Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Curious Case of Luna Lovegood

Hogwarts: A Requiem

by Marvolo666 0 reviews

Features Lyrics from a song by Simon and Garfunkel called the Boxer

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: George,Harry,Kingsley,Luna,Professor McGonagall,Umbridge - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2017-03-07 - 9359 words - Complete

0Unrated
Harry ran through snow as if his life depended on it, the words of Pandora still in his mind. The image of the burning castle she had carved into the wall of her lab, flashed in his mind as he looked up at the place that had been his home for 7 years of his life. Hogwarts was bathed in the light of the rising sun.
Harry had almost reached the doors when he felt a surge of power over him. Harry could feel the wards begin to lower, but knew he was the only one. The power of the Deathly Hallows had made him more sensitive to the magic around him. Harry cursed under his breath before looking back to the door, and aimed his wand at the two Totalitar guarding the fortress.
The Guards stepped aside as the doors opened. Students marched out of the Castle as if they were soldiers, though none seemed too happy about it. More Totalitar led them on the pathway to the gates and off Hogwarts grounds. Harry threw on his Invisibility cloak and slid through the Hogwarts doors as they shut behind him. Inside the Entrance hall, Hundreds of Students were being marched into the Great Hall. Harry followed them into the great hall and gasped.
The Hall was surrounded by Totalitar who searched the crowd for any inappropriate behavior. The students kept their eyes down, as if glancing up would insight the faceless guards wrath. Hanging above them were banners but instead of showing the Hogwarts houses, they showed the image of Minister Grimhilde, who's eyes moved as they looked over the students. The Professors sat om the other side of the Great Hall and looked on helplessly. Harry couldn't help but think they were as much prisoners as the Students. Most disturbing of all, the room was as silent as death.
As the last of the students took their seat, three Totalitar rose and aimed their wands at the bewitched ceiling. The red sky swirled before the image of Minister Jane Grimhilde appeared. To Harry's surprise the image spoke. "Hello children, let us all recite the three decrees to a productive and sufficient education, number 1."
"Don't ask questions." The Students recited, all of them continuing to look down. Harry felt his stomach curl as he was reminded of the Dursleys.
Grimhilde smiled as she seemed to look behind her. "Number two."
"Do not speak unless spoken to by a Superior. Otherwise remain silent at all times." The students spoke solemnly. Harry had a feeling they weren't meant to look up at the image of Grimhilde, it was only there for her to look at the students and let them know she was watching. The Minister uttered. "Number three."
"Stride for the approved level of progress." The students parroted.
The Minister smiled. "Yes good for you, this is the most important rule of all. For working together to maintain a consistent level of development allows for a balanced and peaceful society. Now them, as you did not return your permission slips you are at this time unable to visit the Ministry."
"We weren't given a permission slip, only the Purebloods were!" One of the younger students complained as he looked up, only to receive a stunning hex from one of the Totalitar.
"SILENCE!" Grimhilde commanded before continuing sweetly. "I will ask you all to remember and obey the rules. I will not tolerate disobedience. As I was saying you are not going to the Ministry today, however we will instead be giving you a demonstration on how obedience from a peaceful subservient class can lead to a vital and lawful society we must all stride for. We shall show that for the evolution and preservation of the Wizarding world and the ideals we hold dear, we must not tolerate inferiority. For the tree to grow we must prune the weeds from our mist... I must ask you to remain seated while we wait for the demonstration to take place. Until then please open you manuals to page three hundred and ninety...five."

The Minister smiled over the children as she turned back to Luna, who was desperately trying to yell out a warning, but had been silenced by Kingsley. Grimhilde looked back at the children through her enchanted bowl and added. "To my Totalitar, code S896, status IV2. That is all."
The Minister waved her wand over the bowl of water and knew she had faded from the view of the students. She could still see them of course. "Un-silence her."
Kingsley did as he was told then dropped the Luna to the floor as she coughed violently, having screamed her voice to shreds trying to overcome the silencing spell. Grimhilde drank a potion and changed back to Delores Umbridge who smiled gleefully at Luna. "My Totalitar have just been alerted of Potter's presence, they will find him and they will makes sure he experiences what Muggles are capable of. He will understand why they must be stopped...too bad he will already be dead."
Luna looked up at her Mother with tears "Not Harry! Please... have mercy... have mercy... Not Harry! Not Harry! Please, I'll do anything!"
Delores scrunched up her nose. "Look at yourself, begging like dog. You may be my Daughter but a Squib is still a Squib."
Luna crawled up to Delores on her hands and knees. "Please, I love him, you can't-"
Luna lunged to her feet and ripped the wand from Umbridge's hand and sent a spell at the bowl.

Harry could tell they had been tipped off. After the Minister's speech the Totalitar had been searching the room for him. Harry tried to quietly cross the room and reach the Headmistress Minerva McGonagall. Then the ceiling rippled again. Harry continued forward before he heard a familiar voice shout. "EVERYONE GET OUT!"
Harry looked up along with the rest of the Students. Harry felt his heart clutch in his throat as he saw Luna for the first time in what felt like years, but had somehow only been days. "Luna..."
"GET OUT! SHE'S GOING TO KILL YOU ALL! BOMB! BO-" Luna's cries were cut off by a spell colliding into her, sending her out of sight before Harry could memorize her features. The students broke out into a panic witch turned into sheer terror when the Minister's face appeared on the screen.
"Do not panic, that was nothing of importance. What is important is that you all maintain order and follow the-"
"IT'S UMBRIDGE!" One of the older students shouted, many others pointing at the hideous face of Delores Umbridge.
Delores seemed to realize her mistake and her face quickly vanished from view but the damage had been done.

Luna smiled from the floor, even as her eye started to swell. "I don't beg, not to the likes of you."
Delores picked up her wand from the floor and aimed it at Luna. Umbridge fumed with rage. "I could kill you, right now. You should already be dead. Instead I offered you a chance to save millions. You dare turn your back on your own kind, are you truly nothing more than a common Muggle."
Luna looked up and stood on her shaky legs and she whispered. "I'd rather be a Muggle then be related to you."
Delores did not smile, she just frowned at the girl before turning to Kingsley. "This thing won't be of any help, throw it in the dungeons with the rest of the creatures, we will make use of it latter."
"Yes Minister." Kingsley drawled as he grabbed Luna by the wrist.
Luna turned and started clawing at Kingsley's wrist. "NO, let go of me!"
Delores grinned Nastily. "Fine, have it your way. Kingsley, get the enchanted handcuffs. Let the Squib bear witness to the destruction of all it holds dear."

The room had erupted in pandemonium as Students struggled to escape the Great Hall with the Totalitar blocking the way. Harry had been knocked over by one of the students but kept the cloak over him as he shoved his way through the students.
Suddenly there was a burst of fireworks over the Children as one the Totalitar stood at the Headmasters podium and shouted. "SILENCE!"
The students turned around and ran at the Totalitar, shouting in a panic. "She said there was a bomb!"
The Totalitar by the podium yelled. "There is no bomb! You are all safe!"
"But what about Luna? She said..."
"Miss Lovegood is an anarchist and a symbol for the terrorists you call rebels." The Totalitar roared. "She is a liar and anything she tells or shows you is a lie. Now let's all sit down and reastablish order or we will make-"
The Totalitar's voice was cut off when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and saw no on there. He turned back around as the students gasped. Harry threw off his cloak and stood right in front of the Totalitar. "Don't you dare insult my girlfriend!"
Harry brought his fist back and smashed it into the Totalitar's face. The faceless mask dented as the Totalitar fell to the ground unconscious. Harry looked over the Students staring up at him, the Professors and the Totalitar looked upon him in shock. Harry called out. "Well...what are you waiting for? You heard the lady, this place is going to blow. You out number them, they can't stop you. LETS GETS THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"
The students all cheered as they drew their wands. The Totalitar immediately began firing curses at Harry and the students while reciting. "Please return to you seats and maintain order. We mean you know harm."
Harry ducked behind the podium as curses hit it, melting the podium before his eyes. Another volley of curses was sent his way forcing Harry to roll off the stage and on to the floor with the fighting students. Harry gripped the elder wand and blasted to his feet before charging at a group of Totalitar. Harry raised his wand and watched as fire burst from the wand. It spread throughout the hall, avoiding all the students and hitting only the Totalitar, who used freezing charms to stop the fires effects. This however proved costly as many were brought down by the students, who took advantage of their distracted state.
Harry raised his wand to the locked doors of the Great hall and cast a huge blasting hex, knocking the Door from its hinges and sending it crashing to the ground with an earth shaking thump. The Students rushed out of the room and began cheering while the overwhelmed Totalitar were brought down by the waves of attacking students.
Harry noticed McGonagall following the students with a smile on her face, Harry pulled her to the side. "You need to get the students out of here."
Minerva looked at Harry and nodded. "I'll send them to their dorm rooms, that should be far enough from the Great hall."
"Know you don't understand, you need to get them out of the school!" Harry whispered loudly, pulling her away from the students and Professors who were trying to open the doors of the Entrance hall. "In a matter of hours if not less, a Muggle missile is going to hit Hogwarts and destroy it, with us inside."
McGonagall paled. "How do you know-"
"Filius told me...sort of. Listen Minerva, Voldemort broke the Statues of Secrecy not long before his death and the Ministry plans on using this to their advantage. You have to evacuate the School before the missile strikes."
Minerva seemed to pale further the more Harry spoke, however when he was finished, the Headmistress flushed red and her eyes harden into a steely gaze. "No...I won't let that happen. If that Bitch wants to destroy Hogwarts she'll have to go through me-"
Harry grabbed the Headmistress by her shoulder as he looked into her eyes. "Listen to Minerva. You can't stop it...none of us can. In a matter of hours. Hogwarts will be no more."
McGonagall suddenly looked very old as she uttered softly. "But...but Hogwarts is my home."
Harry's chest heaved as it suddenly dawned on him what he was saying. He muttered weakly. "I know...it is my home too."
For a moment there was silence between the two, the students shouting as they tried to break down the door regained Harry's attention. He stared back at his former Professor. "We have to focus Minerva! The children, we have to get them out of here."
McGonagall looked at the door. "That won't open, the Totalitar has control of that. One of the Bitches many degrees. We are stuck in here unless we can lower the Anti-apparition ward."
Harry closed his eyes and focused magic on the wards around him. He cursed. "Anti-apparition and portkeys are the only wards standing."
McGonagall thought for a moment. "If this missile can destroy all of Hogwarts, it has to at least be an atom bomb if not something more deadly, like the Hydrogen bomb. If that is the case then the only way to escape it's effects, is to go down."
Harry's mind clicked as an idea formed in his head. "I'll lead the Students to the second floor girls' bathroom. I know just the place that can save the Muggleborns...the Chamber of Secrets."
Minerva grinned. "I doubt Salazar ever expected it to be used that way. I'll head to my office and inform the entire school, there are a few students who remained in their dorm rooms out of protest. You lead the students and open the way for them."
Harry nodded as he shouted to the students. "Everybody listen up. We are not going through that way-"
Before Harry could continue the students erupted in panic. Harry frowned before shouting. "SOLDIERS FORMATION!"
The students jumped and stared at Harry as if he had lost his mind Harry ignored them and repeated. "Come on people, I know I've been gone a while but don't tell me you've forgotten how to STAND IN FORMATION!"
The First and Second years were the first to form a line...then the other children did so hesitantly. The few Seventh year Muggleborns still at Hogwarts joined the Sixth years uncertainly. Harry smiled before speaking. "This is what we trained for, to defend ourselves in case the worse should happen. Guess what people, the worst has happened. Our lives are in danger and the only way to survive is to get to the second floor girls bathroom. I'll explain why when we are there. Getting there will be dangerous and frankly a lot of you aren't ready. If you are too young to be fighting or simply don't have it in you to be heroic, don't. I'm all for heroes but if you aren't ready, being heroic will just get you and others killed."
Harry paused before adding. "I have trained you all and I know from experience you can handle anything the Totalitar through at you. However if you don't work together and show that inner Gryffindor every single one of you have, then we will let them beat us, but that is not going to happen. We won't let anyone stop us from getting out of here, because we have a right to live, we have a right to exist and damn it we have a right to fight. So are you ready to fight!?"
Half the students cheered while the others seemed to except Harry's words with great reluctance. Harry shouted. "OK then, lets go and leave no child behind. If I say run, then every bloody run!"

Harry and the students moved through the halls with the focus and precision of a Muggle swat team. The older students surrounded the younger ones as Harry led the way now on the first floor. They had barely been walking for five minutes when the Totalitar appeared in front of them. Harry shouted "DUCK!"
Everyone ducked, the curses flying over their heads. Harry cried out "FIRE!" The students sent their own volley of curses, some hitting the Totalitar. A few Totalitar started laughing and hopping on the sport, showing even the first years were joining in the fight. Harry jabbed his wand out and exploded a hole in the wall. He ran in and the students followed. Harry had to cast a spell to hold them back as they nearly ran on air. They all looked down at 30 feet drop to the ground floor.
Harry looked up at the moving staircase and sent a blast of water at the nearest stairs. The water froze as Harry's wand willed it and with another quick wave the ice turned to stone,creating a bridge to the stairs. Harry begun running up the stone bridge while the students followed, fighting off the Totalitar pursuing them. Harry reached the stairs and helped the students hop on one by one."
"Lazy students." One of the portraits hanging on the wall sighed "In my day we would just take the stairs from the ground floor up, not blast a short cut through the wall."
"In your day? In my day there was no such thing as stairs." A second portrait uttered.
"That's complete hogwash!" The first portrait exclaimed as a stray curse from the Totalitar blasted the portraits to dusts.
Harry helped the last student onto the stairs as the Totalitar continued to fire spells at them, many were following them up the stone bridge Harry had created. Harry smiled and cried out. "YOU CAN NOT PASS!"
Harry sent a curse at the stone and watched as the stone bridge collapsed and the Totalitar fell with it. Harry looked at the Muggle born students and muttered. "I always wanted to do that...It's in a book...Maybe you know it?...Never mind lets go."

Harry led them up the stairs until they reached the second floor. Suddenly McGonagall's voice uttered from nowhere. "This is an emergency! All students are to please go to the Girls Bathroom on the second floor. This is an emergency!"
Harry smiled hearing the Minerva's message before a realization struck him. Everyone in theschool would have heard that. "Oh bugger..."
Totalitar suddenly burst out of the walls and started firing curses. Harry cast shields around the students as they began to fire back. Harry wasn't sure if he could keep the shields up and get the students to the Chamber in time. Harry cursed as he realized he would have to drop the shields. Then the Totalitar started falling back. Harry looked over his shoulder and saw a group of Professors had joined him. Even Trelawney was casting some decent spells. Harry grinned as they pushed them past the Girls washroom. Harry aimed a Bombardo charm at the ceiling and watched as it collapsed, forcing the Totalitar backwards. The collapsed ceiling now separated the Totalitar from the students and the girls washroom. Harry immediately ran to the serpent marked sink and spoke to the sink in Parseltongue. "Open."
Harry waved the students back as the sink sunk into the floor leaving open a path down to the Chamber.
Harry turned to the students. "Ok everyone, I'm going to slide down and you are going to follow. Just a hint of warning, it's filthy down there."
With that Harry jumped down the hole and shot down slide. Harry braced himself and landed in the pile of old bones, of small animals that was at admittedly smaller since the Basilisk had been slayed. Harry helped as the students came down one by one. Making sure the smaller ones didn't hurt themselves as they flew off the slide. When everyone had landed, including the professors, Harry led then through the dark sewers. Harry reached the final door and again spoke in Parseltongue. "Open."
When the door opened Harry and the students entered the Chamber of Secrets. Not much had changed in the last six years, in fact even the Basilisk corpse looked as fresh as ever. Many students gasped, several screamed, including a few professors, while a couple of young first year boys whispered. "Wicked."
Harry grinned as called out. "Don't worry about the Snake, it's quite dead I assure you. Now is anyone missing?
"We are missing 5 students."A Ravenclaw answered immediately.
"We are all here sir."A Hufflepuff said proudly.
"Same here." A Slytherin uttered confidently though for the most part the only Muggleborns in Slytherin were first years.
"Three of ours are missing." Gryffindor replied with worry.
Harry nodded as he clapped his hands together. "OK everyone, please wait here and let in any non-Totalitar who try and enter. I'm going to go help get the missing students and bring the Headmistress."
"She's not coming." Professor Slughorn uttered. "She's staying in her Office."
Harry looked at the pot-bellied professor in confusion before it clicked. "Ok, that's not happening."
Harry bolted from the Chamber and shut the door behind him. Harry climbed out of the sewer and pulled himself onto the floor of the Girls bathroom. Harry looked up and saw a bunch of students already there, most of them Ravenclaws, along with three Hufflepuffs. Harry let out a drawn out sighed. "Down the hole, when you reach a door just knock and say your name, they should let you through."
Harry watched the children jump down the hole before muttering. "Bloody children."
Harry threw on his invisibility cloak and took off, heading to the one place he was certain he would find someone.

Harry blasted the Gargoyles to pieces and walked up the revolving stairs they guarded. Harry was about to knock on the door when it opened on its own. McGonagall was sitting at her desk drinking a bottle of Belhaven St Andrew's Ale. Harry looked at the bottle. "Isn't that a Muggle drink?"
Minerva nodded. "My Father was a Muggle. It's a Scottish drink. I'm Scottish you see, unless you didn't know."
"I always though your accident was Irish." Harry chuckled.
Minerva glared playfully. "Don't even joke about that."
Harry smile faded as he grabbed his old professor's hand. "Listen, we have to go now, OK?"
Minerva shook her head and Harry shook his head in reply. "That was not a request, we are going NOW!""
Again the Headmistress shook her head. "I'm not leaving my post."
Harry scowled. "Now is not the time for some Titanic crap-"
"It's the perfect time actually. Hogwarts is not a ship but I am her captain. I will not leave her!" McGonagall asserted with pride
"I don't care, I'm not letting you throw your life away!" Harry shouted desperately.
"What life Harry?" McGonagall replied as her eyes looked distant. "I'm old Harry, older than I ever thought I'd be. I once had a family. I've lost Husbands, lost children, I even broke the heart of the man I loved so I could remain in this world. I have lost colleges to the war, and family to. I have lost almost everyone I have ever loved Harry...but I never lost Hogwarts. When I lost my children, I became a Mother to my cubs. When I lost my family, my fellow professors became my family. Hogwarts is my home Harry, It is all I have left."
"But-"
Minerva looked behind Harry. "If Albus Dumbledore was in my position, what do you think he would he do."
"He would..." Harry looked at the portrait of Dumbledore behind him, the portrait solemnly shook his head. Harry looked back at the Professor and felt a tear run down his cheek. "We still need you...I need you."
Minerva shook her head with a sad smile. "No you don't, not anymore and that fills me with pride."
Harry nodded as he closed his eyes. McGonagall whispered. "I'm not sad Harry, I feel sorrow for Hogwarts but not myself. I have lived an honorable life, but now it must end. It is my duty, and I am ready."
Harry hesitated as he looked at the women realizing how important she was to him. Harry couldn't help it as he rushed to her side and hugged her, startling the elder women at first before she hugged him back.
"I'll miss you." Harry whispered.
"I know." Minerva acknowledged as Harry pulled away.
Harry walked up to the door, before turning around and stating, "Is was a pleasure serving under you, and learning from you."
"It was a pleasure teaching you Harry, and watching you grow up into the man you have become. Your parents would be proud of you. I'm proud of you Harry." Minerva uttered with a heart warming smile.
Harry smiled back as he memorized the most important Mother figure in his life before leaving the office.
Minerva looked back at the portrait of Albus and sighed with a smile. "His argument was more convincing than yours."
The portrait shrugged. "I believe he cares about you more then I, and believe me, that is saying something."
The Minerva took a seat before she raised a glass to the former Headmasters portrait. "It has been a please serving you Albus."
The portrait blushed. "Enough of that Minerva. You're going to make me cry."

Harry entered the Ravenclaw common room by answering the door's riddle with a blasting hex. Harry looked around the room and shouted. "Everyone here please follow me. I am your former professor Harry Potter and if you do not follow me now then you will die...that is not a threat it's...the schools going to blow up are you coming or not!"
The students popped their heads from a room up the stairs and started yelling. "What about the book's and the library!?"
Harry shouted in disbelief. "Books! Library! YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! LETS GO!
The students started running down the stairs carrying handfuls of books. Harry sighed as he waved his arms, shrinking the books before heading up the stairs. Harry grabbed a student's bag and cast charms on it before summoning all of the books into the bag, shrinking them as they flew closer. When he was done Harry cast a weightless charm on the bag before handing it to the students. Harry led them out of the common room cursing under his breath. "Damn Ravenclaws."

Harry spoke to the children as they reached the second room girls bathroom. "Do you know were there may be other students?"
The Ravenclaw's shook their head while one asked. "Didn't you have some sort of map that could show you that."
Harry's face flushed red as he stuttered. "N...No that's just a rumor...of course I wouldn't forget about that..now down the hatch you go and all that, bye."
As the last student jumped down the hatch Harry cursed as he searched his pockets and pulled out a piece of parchment. "Maybe I should get bloody remembrall before I end up like Neville."
Harry tapped his wand to the Marauders Map and uttered. "I'm solemnly swear I am up to no good."
Harry grinned as the map appeared on the parchment, his smile faded when he looked at the room he was in. "Oh bugger."
Harry jumped out of the way as Totalitar blasted their way out of the stalls and sent a volley of curses at Harry. Harry raised his wand and deflected them back at the Totalitar with inhuman reflexes. Harry could feel the power of the Hallows flow through him as he reflected and cast spells at lighting speeds. Harry grinned as he lowered his wand. The Totalitar laid scattered around him, some actually whimpering. Then Harry heard a slow clap and quickly turned and raised his wand at the man in the doorway.
"Bravo, bravo, it seems you have improved since the last time we met." The scared man uttered as he stepped towards Harry.
Harry glared as he aimed his wand at the man's heart. "Donovan!"
The Wizard smiled as he looked at Harry's wand. "Do it, kill me. It doesn't matter, soon we will both be dead."
"No, just you." Harry hissed as he circled Donovan Corner. "You can destroy this school, but the students are safe. You can't touch them, and the bomb won't hurt them."
Donovan snorted. "I know where they are, I could just follow them down that pipe, and slaughter them all. No one needs to know it wasn't the bomb that killed them, however I have no desire to do such a thing, I'll leave that to the Totalitar."
"They'll have to go through me first." Harry uttered darkly.
Donovan's laughter filled the room his skin was green and his teeth were all but missing, Harry had a feeling it was magic alone that made his speaking eligible. The scared chortled. "Don't you see Potter, it doesn't matter. As long as you are dead, as long as this school falls and we have some casualties, the Muggles fate will be sealed. I shall keep you in this school, even if it kills me, I'm already dead and soon the bomb shall destroy us all."
Donovan walked up to Harry and pressed his chest into the tip of the elder wand. "Our death's Harry shall be the spark that ignites the flame destined to end the Muggle race once and for all. The people responsible for all the wrongs of the world, the ones truly responsible for my son's death shall be no more."
Harry looked Donovan in the eyes and snorted. "You really are mad aren't you."
Donovan smiled and shrugged. "I may be mad but I'm right."
"Your son died because of his own action and the actions of a mad Death eater." Harry yelled at the scarred man. "He died because you made him hate himself by telling him he was the son of a "filthy" Muggle. Your bigotry drove him to hate, and his hate drove him to his own death, as it will do to you."
Corner's wretched smile almost fell. "I know that, you see we all had a part to play in Michael's death, and we will all pay for it."
"That's not the point Donovan. It doesn't matter who is responsible for your son's death. As long as you obsess over this then all that will come from his death will be pain and misery. If you seek revenge you will only do to others what was done to you. You will orphan children, widow wives and make husbands widowers. You will make parents childless, and for what? To spread the very hatred that destroyed your son." Harry shouted desperately trying to reach the man. "A man once said an eye for an eye makes the world blind. Do you really want that?"
Donovan shook his head as his eyes burned red. "No...I don't wish to blind the world, just watch it burn."
Donovan raised his hand and the Marauders map flew into his hand. He looked at it with great interest. "There are six students in the Gryffindor common room and a seventh hiding in the potions storage room in the dungeons. Here see for yourself."
Donovan thrust the map into Harry's free hand. Harry immediately saw the madman's clams were accurate. Donovan cackled. "Unfortunately reports say that the bomb will be here in just under forty-five minutes, do you think you can bring them all here in time. It won't matter as this washroom is officially out of order!"
Without warning the map caught fire as Donovan seemed to vanish from Harry's clutches, his laughter echoing through the room. Harry cried out as the burning map scorched his fingers. Harry let the Marauders map fall from his burnt fingers and could only watch in horror as his Father's treasured map turned to ashes, the words "Mischief Managed" appearing on the parchment before it too was consumed by flames.
Harry felt hatred fill his heart as Donovan's laughter continued to fill the room. Harry felt something fly past him and hit the ceiling. Harry ran from the bathroom as the ceiling came crashing down, the laughter becoming hysterical . Harry turned back and saw the room was completely blocked off as well as the the Hallway leaving only one direction for him to go.
Harry raised his wand to the fallen debris but the as he removed some of the debris, more came crashing down. Donovan's laughter continued and Harry spun around looking for the madman, calling out. "SHOW YOURSELF YOU COWARD!"
Donovan appeared over his shoulder and smashed his elbow into the side of Harry's head. Harry fell to the floor before rolling onto his back and fired a cutting curse at the Donovan, who blocked it with ease. Harry jumped to his feet and cracked the scarred man with a right hand before landing a bludgeoning hex to his gut, sending him flying into the wall. Donovan coughed up greenish blood as he drew his wand and cried out. "Avada Kedavra."
Harry jumped out of the way just as he was about to close in on Donovan and threw on his cloak of invincibility. The madman hollered. "HA maybe you should show yourself you coward and fight like man. Or are you going to run like the Muggles that raised you. They all tried to run, even the fat ones."
Harry raised his wand to cast another curse when he noticed the blocked off debris. Harry remembered the other students who need help. Donovan was stalling him. Harry kept the cloak on as he ran to the Gryffindor common room while Donovan's shrieks echoed through the hallway. "Come back and Die Harry Potter!"

Harry ran through the halls of Hogwarts and up the stairs. At one point he had to press himself against the wall to avoid a legion of patrolling Totalitar. Later on Harry heard Donovan's voice echoes through the halls as he commanded. "DESTROY THE STAIRS! DON'T LET ANYONE ESCAPE!"
Harry was on the fifth floor when someone grabbed and pulled him into a dark room. Harry struggled to free himself and landed an elbow to his assailant's ribs. "AH bloody hell that hurt!"
"George? You're here?" Harry gaped as he cast a Lumos charm revealing the grinning Weasley.
"I'm surprised to see you here myself." George laughed as he slapped Harry on the back. "Luckily for you, I have a plan on getting the rest of the students out of here."
Harry looked around and grinned. "The Room of Requirements, brilliant!"
"I know." George acknowledged humbly. "We can simply require a way out of Hogwarts's. I sent some of my friends to bring the remaining Gryffindors back here."
Harry nodded before casting a tempus charm. "They have thirty minutes George, you think they are being held up"
George replied with a mischievous grin. "If they are being held up then we better get down there,"

They were closer then Harry thought as a group of Gryffindors were fighting the Totalitar in the middle of a nearby hallway. Harry glanced at George who nodded as he disillusioned himself. Harry ran at the Totalitar and fired three rapid fire stunners. The dueling Wizards turned to Harry who fired another three bombardo charms at the floor beneath the Totalitar, while George slowly crept behind them.
The Totalitar started firing curses at Harry who deflected them with shocking speeds that had the students staring with their jaws dropped. Harry looked over to them and jerked his head to the Totalitar. They seemed to get the message as they started stunning the distracted masked guards.
Suddenly the Totalitar dropped as George fired rapid stunners to their backs. George faded back into veiw and bowed to the Gryffindors. "Another master plan by the master of mischief."
"Get bent." The Gryffindor Harry recognized as Vicky Frobisher taunted.
"Maybe I will if you join me." George laughed before dodging a kick below the belt.
"Hey! We don't have time for jokes." Harry shouted causing both Magical's to look down bashfully. "All of you better head back to the Room of Requirements. I have to go and rescue one last student."
"That's not funny" George exclaimed as the other Gryffindors started running down the hall, he followed them at a slower pace. "In 20 minutes this place is going to go boom! Unless this kid is close..."
Harry grimaced. "He's in the Dungeons."
George blanched. "The Dungeons! Sorry but the kids a goner!"
"I'm not leaving him down there to die. He's just a first year, you know of a student named Thomas Fletcher?"
George seemed to flinch when he heard the name freezing his tracks. The Weasley shook his head sorrowfully. "I'm sorry Harry, but we don't have the time. If you go after him you will only succeed in dying too."
Harry looked down hallway before looking back at George. "If I don't try to save him George, if I just leave that kid there too die, I will never be able to look Luna in the eye. Besides a soldier never leaves a man behind."
George stared at Harry and opened his mouth to speak but Harry cut him off. "If anything happens to me, please save Luna. She's been captured by Totalitar, make sure she is alright"
George slowly nodded and saluted Harry from down the Hall before running around the corner and out of sight. Harry threw the cloak over himself and vanished.

Harry reached the stair case with fifteen minutes to go and simply uttered. "Bugger"
The Totalitar had followed Donovan's ordered and had destroyed the staircase which was now just ruble resting on the bottom floor. Harry paced back and forth as he tried not to panic. Harry knew time was short and looked at the ground floor, five stories down. "Dam Merlin's balls to Hades."
Harry closed his eyes and jumped over the edge, diving head first. Harry felt the air rush by him as he fell the first of the 5 story's to floors. His cloak fell off and Totalitar started to fire at him from different floors. Harry just kept his eyes closed as the curses flew past him. He let his mind flow drift out of conscious thought as he focused on nothing more than a single fact, if he didn't do this right, he was going to make a big mess when he hit the ground.
Harry felt a curse clip his leg, but Harry ignored it as best he could as he uttered the words. "Imaginatio Potestatem,"
Harry watched as the ground rushing towards him slowed before he stopped altogether, three feet from the ground. Then Harry dropped the final three feet right onto his face as he toppled over to the floor. Harry cursed under his breath as he wiped the dirt and blood from his face and summoned his cloak over to him. Harry threw it back on and ran from the Totalitar curses.
Harry ran down the Entrance Hall and grinned as he saw Totalitar preparing to open the door for their escape. Harry ran past them and down into the dungeons, looking for the Potions cupboard and hoping the child was still there.
Harry's ear perked up as he heard the sound of sniffles and approached the nearest cupboard. With a wave is his wand the door unlocked and opened. The child curled up in the corner of the room was only a first year. Harry recognized him from teaching his classes early in the year, it felt so long ago now. Harry took off his cloak as he whispered. "Hey, Thomas, it's me Harry."
Little Thomas looked up and ran to his former professor. Harry chuckled as the boy little hugged him causing a warmth to fill his heart. "Don't worry, I got you. I won't let anyone hurt you. Now let's get out of here."
Harry cast a Tempus charm and groaned. 5 minutes...
Harry scooped Thomas into his arms and threw the cloak over themselves. Harry ran up the stone steps and out of the dungeons as fast as he could. Yet he could feel the metaphorical sword of Damocles hang just over his neck, any minute from now it was going to fall.
Harry felt a burst of adrenaline fuel his steps as he reached the Entrance Hall. The Totalitar were about to open the door. Suddenly a voice rang out. "Hey, have you captured or disposed of Harry Potter?"
The group of Totalitar looked up at the marching figure of Donovan before one uttered. "No point now, if he is still in here he will be killed when the castle falls."
Donovan nodded. "True, true, but why are you attempting to open the door and risk letting the brat escape?"
The Totalitar, even in masks, spared a glance at each over. "The castle is going to fall in less than three minutes.. We are still in said castle."
Donovan frowned before his eyes flashed with understanding. "Oh...I see, I know what the problem is."
Donovan strutted up to the door and banged it with his fist. "You weren't informed of the nature of this mission."
"Excuse me sir?"
Donovan laughed. "It's a suicide mission."
Harry barely had time to block the child's eyes as the madman struck. Thomas also had his ears covered by Harry as the screaming started. Donovan hit one with an enough cutting hexes to lead to horrific and fatal results. Another was blasted into the door with such force that Harry could hear the bones crack as he remained stuck there. The others tried to run and had his head severed from his body, while the other was burnt to dust. Thomas moaned as he started to panic. He broke free from Harry's grip and started running to the large door.
"HA!" Donovan shrieked as he raised his bloody hand and summoned the first year into his grasp. Thomas was already crying out for help. "POTTER! I KNOW YOUR HERE! COME OUT OR I MAKE HIS DEATH PAINFUL!"
Harry threw off his invisibility cloak as he glared at Donovan. "LET HIM GO!"
"OK." Donovan shrugged as he dropped Thomas to the floor. "Not that it matters, time is up. The Bomb is almost here."
Harry shouted with panic. "Merlin damn it let us out!"
"NO!" Donovan pouted before squealing with excitement. "This is it, twenty seconds until vengeance is mine! No more grief, no more pain. Just fire, lots of and lots of fire!"
"You don't have to do this Donovan!" Harry shouted as he aimed his wand at Donovan. "You can let us out, you can still do the right thing. This isn't what Michael would want."
"Don't you dare say my son name Potter!" Donovan roared. "Now...Shut up, you're ruining my moment. Your times up Potter, the Bomb will be here in Ten...Nine...Eight...Seven..."
Thomas ran to Harry who scooped him up as he ran to the door. Donovan continued to count. "Six...Five...Four..."
Harry banged against the door but it would not open. He pulled Thomas close to him as Donovan finished his count with a cry of. "Three...Two...One..."
Silence filled the room as they wait for the end to come...Donovan frowned before repeating. "Three...Two...One...Um...Zero...What the Hell?!"
Donovan reached into his pocket and pulled out an object. When he raised it to his ear, Harry gaped. "Is that a phone?"
Donovan raised his hand to ask for silence as he impatiently stomped his foot. Harry shook his head with disbelief. "You bloody hypocrite, you are using Muggle technology while you bash them-"
"Will you shut up?! I'm on the phone! Your being very rude you know." Donovan grumbled before he began to speak into the phone. "Hey...It's Donovan...No, not Donny, Donovan!...Yeah so I'm standing here inside Hogwarts and I'm not dead. Care you explain that...Huh?...Are you shitting me?...What do you mean delayed?...I don't care if its five minutes you bloody...Maybe More?...Wait, you know what, it's fine. I'll be dead soon anyway. Since this is the last time we ever speak go fuck yourself!"
Donovan tossed the phone to the floor and blasted it to bits with a simple hex. Donovan looks up at Harry and shrugged. "Bloody Government, always behind schedule."
"So five minutes then?" Harry said he stepped up to Donovan.
"Give or take, knowing them Muggles it will be ten minutes, or hell maybe twenty if their goverment is anything like ours." Donovan chuckled before getting dropped by Harry's right hand.
Harry walked up to Donovan and stepped on his chest. Harry shouted. "Open the door or I will perform the Torture curse on you until you brain turns to soup."
Donovan wheezed as Harry pressed his weight on the foot on the madman's chest. "You don't have the guts Potter."
Harry raised an eyebrow. "My life and the life of an 11 year old child is on the line. I pretty sure my conscience will be clear if I torture you to save him."
Donovan grinned showing off his missing teeth. "I must admit, I like the sound of that. You know what, I won't subject you to the flames of Muggle warfare...I'd rather just kill you myself."
Donovan roared as he blast a wave of fire up at Harry, forcing Him to jump out of the way and roll to his feet. Harry spun around with a curse but Donovan was already in his face. Donovan extended his hand and sent Harry flying across the room. Harry felt the air get knocked out of him as he hit the floor and looked up just in time to see the scared man pounce on him with an animalistic shriek.
Harry kicked him over him and launched him to the floor just above him. Harry rolled to his knees but Corner was one step ahead of him, landing a vicious to the face. Harry scooted backwards as fast as he could while Donovan jumped to his feet and stalked towards Harry with a maniacal grin. "You like to fight like a Muggle, I'm fine with that, but can you fight like a Wizard!"
Donovan raised a hand and shot a bolt of lightning at Harry, causing him to grit his teeth as his nerves were set on fire. Donovan lowered his hand and walked around him as he hissed. "Your kind doesn't belong at Hogwarts, none of you Muggle lovers ever did. It is your fault the Castle shall fall. Hogwarts deserves to fall."
Harry felt his vision go read as he raised the Elder wand and cried out. "Sectumsempra!"
Donovan shrieked as his body was ravaged by viscous slashes, sending him to the floor. Donovan cackled. "I'm a goner now."
Bleeding profusely a green substance that Harry suspected was blood, Donovan stumbled to his feet. Harry rose quicker and cried out. "Say one more word about Hogwarts...this place is my home you bastard."
Donovan blinked as he looked at Harry's feet. "Why did you summon a hat?"
"I didn't..." Harry frowned as he looked. Harry's frowned turned into a grin as he saw the Sorting hat at his feet. Harry picked the hat up and reached his hand into the hat. Harry grinned as he drew out the fabled sword of Gryffindor. "Even now, at the end, help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who deserve it."
Donovan shrugged as he spit out more green blood. "Fine you want to fight like a Goblin, they are lesser then Muggles."
Harry looked up at Donovan who had circled towards the door. "Get out of my way."
Donovan grinned as he laughed at Potter. "You think you can kill me, a Wizard with the power of the Ministry. A Wizard of the Unspeakables! You think you can kill me with a primitive Muggle weapon made by Goblin's?!"
Harry nodded as he stalked towards Donovan and raised his sword. Donovan begun laughing. "Fine, then feel the Might of Magic!"
Donovan raised his hand and summoned the sword right out of Harry's hand. Donovan laughed as he looked at the grinning Harry. "What did you expect would hap-"
Donovan's sentence was cut off as the fabled sword finished its flight across the Entrance hall and reached it's summoner...blade first.
Donovan felt the sword run right through his heart as he was sent flying into the great doors of Hogwarts. The Sword punctured the door leaving Donovan hanging from it with a sword through his chest. Harry shook his head sadly. "From my experience magic causes just as much problems as it solves."
Donovan hacked up more green blood as he croaked. "Touché Potter..."
Harry turned around and called out. "Thomas!"
The boy came running out of his hiding place, a broom cupboard and to Harry's surprise, he was not alone. Harry stood dumbfounded as a legion of house elves ran out of the cupboard. Harry looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow and Thomas replied shyly. "It's bad enough they're our slaves, we can't leave them behind."
Harry looked at the Elves and grinned at the young boy. "Hermione would love you, now let's go."
One the house elves spoke up. "We cannot go, we are bound to serve Hogwarts forever."
Harry sighed. "Hogwarts is officially closing. Through no fault of your own you must all receive cloths, if you still wish to serve go speak to the LLR and their leader Hermione Granger. She will deal with you and get you all new positions to serve."
Harry waved the elder wand and conjured cloths on all the House elves. None of them seem thrilled but understood the situation. They all started to vanish as they looked to get rid of their cloths as soon as possible when Harry stopped one of them. "Hey Winky, could you possibly open the doors for us."
The House elf nodded as she snapped her fingers and vanished. The Great doors of Hogwarts began to slowly open as Donovan groaned weakly. "Yes...just leave me up here...I'm not in pain."
Harry snorted as he looked at Donovan still hanging from the door. Harry raised his wand and summoned the sword back to him, the handle gently landing in his hand. Donovan dropped to the ground in a puddle of green liquid. Harry looked down and muttered. "Are you even human enough to die?"
Donovan nodded as he looked up. "I'm pretty sure...I'm going to die really soon...but at least you will join me in hell."
The door opened and Harry looked up at the rising sun and paled. In the red sky a small dark spot was slowly getting bigger, as it headed towards the castle. Harry quickly grabbed Thomas and threw him onto his back, "HOLD ON!"
Harry started running as fast as he could, while Donovan's cackles filled the air.

Minerva sat at her table calmly waiting for the end. She tiredly rose to her feet and looked out the window, noticing the dark spot in the sky. Minerva sighed as she looked over the fields. The grounds of Hogwarts, the Forbidden Forrest. The beautiful sights before her...
"Albus..." Minerva whispered as she looked out the window. "You said something to Potter once...the day he left...about Hogwarts, what was it?"
The portrait nodded in understanding. "I told him that Hogwarts would always be his home, and I stand by that claim, even now...at the end."
Dumbledore sighed as he spoke with passion. "Hogwarts will always be our home. You see Hogwarts is not just the castle in which we currently reside. It is not just a place of learning, nor is it simply a place we prepare for the future.
Hogwarts is a place where we find ourselves, and where we find each other.
Harry ran as fast as he could towards the Hogwarts gates, as the Missile in the sky neared its target. Harry felt his heart and lungs tear at each over as the child on his back started to cry...
Hogwarts is the friends you make, the friends you keep.
In the Chamber of Secrets, children of all houses, ages, race and creeds held each over. Hoping with everything they had that they would survive...
Hogwarts is the love you win, and the love you lose.
Luna screamed with tear stained eyes as the Missile struck Hogwarts. Harry stopped running and turned around...
Hogwarts is our dreams, and sometimes it is the realization of our dream coming true.
Donovan looked up as fire spread through the halls towards him. He smiled as he closed his eyes...
Hogwarts is our very childhood...
Hermione looked over her plan when Dean whispered the news into her ear. Hermione looked down at her sheets unseeing as her face paled...
...Even when we have grown to become adults, with adult responsibilities.
Ron entered and noticed something was wrong with his girlfriend. "Hermione?"
Hermione slowley looked up, her eye wet with unshed tears.
Ron paled as he rushed over to her side. "What is it? What's wrong?"
Hermione broke down into tears as she sobbed in Ron's arms...
One could say Hogwarts is the child within us all.
Harry opened his eyes in the blinding white light as the Castle became engulfed in a Mushroom cloud. It reminded Harry of old footage he had seen on the television once. The Cloud of Nuclear fire spread quickly, heading towards him at great speed. Harry pulled Thomas off his back and whispered in his ear. He then tucked the child deep into his chest as threw on the Invisibility cloak, hiding the coming destruction from the child. Harry spoke calmly just as the fallout consumed them. "Don't look..."
And like our childhood...it must end.
Luna screamed in silent agony as Umbridge lowered her wand and motioned to Kingsley to take her away. Luna did not fight Kingsley as he dragged her away from the room. Images of the explosion showed on every wall. The Silenced girl could only cry as she repeated the name Harry...
"Hogwarts is in our hearts. Hogwarts shall always be with us as long as we hold on to the Memories."
Minerva smiled as he looked at Dumbledore's portrait. "Thank you then Albus, for the memories."
Albus smiled. "When it is all said and done. Memories is all we take with us."
Minerva sighed as she pressed her hand on the portrait and Dumbledore rested his hand under hers. McGonagall softly whispered, "Goodbye..."

The people who stand by your side, they are your Hogwarts.
As long as we all stand together, I promise we will always have a home.

24 hours later

"Is now really the time!" Ron shouted at his sister who was humming a tune to herself as she looked around at the creator. "Will you look around you. Hogwarts is gone...and...and so is Harry..."
"I was just thinking of him actually." Ginny wistfully as she sat on the ground and looked at her wreck of a Brother. "You know he reminds me of a song, a Muggle song in fact."
"Mental..." Ron choked out as he sat beside his sister, feeling like he would never be happy again.
"It's called the Boxer by this duo, Simon and Garfunkel." Ginny mused. "There's this line in the song that always reminded me of Harry."
"Hmm." Ron grunted not really listening.
Ginny nodded before she recited softly.
"In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of every glove that laid him down
And cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains
Still remains..."
Ron looked at Ginny who smiled with a shrug. "Fighters are a stubborn people, they never seem to know when they've had enough. Just when you think they are down for the count...they come back for more."
.
.
.
Too Be Continued...More to Come...
Sign up to rate and review this story