jean and Scott took a table adjacent to them. "Just once...." she began, gazing at Scott. "Just once.....Ah wish Ah could know get close ta some-" she abruptly stopped and shook her head. "Why do Ah even bother? Ah can't even touch. And they are practically a couple and-Ugh! Doesn't she ever give up?" she grumbled when Kitty approached Kurt and Amanda's table.

"Sorry to disturb you guys, but have you seen...." Rogue was off before anyone spotted her and was now on the football field.

"You seem quite in a hurry," a voice said, stopping her in her tracks. "Going on a rampage again?"
Rogue spun around to face the owner of the voice.

"Hey," the person greeted with a grin, sitting on the bleachers. "How are you doing?"

The guy looked somewhere between eighteen or nineteen Rogue guessed. He wore a black overcoat over a plain black shirt and black pants to match it.

Rogue resisted her urge to ask how he could wear these in such a hot weather and not be drenched in sweat. Instead, she gave him an icy glare. "What do you want?"

"Me? Just wanted to tell you how cute you look in an angry mood," he replied, innocently.

"Give me one good reason why Ah shouldn't just kill you right now!" Rogue said angrily. She couldn't tell if he was flirting with her or making fun of her. It had to be the latter. The normal girls must've put him up to this. It made sense.

"Oh because you need me," he answered, getting up, "to make your impossible desires, possible."

Rogue smirked. "Really? You're goin' ta kill yourself for meh?"

"Rogue! Like where are you?"

Rogue groaned when she saw Kitty a few feet away, searching for her. She started to take off again, but bumped into the boy, who surprisingly appeared out of nowhere, in front of her.

"No, I'm going to give you anything you wish for," he answered Rogue's question then turned his attention towards some cheerleaders passing by. They giggled when he flashed them a smile. "Oh yeah! I'm a female magnet," he then turned to Rogue who looked like she was really going to kill him. "Now, don't you wish to be like that so guys will even notice you?"

"Ah don't want guys noticin' me!" she snapped and stalked forward.

"What about a certain guy named... Hmm....Scott Summers?"

This got Rogue's attention too good.

She whirled around, giving him a skeptical look. "Who are you?"

"Ah! Finally you notice me," he said, walking up to her. "Believe it or not, but...." he came closer before whispering. "I'm the devil."

"The devil?" Rogue raised her brow, obviously not believing him. "Uh-huh...okay..."

"But just call me Devon. Don't want people to get suspicious now," he winked.
Rogue gave him a disgusted look. "Okay Mr. Devil, Ah'm queen of the underworld so just call me dead."

"You don't believe me," he sighed. "That's completely understandable. But I can prove it to you. Just ask for anything."

"Hmm....Anything?"

"Yup. Anything at all."

"Hey Rogue!" Rogue turned to see Kitty running towards her. She turned back to Devon.

"Alright, make her disappear," Rogue said sarcastically.

"Your wish is my command," he said and snapped his fingers.
Kitty's yelling suddenly stopped. Rogue frowned then slowly turned around.

"Huh?" was all she managed to utter when she could not find any trace of her friend.

"That was the demo," Devon said, rubbing his hands together. "Now let's get to the real part!"

************************

A/N: Good? Bad? Reviews please!
Sign up to rate and review this story