The battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2006-09-03 09:04:08 AMYeah, it was a pretty damn good chapter. I really liked seeing Hagrid throwing Tom around like a rag doll. Too bad he had to die in the end, but at least Norbert and Grawp are still around.
Looking forward to your next update, as always.
Author's responseActually,Snape and the reinforcing DEs finished off Norbert. In a realistic story Hagrid can be a very dangerous enemy. Grawp lived though.
- I love this story! Godd jod with this chapter. Can't wait to find out what Harry's plan is. Anyway hope you keep updating.
Author's responseGlad you like it. I think Hannah wants to know what Harry's plan is even more than you. See you in 2 weeks.
(#) Cubdom 2006-09-03 04:11:22 PMGreat chapter Jim. FF.net is down, so I had to come over here to read. The battle was enjoyable... and a fitting end for Hagrid. He and Aragog died like warriors.
Author's responseI wanted to write an epic battle and give Hagrid a real nice scene. The man has got to be able to kick some ass.
- Great chapter. Yeah that was a great fight between Voldemort and Dumbledore, although I think you used to many new spells and not enough of the killing curse. It is Unblockable and according to cannon his favorite. Apart from that to many people call Voldemort tom in your story I know it is easier to write but it takes away from him as a character.
I understand the name calling in stories where Voldemort isn’t as bad as they all make him out to be but in yours, he is truly a powerful man, and for people to always be calling him tom is foolish. Experienced fighters don’t underestimate their opponents. They speak their name with the reverence due. For fear, they become careless, and make a foolish mistake with a deadly enemy.
I have always thought Dumbledore’s belief that he knows Voldemort / Tom Riddle so well is incredibly foolish.
That said each writer has his, or her own style.
I also liked your fight between Hagrid, and Voldemort. And I loved the use of the potentially fatal mistake with Legilimency, though you did spell Legilimency wrong. It’s a take I have only seen used once before.
I am hoping to see a bit of Snape in a duel, or a fight of some kind even a raid, I am wondering if he is as good a duelist as he is made to be in the books. Only if you do make him a good duelist, I recommend Non-verbal spells only with the exception of the killing curse. Simply because it hold in character with Snape being very cunning and reflects that Snape was a spy and plays things very close to the chest.
I know there was more I wanted to comment on, but now that I am writing this review I can’t remember what it was, so in closing this was a great chapter, I really enjoyed it, and I can hardly wait for the next.
Author's responseHagrid reason for being able to call Voldemort by his name will be explained next chapter. As for using a wide array of spells, I wanted the chapter to be a bit more than just a continious stream of killing curses. Perhaps it takes alot out of you to cast it? Against a master of conjuring and transfiguring, the curse is indeed blockable. You'll note that the first time he uses it, it gives Dumbledore an opportunity to cast a complex transfiguration creating the winged lion.
Snape in a duel. Coming soon by request.
- OUTSTANDING CHAPTER!!!! you could of used Arming your Enemies I'd of thought it was hilarious, I love puns and jokes like that, anyways I loved the chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next I mean this story keeps getting better and better everytime you update. do keep up the amazingly awesome and outstanding work and update soon:):):):)
Author's responseThanks as always for the review. Part of the fun is titling the chapters. It all started with Percy the other white meat, but my favorite thus far is the one about Lucius.
- Nice chapter and a thrilling fight scene. Very well done.
As an aside I wonder what sort of memory Harry gave up. He never specificly stated he was surrendering the prophecy, only what Dumbledore told him BEFORE harry destroyed his office. And how will Voldie react when he finds out that Snivellus got tricked?
Author's responseIt's coming in this chapter....
Glad you enjoyed the fight scene. I always felt a Voldy/Dumbledore showdown should be something grand. The one in OOTP seemed lacking.
- Ok...i have to addmit that when I first began to read this story I was a little put off by the pairing but as soon as I got used to it this story became one of my all time favorites...keep up the good work
Author's responseLooks like you double posted, but twice the reviews is that much more fun. Thank you for the praise and I certainly intend to keep on working on this story. Jim