Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Ask Me

Even When Your Hope Is Gone

by panda_1418 3 reviews

"I know that whatever you got me I'll love."

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-04 - 423 words

0Unrated
Neither Delilah nor Julius knew how long they had been gazing at each other. Finally, Julius moved towards her. As his lips touched hers, she put her arms around his neck. Her foot even popped.

When the kiss ended, Delilah hugged her partner. "Oh, Julius, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for that."

He smiled. "Probably just as long as I have."

Delilah looked into the Academy, wondering if they had an audience. The room was empty. All that remained of the "munchies" were two slices of cake and two glasses of punch.

Suddenly, Julius let out an embarrassed cough. Delilah turned to find him holding out the small gift Delilah had seen him with earlier. He was blushing slightly.

"I thought I already got my present?" she joked.

"Very funny." Julius replied. "Happy birthday, partner."

Delilah took the bow from Julius' palm. As she opened it, she looked at him. "I love it, Julius."

Julius' eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You didn't even look at it."

"I know that whatever you got me I'll love." Delilah answered quietly.

Then she looked down. Delilah gasped. It was a beautiful ruby necklace, with the gold chain sparkling in the moonlight. The part Delilah loved best was the crimson gem; it was carved in the shape of a heart. She was lost for words.

Julius took the necklace out of the box. "I'll put it on for you."

When the necklace was draped around Delilah's neck, Julius became nervous.

"De, I've, uh, wanted to, uh, ask you this for, uh, a really long time," he stuttered, blushing more. "Doy you ... do you want to ... gooutsometime?"

Delilah smiled mischievously. "You mean, like on a date? Like boyfriend and girlfriend?"

Julius nodded, now beat-red. Delilah took his hand and led him back inside. "I'm sure my parents would approve. Besides, I'd have to be crazy to turn you down."

As the new couple walked inside, Delilah looked up at her partner's face. /Girlfriend/. She liked the sound of that.


So a day when you've lost yourself completely
Could be a night when your life ends
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
All the pain held in your
Hands are shaking cold
Your hands are mine to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along


-The All-American Rejects
"Move Along"

The End.
Sign up to rate and review this story