Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hopping Mad (This Ball is Bouncing)

Part 1: Break a Leg

by Marvolo666 1 review

Harry Potter befriends Luna Lovegood after a she is viciously attacked by her peers, leaving her injured. When Harry her to the Yule Ball despite her broken leg Romance, Laughter and Chaos ensues. ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Luna,Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2016-10-30 - Updated: 2017-02-14 - 3351 words

2Ambiance
I do not own Harry Potter. I don't own any of the Character's, Places or Things from The Harry Potter World. I make NO Money or Profit of Any Kind. The same goes for any unoriginal lyrics or poetry.



Hopping Mad (This Ball is Bouncing)
By Marvolo666
Beta Read by PenguinAgen






Part 1: Break a Leg





Harry James Potter had not had an easy life. He was never one to complain, never one to ask why. He just accepted the things he could not change and tried to help others instead. However in the middle of his fourth year, (a year he had fought both his best friend and a bloody Dragon,) Harry had an epiphany. It was as if his eyes had open for the first time. Now he just wanted the shout his revelation for the world to hear…

Being a Teenager Really Sucks!

He had to ask some bloody girl to the bloody Yule ball despite having just about all of them turn on him just weeks before. He did not want to bloody dance in front of the whole school and look like a bloody idiot. He did not want to ask out most girls since he was a bloody fourteen year old and therefore completely terrified of them. Not that he wasn't interested…he was just too scared to talk to any. Those he did know were Ginny, (Ron's sister) and Hermione (practically HIS own SISTER).

There was one girl he wanted to ask out. She was a wonderful, pretty, angelic, girl with an amazing personality and brains fitting of her house. She had completely won Harry's heart to the point he actually overcame his fears and asked her to the ball.

Her name was

"Cho Chung"

.

…No wait

.

Chang Chu?

.

.

No…

.

Cho Chang! That's it. Cho Chang!

Ok…Harry wasn't remotely in love with her, he didn't even really know her. However being raised in a loveless home…and being a stupid teenager, (Teenagers are stupid…admit it, too much hormones, too little brain usage) He did not know the difference between love and lust. Before he could learn this in the most awkward and painful way however Cho Chang saved him. She already had a date to the ball.

His name is Cedric Diggory and unlike Harry…he wasn't teenager stupid. He was really bloody stupid. He was the type of guy who reminded you of everything wrong in the world. He looked like a douche, talked like a douche...was a douche and Harry really wished he would just die.

"He is stupid and ugly Hermione, the little shit." Harry grumbled under his breath he made his way to the Gryffindor tower.

Hermione, who was at his side as usual, couldn't help but laugh. "Harry, he is not ugly. He is actually quite handsome. His skin practically sparkles. You're just jealous he got the girl and you didn't. Oh and don't curse Harry, It's not civilized."

Harry reluctantly conceded and nodded. "But you do agree that he is stupid."

"Merlin yes, it's a wonder he passed his OWLs!" Hermione chuckled as Harry's mood lightened.

It was at this moment Harry's life was change forever. It wasn't what Hermione had said or done. It had nothing to do with their conversation at all. It was the sound Harry heard while walking past a small cupboard…one he had never seen before.

Hermione had stopped when she realized Harry was not by his side. She looked over her shoulder to see him facing the cupboard with a strange look on his face. "Harry, what is it?"

Harry held a hand up to silence her. In the quiet, they could both here the sound from inside the cupboard. The sound of crying.

Harry slowly approached the door and quietly knocked. "Hello?"

The crying stopped and a small voice of a girl came from within. "Please help me."

Harry tried to open the door but found it had been locked. Without even thinking about it Harry took out his wand and cast "Alohomora."

Harry was shocked to find the door would still not open and began banging against the door. Hermione watched as Harry violently struggled as if he was the one locked in the cupboard.

Hermione tried to calm Harry down as he was starting to hyperventilate, "Harry we should get a professor. I'm sure they can get her out."

Harry wasn't listening as he again aimed his wand at the door. "Hello? If you can hear me, I'm getting you out of there. Portaberto!"

To Hermione's amazement a light came from Harry's wand and the door handle melted to the floor. Harry through himself against the door knocking it over.

The girl was lying on the ground at the back of the cupboard. She had beautiful blond hair, sapphire blue eyes and skin as white as snow. Harry could tell she had been crying, most likely from a swollen, twisted ankle. He was certain it was broken.

"Hermione, get a teacher or Madam Pomfrey, NOW!" Harry shouted causing Hermione to take off without a moment's thought. She had never seen Harry in such a rage since he found out about his Godfather's supposed betrayal.

Harry approached the injured girl who looked at him with a hint of fear, before recognition reached her eyes. "Hello Harry Potter, I had a feeling we would meet one day."

Harry took off his school robe and started wrapping it around the offending limb. "This should hold it until help arrives."

"But help has already arrived. You have helped me. No one has helped me before. Thank you Harry Potter." The girl whispered as she grimaced from the pain.

"It's just Harry." The young wizard mumbled.

"Hello Just Harry, I thought your name was Harry Potter." The Girl hummed.

"It is," Harry answered. "But my friends just call me Harry."

"My name is Luna Lovegood, but people just call me Loony." Luna announced as she shook Harry's hand. "I wouldn't know what my friends all me since I don't have any."

Harry frowned, "Why would anyone call you Loony?"

"I can't be certain, but I suspect Nargles." Luna whispered mysteriously.

"Nargles?"

"They are invisible creatures that fly in your ear. They also like to steal my belongings. I bewitched my necklace to keep them away." Luna spoke calmly. "That said, I have spotted my classmates stealing from me as well."

Harry's eyes darkened. "Did they lock you in here and do this to you?"

Luna looked at her broken ankle and nodded. "They like using tripping spells. I don't think they intended to hurt me, though they didn't seem that upset about it. I must say, I have broken my share of toes but this hurts much more."

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Harry asked.

"You have already done enough Harry Potter. The others like to say mean things about you, but I think they're just being rude. You are a good person Harry."

"Uhh…Thanks Luna." Harry muttered embarrassed.

"Why thank me for saying the truth? Must be Wrakspurts. You're the first person to call me Luna other than my Dad. It's either Lovegood or Loony." Luna said with a smile.

"What about you're Mother?"

Luna looked down with a hint of sadness for the first time. "She used to call me Moonchild, but she hasn't called me anything since she died."

Harry felt his heart drop to his stomach. "I'm sorry Luna."

"I was nine, she did love playing with spells. One day it went wrong and she died right in front of me." Luna whispered. "It's OK though, I know she's someplace where she's happy. One day we will meet again...but I do miss her terribly."

"I'm sorry Luna," Harry repeated, grabbing her hands. "Really I am."

Luna stared directly into Harry's eyes. "You really mean it don't you."

"Of course I do" Harry insisted. "I know what it's like to lose a parent."

"I guess you would. I'm sorry about your parents Harry Potter. I'm sure they are very proud of you." The girl said seriously.

Harry nodded "Thanks."

Luna sighed. "Definitely Wrakspurts."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of rushed footsteps as Hermione returned with McGonagall. Without saying a word, McGonagall rushed into the cupboard and start examining Luna's leg. She didn't need her wand to confirm it was broken.

In a matter of minutes, they were all in the Hospital wing as Luna was having her leg fixed up. Madame Pomfery began her report. "The good news is your leg is no longer broken, the bad news is you tore some muscles which will take time to heal."

Luna nodded numbly as she stared at her leg. "Will I be able to walk soon?"

"Not for another two weeks I'm afraid. I have placed your leg in a state of petrification to stop you from damaging more ligaments. " The nurse answered. "In the meantime you should be able to move around with crutches. It's tough to move around with them but they will get you from point A to point B all the same. Now if you promise to rest your leg I see no reason why you can't return to your dormitory."

"Oh, OK Madam Pomfrey" Luna hummed airily.

"Professor Flitwick will speak with you tomorrow about what happened. Now please tell me who did this." McGonagall spoke.

"I don't want to get anyone in trouble." Luna murmured.

Professor McGonagall let out long drawn out sigh before she stiffly spoke. "But Luna, I have to know who it was. Otherwise I can't remove the...Wrackspurts infesting their heads."

"It was Cho Chang and her friends Marietta Edgecombe and Sue Li." Luna answered immediately.

"Bitch," Harry muttered.

"POTTER!"

"Pitch! I said Pitch, as in I can't wait to fly round the Quiddich pitch." Harry lied wilting under the Professor's glare, though Hermione's glare seemed half-hearted, likely agreeing with the previous assessment.

Harry wasn't surprised it was Cho. Who did that Chung girl think she is…wait Chang, her name is Cho Chang...Harry was suddenly worried that he was a racist

McGonagall huffed. "Well I will be informing Professor Flitwick about all this. Now I suggest you all return to your common rooms before curfew. Will you need any help Miss. Lovegood."

"Not at all." Luna hummed as she hopped off her bed and fell onto her face. "Maybe a little, Madam Pomfrey. I think I broke my nose."

It was a slow walk to the Ravenclaw common room. With Luna on crutches it took them over an hour to reach the room. It had taken another five minutes in the hospital wing to heal Luna's broken nose before Harry offered to help her back to her dormitories. Hermione however had left to herown dormitories with an odd look on her face resembling a smirk. Harry listened to her talk the whole way there and found he liked the eccentric girl, though eccentric might be a polite way of saying it. Harry thought the Students had it right when they called her loony but he didn't hold it against her. He honestly didn't think he had ever met a nicer person and that included Dumbledore. Even he proved to be fighter with a backbone if the situation called for it.

"I was really impressed with how you handled the dragon." Luna hummed happily as she glanced at him.

Harry felt his cheeks burn. "Really?"

"Yes, everyone else tried to hurt their dragon in some form, while you just avoided it. It was really kind of you." Luna replied.

"Really? Did anyone actually hurt their Dragon?" Harry asked deciding that saying he would've killed the dragon in a heartbeat if it meant surviving the task might upset Luna.

"Only Victor Krum, he hit the dragon in the eye but that only made the Dragon angry. I was most upset that they used real Dragon eggs. Father has been writing articles about the abuse of Dragon, and other near extinct creatures for years. He thinks this is related to the Rotfang Conspiracy." Luna whispered the last part secretively.

Harry took something differently from her tidbit of knowledge. "You're fathers a reporter."

Luna must have heard the unease in Luna's voice as she stopped and rounded on him looking serous for the first time. "Father is a journalist and owner of the Quibbler, the greatest magazine in Wizarding Briton. Unlike the vultures that run the Daily Profit, we run stories with plausible evidence, though some question our legitimacy because they are scared of the truth. That reminds me did you put your name in the Goblet and if so was it because you wanted to prove yourself to the Wizarding world or did Dumbledore blackmail you with the threat of revealing your affair with the Professor Quirrell, which resulted in the Professor to fake his death and leave England?"

Harry stared at her for what seemed like hours before his brain kicked in. "W...W..What?! Of course not, I did not put my name in the Goblet, I don't want to be anything but a normal Wizard and I swear on my magic I did not have a bloody affair with Quirrell. He's dead, I saw it happen. Voldemort's spirit killed him."

Luna looked at him seriously for a second before she smiled. "Ok."

The move shocked him. Luna simply continued her slow trek down the corridor smiling as she realized they had arrived at the Ravenclaw Tower. Harry spoke up as he reached her. "That's it, you believe me."

"Of course I do." Luna replied as she tilted her head to the side. "I trust you, and I like you. You're the closest thing I've ever had to a friend."

Harry looked at the girl surprised at her comment. "Thanks, I don't have many friends, umm we could be friends...I mean...if you don't...mind?" Harry grimaced, he still could not talk to girls, even weird ones who he only wanted to be friends with.

Luna looked at Harry for a moment before she beamed at him and started hopping on her good foot. "I would love to be friends Harry Potter."

Harry smiled back, her smile was awfully infectious. "Great but if we are friends you have to call me Harry."

For a second it looked like Luna blushed as she whispered. "I call you Harry, what do you call me?"

Harry was confused for a second before he remembered what she had said, about not knowing friends would call her as she had none. "What would you like me to call you. I could just call you Luna."

Luna smiled radiantly at that. "I'd like that."

Harry realized she looked rather normal in that moment, though he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was her smile, Harry thought she was very pretty when she smiled, she looked like the bell of the ball...

Luna tapped Harry on the shoulder and hummed. "Harry, are you OK? You're not being attacked by Wrackspurts are you."

Harry looked at her as his brain put two and two together...

...

.

...

"OHHHHH!"

Luna had already taken out her wand and pointed at his head. "This really hurts and you might be vomiting for a couple of days but it's the only way I know how to stop a Wrackspurt infection."

What? No...I don't have Nargles!" Harry exclaimed before saying. "I was just...just."

Harry took a deep breath before asking. "Luna, would you like to go to the ball with me?"

Luna's mouth dropped as her eyes widened, then her eye browns lowered as she frowned. "That was rather mean of you, I thought you were different...oh wait it must be Wrackspurts."

Harry waved his hand across his face protectively. "NO! NO! I really want to go to the ball with you. I mean we're friends now and my other to friends either have a date or is a guy and I really need to go to the ball with someone or I disgrace Hogwarts and Gryffindor and the girl I wanted to ask out was mean to you and turned me down and his evil..."

Luna looked confused with was a rather odd look on his face. "I can't go to the ball though."

"If you have a date that's fourth year or older then you can go to the ball." Harry said excitedly thinking he had figured out Luna's problem, he was mistaken.

Luna was in fact looking at him like he was rather simple, she also seemed somewhat amused as well as disheartened. Harry had no way of knowing how he knew this since her expression had hardly changed since he first met her. Luna hummed "I know that silly, but I can't dance...I can hardly walk."

Harry slowly looked down to her cast leg and resisted the urge to punch himself in the face. "Oh..."

Luna giggled which made Harry's face turn crimson. "Well...Luna, I'd still like to um...go to the..Um ball with you...I we can think of something...I ..Um maybe we will just have an excuse for how bad my dancing is...I hate dancing anyway way and..."

Luna ended Harry's mumbling by hopping up to him and giving him a kiss on the cheek. "You are sweet, I would love to be you date to the ball. I just hope I don't get you in trouble."

"Who cares!" Harry blurted out before adding. "Trouble I mean, I...Really? Uou want to go..."

"Yes, that is what I told you, are you sure there aren't any Wrackspurts.

"No..I got to go, I'll see you at the dance...hopefully soon...bye Luna."

Harry quickly gave her a peck on the cheek before bolting away from the sweet yet strange girl and her anti Wrackspurt treatments. It wasn't until he was halfway to the Gryffindor common room at he realized what he had done and blushed redder then a tomato.

When he did return to the common room he saw Hermione was waiting for him, reading a book and looking rather tired. "Harry what took you so long. I was worried sick something happened...why are you blushing?"

"I...Uh was just helping Luna to her the Ravenclaw tower. She has a broken leg they most healed but it will take a few days." Harry really tried to not smile as he said this but Hermione wasn't fooled.

Hermione smirk knowingly at Harry as what she said next left him gaping like a guppy. "So I guess the only question now is how do you dance in front of everyone at the Yule Ball with a lady who has a broken leg."

Mean while...

Filius stormed out of the Ravenclaw common room, he had just finished punishing some members of his own house for harassing and breaking another member's leg before lacking her in a cupboard, of course said student should have arrived by now, even with the damaged limb.

It did not take long to find her she was standing right outside the Ravenclaw door. She was swaying on the spot with a dope smile on her face. She humming as her eyes spun around in circles.

Filius looked to the door knocker witch spoke, sounding sleepy. "She's been standing her for over thirty minutes, she hasn't even tried answering my riddles."

"I like dears." Luna sung to herself.

"Sure you do." Filius muttered under his breath as he started helping Luna into the dormitory. "Miss Lovegood, why did you ignore the Door's riddle? Miss Lovegood? Luna? Are you listening to me? I bet I could call you a Loony and you would even notice! Hey Loony what's up!?"

"I like kisses."

"...I'm going to bed."

There will be another chapter or two, when I get the motivation to finish. My priority is The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood New chapter will be released tonight! It will blow your Fucking Minds...I'm actually still finishing it up as we speak.

Nargles Out!
Sign up to rate and review this story